When can I exchange Gold for Gems?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cinnamon Toast King.3062

Cinnamon Toast King.3062

I am starting with a brand new account after not playing for a good long time. With my new character I have gotten them to lvl 10 made it out of the tutorial area have done a few things on everything.

Is it time locked or am I just not doing the one thing I need to do?

It says this feature is currently disabled please try again later.

(edited by Cinnamon Toast King.3062)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

do you have enough gold to exchange? o0

in Black Lion Trading Co

Cinnamon Toast King.3062

Back then that wasn’t an issue. I even bought some gems to see vice versa and still nothing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I am starting with a brand new account after not playing for a good long time. With my new character I have gotten them to lvl 10 made it out of the tutorial area have done a few things on everything.

Is it time locked or am I just not doing the one thing I need to do?

It says this feature is currently disabled please try again later.

There are several features that are time locked in order to prevent gold sellers/gold farmers/bots/spammers from surging into the game with new characters. I believe that interaction with the gem exchange is time gated in order to protect the exchange from nefarious persons.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Cinnamon Toast King.3062

Any idea the time?…well assuming you would have said if you known. But if some one knows that would be nice.

I have had it for 3days now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

With my new character I have gotten them to lvl 10 made it out of the tutorial area have done a few things on everything.

hopefully not in that order?
it would take far too long to get to level 10 in the tutorial area
didn’t someone get to level 40 or so in there? I know there was this WoW character that got to max level in their tutorial area. the youtube video of his last level is hilarious (~a hundred people following him)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Any idea the time?…well assuming you would have said if you known. But if some one knows that would be nice.

I have had it for 3days now.

I’m not dead sure there is a specific time. From what I’ve seen from different threads, it seems to be a gradual lifting of restrictions rather than a, ‘one day you can’t and the next you can’.

In this thread, http://www.guildwars2guru.com/arenanet-tracker/topic/236203-account-transfer-limit-mail-issue/ while a Gaile confirms the general idea about restrictions on new accounts (here it’s sending mats) she doesn’t give the details. Other threads about sending gold have also talked about restrictions being gradually lifted.

One thread, talking about transferring gold between 2 accounts did say 30 days to lift these restrictions.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

AFAIK, the timing is not something Anet wants known (so Gold Sellers cannot use the info to bypass the restrictions). It’s quite possible there are some random factors also being present to further confuse them.

Keep playing normally and the capability will eventually become available to you.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: XDeadzX.2581

XDeadzX.2581

With my new character I have gotten them to lvl 10 made it out of the tutorial area have done a few things on everything.

hopefully not in that order?
it would take far too long to get to level 10 in the tutorial area
didn’t someone get to level 40 or so in there? I know there was this WoW character that got to max level in their tutorial area. the youtube video of his last level is hilarious (~a hundred people following him)

People have gotten to 80 in the tutorial zones on GW2. Human, Charr, Sylvari, and I believe an asura. No Norns yet AFAIK.

@OP I believe it’s 7 days wait for a lot of things, and 30 days for a few others.