What to buy for Black Friday?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ascendant.5746

Ascendant.5746

Q:

I’m kind of new to this game and I’m wondering what items in the cash shop I should look out for.

Also say your budget was somewhere round the 10000 gem range; seemingly a good number to use to figuratively calculate a good estimate of what to buy.

Any ideas?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Transmutation crystals are something you’ll likely need. Getting a few might really help you in the future, when you’re level 80 and going for cosmetics.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

There isn’t THAT much stuff in the gem store. Take a look around and find some stuff you like. You aren’t going to be able to purchase anything that will improve your toons stats or make him more powerful as everything is basically cosmetics (skins).

I will advise you not to buy any RNG stuff like Black Lion keys. Most people who purchase them regret it in the end. I also think stuff like the boosters are a waste as you tend to accumulate those from chests and events anyway.

I really like the unlimited harvesting tools, but I think the only one left in the store atm is the axe. You could also check out the armor or town clothes skins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Never hurts to stock some Transmutation Crystals

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I’d wait for Monday – Bank Tabs and Bag* Slots.
Can also check out the skins available on Sunday.

• Edit: corrected “Bank” to “Bag”
“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

(edited by Rouven.7409)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I wouldn’t bother buying anything today. Black Lion Keys are a gamble and Mystic Forge Stones…really aren’t all that useful. Transmutation Crystals are the best things on sale today, but they’re only useful once you’re level 80, so I’m not sure I’d bother with them if you’re just starting out. You might have a use for them eventually, but…

I’d definitely wait and see else goes on sale. Character slots are good, (although you don’t have much need for them when you’re starting out, naturally,) and bank expansions might also be good if/when they go on sale. This is totally a matter of preference, but I enjoy some of the goofy town clothes items (Pirate costume, for example,) so that’s something I’ll, personally, be looking to go on sale.

I’d avoid consumables, like boosters. You just don’t need them.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Topology.8931

Topology.8931

I’d wait for Monday – Bank Tabs and Bank Slots.
Can also check out the skins available on Sunday.

Has it been stated somewhere what will be on sale, and when?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Complete-Black-Friday-Sale-Info

Link above for anyone else that wants to know.

Yak’s Bend – Toposword 80 Warrior [TPR]

(edited by Topology.8931)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

Bank Slots (character-specific) and Bank Tabs (accountwide) will be very useful down the track, think of them as your real estate.

Careful with the Bank Slots – you’ll probably only want them on your main character, and since you are just starting out you might end up shelving the character you put them on.

The Transmute Crystals (blue) will be necessary to look nice when you’ve reached max level, and if you go for the 25-crystal deal you’ll almost certainly use them all
- but DO NOT BURN THEM until you are lvl 80; use the free yellow transmutes you get from completing zones until then.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Watch the exchange and buy gold, as it lets you get exactly what you want without rolling the RNG dice.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Sadly, I was thinking 48 gold per hundred gems instead of 48 gold per 800 gems. My hopes of seeing a legendary wielder progress through the game from 2 to 80 are dashed…

(edited by Thelgar.7214)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Bank Slots (character-specific) and Bank Tabs (accountwide) will be very useful down the track, think of them as your real estate.

Careful with the Bank Slots – you’ll probably only want them on your main character, and since you are just starting out you might end up shelving the character you put them on.

The Transmute Crystals (blue) will be necessary to look nice when you’ve reached max level, and if you go for the 25-crystal deal you’ll almost certainly use them all
- but DO NOT BURN THEM until you are lvl 80; use the free yellow transmutes you get from completing zones until then.

You are inadvertently being misleading here. You can purchase bank tabs which is your main bank that any character can access and you can store all your stuff. These are nice to buy when on sale and they do fill fast as you collect mats and play through LS stuff accumulating all the skins and stuff.

Then you have backpack slots. These are per character. If you have a main toon, it’s nice to unlock them all so you aren’t constantly going to a merchant.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I bought 25 transmutation crystals…Anet must make a bomb on those…its so restrictive needing them anytime you want to change your characters look…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ascendant.5746

Ascendant.5746

I have so many transmutation crystals now…lol
Got like 230 of em, but…should i get more…?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Jeeze I got 100 and I was like… did I get too many?

230 should be enough to hold you over to next year unless you change your clothes more often than a 6 year old with a barbie doll. >.> not that I would know <.<

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I want bank tabs but with gold to gem exchange rate I probably won’t buy any this time. I’m nervous about buying gems mainly because i had problems with my credit card trying to buy guild wars 1 from the official site (summary: they flat out refused to accept it and i had to buy it somewhere else) and just don’t want to deal with it and maybe getting my account banned for “fraud”.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

I just plan on getting two skins I’ve been eyeing for a while but waffling on – and maybe some of the Set 1 minis, maybe a bank tab (depending on how nuts I go over the minis). I have a ton of the transmutation crystals in the bank already and don’t change stuff very often so I’m not worried about that.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You can’t just buy one pack of minis, though. It’s 10 packs for 2K gems. I don’t like minis enough to feel the need to spend 2K gems on them, with Wintersday items coming I am saving gems.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jerry.1893

Jerry.1893

Transmutation crystals are something you’ll likely need. Getting a few might really help you in the future, when you’re level 80 and going for cosmetics.

Actually trait resets are a priority over transmutation.

Because with transmutation you’ll need splitters if you plan to re-transmute and keep the skin. That will cost a lot more.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jerry.1893

Jerry.1893

Bank slots do not change from character to character.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Actually trait resets are a priority over transmutation.

Because with transmutation you’ll need splitters if you plan to re-transmute and keep the skin. That will cost a lot more.

You only need splitters if you want to keep the skin and the stats gear.

But that’s not what I meant, the trait resets aren’t on sale on Black Friday and that’s what the OP was asking about.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.