What happens to MF-Stuff when it's removed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

What happens to trhe MF runes still in inventory or on armor? Does it disappear? Same questions to all other mf items.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

They haven’t told us yet, but they did say they were going to make it so it is as smooth a transition as possible. Some theories are that the stats are going to change, others are that these items will be salvageable for account consumables. But ultimately, we don’t know yet.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

I have many runes of the traveller and wodner whethe rI need to sell because they lose all worth or are destroyed or whatever.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lilith Ajit.6173

It’s a toss up, I think. It’s possible that they increase majorly in value due to stat change or some other value. It’s also possible they decrease entirely in value and any investment is lost. Until more information is released it is all speculation.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

They replace MF with some other benefit so the items are still appropriately powerful for their level/grade/slot.

We just haven’t been told what the replacement effect is. With names like wayfarer and travel on the gear that provides it, I’m actually hoping for some sort of mobility buff, but a %-reduction in the duration of crowd control is a hot mechanic lately and also fits the naming scheme…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lilith Ajit.6173

Can you provide a link to where they have confirmed that the stat will replaced by another stat?

[ARES]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

As soon as I read about the change to MF, I salvaged out everything I could and went back to my “stay alive + condition damage” gear. I would rather be used to the survivability now than try to worry about balancing the mf replacement later. Given how much gold I’ve amassed adventuring since then, the difference was noticable (prolly 8-ish% higher resale/salvage value) but really not amazing with MF gear, anyway.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Account Magic Find

We want to remove the choice players are currently being forced to make on their gear: “Do I go with better stats, or better loot?” This isn’t in the spirit of cooperation that Guild Wars 2 is all about. As such, we’ll be removing magic find entirely as an item stat and turning it into account stat that improved the odds of rare drops for all your characters.

You can improve your account magic find through the account achievement reward system and from consumable items found in game. As your magic find increases, it will require more consumables to keep raising it higher. In the near future, we’ll detail the system we’ll use to replace the existing magic find items. Our goal will be to have as little disruption as possible to those who currently own items with a magic find stat on them.

Having all existing items suddenly be half as potent as they should be due to a missing primary stat would be pretty disruptive by any standard. They could just swap them all to an existing stat, but even that is poor compensation. My thinking was they’d like to maintain continuity of names for gear and runes/sigils, so if they do some sort of stat swap, it’ll appeal to the current naming convents.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.