Whats the best and worst gem shop item?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cod Eye.1632

Cod Eye.1632

Subjective question really, but how do you feel about what is available, and what is the best value for money (gold) item and the worst in your experience?

For me the Box of fun is probably the most over valued item I experienced when testing in Beta so I have never touched it since and the chests have proven of very little worth. I have spent most gems on dye packs so I’d say that has been the best value for me closely followed with bank expansion.

Please keep civil and on track, as I’m sure that Anet would be interested in your feedback on this subject, although they have data on what people spend their gems on.

“Hey I swung a sword, Hey Hey I swung a sword again,”

“After several hours I’m still swinging this sword with1 lodestone drop”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TexY.2350

TexY.2350

Karma booster is the thing for me!
Even though i wished it gave more! like 100% more.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: zogrim.6925

zogrim.6925

For me: bank/bag slot > character slot > forge stone > salvage kit and the rest is pretty much uninteresting (if I had excessive amounts of gems I’d buy some, but I wouldn’t “farm” to get any).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zuggy.4501

Zuggy.4501

I would agree that the fun boxes are probably the worst. I find anything that’s permanent for the account are the best value so dyes, bank and bag slots. I also find some of the boosters to be worth the cost too, like the Crafting booster when I’m powerleveling an alt or crafting to quickly gain skills points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Spawn.7014

Spawn.7014

i used gems for bank and bag slots. and karma boosters. cut my karma farm in half. run plinx event for around 4k karma.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

For me the list looks like:

Character slot
Bank expansion
Bag slot
The rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

Bank expansion is by far the most valuable to me.

I have to admit that I bought the chef outfit and pirate outfit when they were on sale. I love the silly toys that come with them – it’s a fun way to kill time waiting for your team outside a dungeon. I think the non-sale price was a bit steep though.

I don’t know that there’s a “worst” item… I don’t have a lot of interest in the box o’ fun but I can see that it’s kind of neat for guild events. I don’t have a lot of interest in black lion chest keys – the results are too random and the tonics, while fun, take up too much bank space. If there was a collection tab for tonics, I’d be all for opening the 50+ chests I have in my bank (thank goodness they stack!)

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

Expansion items and character slots are great.

Non-fantasy clothing items I find annoying…so worst items for me. I don’t want baseball caps in a fantasy setting.

Also, I currently miss things like make over packs like we had in GW1 so we can alter the appearance of our characters.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cod Eye.1632

Cod Eye.1632

@Pandemniac the tonics as far as I’m aware have been changed to mystery and now stack, I am guessing for the reason you stated, but I still see little value in chests to warrant buying keys, each to their own though.

I was going to buy the pirate outfit, but because these are town clothing items and couldn’t transmute to my armour, I decided not to purchase, as I don’t stand around at any one spot to long to warrant the purchase.

Personally I would of thought more armour skins would of been at the forefront of the gem store, but this isn’t the case, and am a bit bewildered as to why Anet didn’t go that route as I’m sure more people would of been inclined to spend more on gems, and I’m almost certain others would of thought the same.

“Hey I swung a sword, Hey Hey I swung a sword again,”

“After several hours I’m still swinging this sword with1 lodestone drop”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Bank slots, character slots

Most disappointing as far as value – I bought some BL keys for the chests. They’ve since improved the chests, but for me if it were 50 gems per key, I might get a couple again. If they were 25 per key, I’d feel that’s the real fair value.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

Personally I would of thought more armour skins would of been at the forefront of the gem store, but this isn’t the case, and am a bit bewildered as to why Anet didn’t go that route as I’m sure more people would of been inclined to spend more on gems, and I’m almost certain others would of thought the same.

I think they will come in the future. There are a lot of special skins that you can earn in the game, and my guess is that they wanted to get those in place before offering ones you can just buy.

My husband has done some 3D modeling/texturing, and the amount of work the art in GW2 represents is astounding. I think they did enough armor skins and town clothes to give folks a taste of what was coming and deferred the rest until after folks have explored what’s available in the game a bit more.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shooopa.5632

Shooopa.5632

Best is no question the cow finisher.

User will be infracted for this post.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

I spent most of my gems (converted mostly from gold instead of real money) on Bag Slots, Bank Slots, and the occasional Karma Booster. At this rate, I might be using the Karma Boosters like it’s a drug or something seeing that I need a lot of Karma for my legendary. Fortunately, I could convert my gold into gems. If my only choice was to convert real money to gems, I would have burned my copy of GW2 over a bonfire.

With that said, I would say the boosters in general are the worse because they can be “one hell of a drug.” Inventory slots, on the other hand, are the best.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

I purchased 3 more character slots. After that…then bank slots and Black Lion salvage kits. Never exchange gems for gold though.

But baseball caps, boxing gloves and sunglasses? Don’t really understand those items at all.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

(edited by Raf.1078)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I purchased 3 more character slots. After that…then bank slots and Black Lion salvage kits. Never exchange gems for gold though.

I heard the BL salvage kits aren’t as good as the ones we buy in game. true/false?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

The BL Savage Kits have a 100% chance to obtain any upgrades and a 50% chance of obtaining rare materials; versus 80% and 25% for the Master’s Salvage Kit. I personally recommend those for salvaging level 80 Rare items for an increased chance of obtaining Ectos. For all others, I use lesser salvage kits.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I’ve been playing around with Black Lion Keys in Beta and found there’s actually quite some good stuff. Sure, it’s a gamble, but it’s offset by the following:
- the BL chest always gives more gemwise than a key costs so there’s net profit per chest.
- the BL chest gives a new key about 2/3rd of the time so basically profit is tripled.
- MF boosts, salvage kit, harvesting tools, repair canisters and others directly translate into gold.

So 1. you make a net profit on gems by using chests. 2. you earn more gold because of it and 3. all apparent costs are effectively halved because of high key drops from the chests themselves. Value for money they sure are the best, if and only if you can handle some 100% win rate gambling.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

So far I have bought only bank / bag slots and some lvl 80 transmute stones. Going to buy a character slot when I need one more.

I’m not a big fan of gamble-boxes or anything non-permanent like boosters are so it’s going to be only permanent stuff for me

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I don’t consider it a gamble box in that by default I get more than I paid for, however it might not be exactly what I need at the time. Those aren’t mutually exclusive.

It’s like a slot machine that always cashes out, however sometimes you may get pounds or canadian dollars so they might not appear useful now but they still have value when used properly.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

Black Lion Salvage kits are under-rated – with map competion you get multiple exotics and often the runes are worth more than the armor (especially once you factor in the change to get ectos).

For me the worst item is the kill streak boosters – loose it if you need a bathroom break? No thanks!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

Worst: transform potions, the random ones

Best so far: Endless tonic, turns characters into furniture items, or stuff around the world. but mostly furniture.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bornthisway.4609

Bornthisway.4609

Char slot>Bank slot>Bag slot>The rest

I did buy the witch’s outfit though, that was too perfect to miss out on.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Grumpy.8365

Grumpy.8365

I personally like to buy armor skins. :P But, I hate all the ones on the gem shop except maybe the medium armor (krytan). But, I don’t use medium armor. I got some clothes too though. So, seems like I’m an exception.

Skins > Char slot > bag slot > bank slot > the rest.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arlandino.7513

Arlandino.7513

anything RNG is garbage. the random color specific dye packs, consortium chests, black lion chests…etc.

(edited by Arlandino.7513)