What should I spend my gold on? (endgame)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lunesta.3742

Lunesta.3742

So, I’ve been fortunate enough to have some recent free time and have quasi-maxed my character (80 in exotics). Good news everyone! Exotic prices are falling big time, so go run around Orr for a few days and you’ll be orange too :-)

Now, to the topic at hand. What do I do with gold?

- Crafting profits are in a free-fall due to over-supply
- Legendary weapons are not compelling stats-wise
- WvW is so lopsided my server won (or lost, in my case) by the end of the weekend so there’s no reason to spend money on siege or upgrades
- Create a bunch of alts and level them to 80 via crafting (this is my current thought)

Anyone have any other ideas?

P.S. this is NOT a thread on what to do in the endgame, but what to do with gold

Librium – Elementalist – IoJ

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Psientist.4732

Psientist.4732

Buy pretty items and strut around in lions arch so everyone can see how rich you are

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fate.8034

Fate.8034

Your precious exotics will rack up the worst repair bills ever. Keep a stash for a rainy day, or use the money to facilitate waypointing to all your undiscovered areas.

Buy legendary components/ingredients?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Volatility.6729

Volatility.6729

Level alts quicker while you can – which is what I’m doing. You never know how crafting will effect xp gains in the near-term if they decide on some sort of a nerf.

Ostrich Burger
The Patryns [TP]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

buy all the Abyss, Black, White, Celestial dyes you can.

Resell them when those dyes reach 50 gold each.

Because eventually you will want either more gems or more gold for the new items coming out.