Where does my money go?

Where does my money go?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: PartyPanda.1960

PartyPanda.1960

When selling an item, some money seems unaccounted for.

Sold an item for 95 gold, listing fee was 4 gold 75 silver, projected profit was 85 gold 20 silver.

95 – 4.75 does not equal 85.20, so where does the rest of the money go? I would appreciate more transparency when listing fees so I don’t feel like my money just disappears into the abyss. What’s happened to my 5 gold and 5 silver?

Where does my money go?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Projected profit does not include the 5% listing fee, just the 10% sales fee.
You need to manually deduct the displayed listing fee from the projected profit to see what actual profit you will be making on the entire sale, if any.

1s = Sell Price
5c = Listing Fee
10c = Sales Fee
90c = Displayed Projected Profit
85c = Actual Profit on the sale (profit as long as vending nets less than 85c)

If it vends for 99c and you sell it to a 1s buy order, you actually lose 15c on the sale and should have instead sold to a vendor (or salvaged, but that’s a different discussion).

Yes, it is very silly and poorly designed. :\

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Where does my money go?

in Black Lion Trading Co

PartyPanda.1960

Hmm…well, I really wish they would show those fees in the trading post :/

Where does my money go?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

They do show the listing fee, it’s directly next to the projected profit. Has to be shown separately too so that people know whether they can afford to list the item.

Where does my money go?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Profit is the wrong word. That number represents what you will see when you pick up the cash from the sale, since the bid fee is already paid upfront.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Where does my money go?

in Black Lion Trading Co

PartyPanda.1960

Right, I know that the fee is shown for listing, but what I am saying is that there is a chunk of money missing, as shown in the example of my original post. I was aware that I was paying 4 gold 25 silver for listing that item, but I was not told up front where the rest of the gold went to between what it was sold for and the fee I had paid.

I would rather be told in plain writing that the market would be deducting a total of almost 10 gold than to have money unaccounted for in my transaction.

Where does my money go?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

You need to manually deduct the displayed listing fee from the projected profit to see what actual profit you will be making on the entire sale, if any.

1s = Sell Price
5c = Listing Fee
10c = Sales Fee

If it vends for 99c and you sell it to a 1s buy order, you actually lose 15c on the sale and should have instead sold to a vendor (or salvaged, but that’s a different discussion).

This is why many of my characters didn’t vote for Evon!

(Maybe…)

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Where does my money go?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Right, I know that the fee is shown for listing, but what I am saying is that there is a chunk of money missing, as shown in the example of my original post. I was aware that I was paying 4 gold 25 silver for listing that item, but I was not told up front where the rest of the gold went to between what it was sold for and the fee I had paid.

I would rather be told in plain writing that the market would be deducting a total of almost 10 gold than to have money unaccounted for in my transaction.

You listed for 95g. Posting fee is 5% so that’s 4g75s paid up front and non-refundable and is listed as “fee” in the interface. Upon sale there’s a 10% sales tax deducted from your asking price meaning there will be 85g50s waiting for pickup, which is what gets listed as “profit”. The 4g75s posting fee is NOT included in the calculation of “profit”.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Where does my money go?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

1s = Sell Price
5c = Listing Fee
10c = Sales Fee

(Maybe…)

Vengeance for Ascalon!

Where does my money go?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i honestly think that it should behave like a proper mmo auction house. 15% cut period. no listing fee, or turn it into a deposit that you get back after sale completion.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Where does my money go?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

i honestly think that it should behave like a proper mmo auction house. 15% cut period. no listing fee, or turn it into a deposit that you get back after sale completion.

Unfortunately the listing fee is necessary. Else people would just use it as storage by putting up items at ridicoulus prices. The listing fee keeps that from happening.

Where does my money go?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I think it’s designed just like they wanted. Let stupid people gold sink more than they would if they made it idiot proof (so you couldn’t sell at all if the actual profit is less than vendor price). The entire transaction fee reason is simply to remove gold from the system…something needed in an MMO economy.

The up front listing fee (per above) is to prevent the TP from being an infinite storage locker.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Where does my money go?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Random Evon Personal Pocket Fee.

Just kidding. Since this thread pops up all the time I vote either for some sort of sticky or a better explanation in game.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Where does my money go?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

1s = Sell Price
5c = Listing Fee
10c = Sales Fee

(Maybe…)

Evon just takes 5% listing fee, while Kiel and the Captains Council pocket the 10% taxes.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Where does my money go?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’m surprised there has never been a “What does Anet do with all the TP fee gold?” thread….the level of thought the general player base exhibits is astounding at times.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Where does my money go?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I’m surprised there has never been a “What does Anet do with all the TP fee gold?” thread….the level of thought the general player base exhibits is astounding at times.

Duh, we all know that. They convert it to gems, then sell it for cash and that’s how they can have catered food service every day for lunch.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”