What happens to selling offers of banned people?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hans.8301

Hans.8301

Q:

I mean, are their selling offers and buy orders cancelled or will they still remain ingame? F.ex. What happens when you ban a botter that’s offering a Prelegendary on the BLT, is it removed?

I know this may be a tricky question and may not get an answer, but I think it’s important to increase our knowledge on this subject in order to judge what’s happening with the BLT (craft mats price spike) and how ANet actions against bots affect our economy.

(In case there’s already an official answer about it, can anybody point me in the right direction?)

Thank you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

Good question. The logical explanation would be they would all disappear – buy and sell orders. Also,what about temporary bans vs perma bans, temp bans without item confiscation? Lots of variables.

In practice though us players don’t know if it really happens, since it is pretty impossible to test.

An official tested response would be nice.

(edited by NinjaKnight.1340)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dualius.4916

Dualius.4916

This seems like a perfect gold sink though. 300G is spent on a precursor, the item is taken off the market, and the gold disappears into thin air. But it probably does just get taken off.