What is the future treatment of the economy?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Im That Guy.2648

Im That Guy.2648

I have enjoyed playing this game, but I’m beginning to fear the worst in my “investment” with it. What I mean by this is that when I first began playing I never felt my time was wasted, but now I can barely get on the game without noticing some sort of drastic alteration to the economy. When the economy is never stable and always manipulated it creates a very noticeable gap between the ones who became rich in the quarter of release, and those who will most likely never breach the gap to riches.

Initially I did feel that this situation was solely put on me as a player and marketer. However, as each new patch comes I notice that the economy is not being left alone. Every time I load a new download I have to spend a few hours just finding what new manipulations were made that are going to screw over a very large number of the player base. I know I have personally been affected numerous times from random manipulations.

I don’t write to insult you, I write to ask what the intent is by Arenanet. If Arenanet truly wishes to actively manipulate their economy several times a week I feel it’s only respectful to make the community aware. It shouldn’t be a situation where players fear every patch. Some of us don’t play merely for the element of PvP, PvE, or even community. With a game comes certain perks, one of them being the chance to develop economic skills.

It’s become rather obvious that numerous unplanned for things have occurred. From the butter and chocolate surpluses to the abuse of karma I can understand why it becomes difficult to regulate. However, some of these mistakes are easily being repeated and manipulated to try to prolong wealth for the average player. It is no secret that many players abused the game to make a lot of money in the first month by exploiting for many legendary precursers. Yet Arenanet seems to find it acceptable to not regulate those prices because it helps contribute to the purchasing of money.
It seems a tad unfair for Arenanet to manipulate the economy when it can take away from players, but to let it take it’s course when it can also take away from the average player.

I am just wondering if you intend to every week play with the economy, or if you guys do see a stability in the future. I have never played a game with so much manipulation and denial. I feel lied to, and it is unsettling. I really loved my time playing this game for a few months straight, but an economy is one of my favorite parts of the game and I feel my time is being wasted. I mean no insults, but I feel the community is begging for some clarification. Please share what you can.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Its a very free economy even with the manipulations by both players and anet around. Real life economy has much more manipulations and regulations.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Im That Guy.2648

Its a very free economy even with the manipulations by both players and anet around. Real life economy has much more manipulations and regulations.

I wish I could agree with you, but in this situation Arenanet is producing much greater manipulations than viable in “real life”. An ample comparison may be the diamond industry to support you, but that is not even a fair comparison. The diamond industry is an obvious manipulation of supply and demand. When you see the “God” element compromising DR and the actual supply as a whole it has breached any sense of real life.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Im That Guy.2648

Just and advice, afik naming the devs in the title get the threads locked/closed.

Thank you I was not aware of this I’ll change it then.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

Im That Guy, would you consider moving your focus to the stickied thread in this subforum Started by John Smith called Recent Market Shifts??

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

(edited by Psientist.6437)