Where I spend my money...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Northlander.4619

Northlander.4619

I have bought gems in two instances so far. When the game was released and when the makeover kits were releaed. With these gems I’ve so far bought:

1. Bank slot expansion x2
  2. Character slot expansion x2
  3. 5 Makeover kits
  4. Some random junk with leftovers

What I would like to buy but haven’t because they don’t exist or a very important prerequisite for them does not exist.

1. Alternate armor tab (so I can swap between two armors like with weapons)
  2. Costumes/skins (because of lack of costume maker)
  3. Revive orbs (because they are too slow and unwieldy!)
  4. Keys (because they are way too random)
  5. Summons (like the imp summon in GW. Permanent item but limited by timer)
  6. Portable dungeon waypoint (for Arah, fractals and other spots like that. Seriously!)

Now the reason why I don’t buy costumes is because once they are bought there’s no way to recreate them if you replace them with a new costume. I’m not going to waste bank space on this and I’m not going to delete something that I’ve paid real money for. If I’ve paid for a costume/skin I expect to be able to duplicate that costume for personal use over multiple characters or at least if I have to temporarily delete one for space.

Things I will almost certainly never buy from the store

1. Minis*, boosters, salvage kits, merchant services, one time consumables in general

*In fact maybe consider turning minis into summons I mentioned above or at least allow us to play “battle chess” with them. You know. Duel with minis!

(edited by Northlander.4619)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

So far I have bought 1 bank slot with gems, that’s all.

What would I buy?
- Alternate armor slot
- Easy-to-swap trait setup thing

But, what do I need the most that is not in the game? An item toolbar! Really, I need a toolbar for my WvWvW blueprints and for my Ogre Pet Whistle, Seed Turret and Ash Legion Spy Kit. These are items that are very fun too use and not OP, but it is terrible to open your inventory and having to use them from there.

Seriously! Just add a toolbar for 12 items, Anet!

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Tallis, you’ll be sad to know the ogre pet whisle was removed from the game on the 4th

Auw! The 100+ in my bags will be used wisely then!

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

Sorry Tallis, they were not removed. The event was changed, now it will alternate selling tonics and whistles.