Where is Grenth hood? =[

Where is Grenth hood? =[

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Danielapsama.1672

Danielapsama.1672

So… I was going to buy the Grenth Hood skin from the Gem store, but unaware that it wasn’t a permanent item, I thought it would be fine to buy at a later date when I had the money.

But to my great disappointment, it’s not there anymore… I’ve had the same old primeval amour since I first hit 80 and I had been planning out a really awesome looking Grenth style.

Does anyone know if this will be for sale anytime in the future? maybe next Wintersay or something?

I’d pay double if you could just let me get it Anet PLEEEEEAAASE TAKE MY MONEY!

I can understand actual seasonal items like Wintersday weapon skins being exclusive, but the Grenth hood was just an awesome normal thing that isn’t there anymore?

Where is Grenth hood? =[

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

time limited. Next Halloween.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Where is Grenth hood? =[

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Danielapsama.1672

Danielapsama.1672

time limited. Next Halloween.

Yeah, but it wasn’t Halloween, it was Wintersday and it doesn’t seem like it will be a seasonal Christmas thing?
I hope it is though =[

Where is Grenth hood? =[

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Wintersday in GW1 was ALL about Grenth and Dwayna. I’d be surprised if it didn’t make another appearance at that time.

Almost all the Halloween items came back.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Where is Grenth hood? =[

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

All I can say is a free to play game that has players who will spend money on certain items..what part of this transaction is misunderstood? Either retail what they’d like and make some money, or don’t and leave them disappointed and make no money. One of these options seems a lot better than the other.

Where is Grenth hood? =[

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

All I can say is a free to play game that has players who will spend money on certain items..what part of this transaction is misunderstood? Either retail what they’d like and make some money, or don’t and leave them disappointed and make no money. One of these options seems a lot better than the other.

While it seems that would work, it’s more effective to have things around for limited time, people panic and will impulse buy more readily thinking they won’t be able to get it later. Leave things around in store indefinitely and people put purchases off and then realise they didn’t really want it after all.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Where is Grenth hood? =[

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

While it seems that would work, it’s more effective to have things around for limited time, people panic and will impulse buy more readily thinking they won’t be able to get it later. Leave things around in store indefinitely and people put purchases off and then realise they didn’t really want it after all.

I guess this is why every major retailer in world aims to have diverse products for retail in a establishment as opposed to selling things off the back of a truck round town for a limited time. I think my example more accurately shows stocked shelves works better than limited time offers. Even in limited time offers retailers will extend period of purchase if demand shows revenue is still to be made. This is why music artists will set second and third concert dates, holiday sales will be extended to the Monday and rain checks offered. I have purchased armor skins for one off piece’s within the set well after a reasonable period of time. If this limited time thinking is correct, then it would be best if make overs packs etc were also only seldom released so people stocked up. The reality is that limited time offers exclusively work best for products that are limited in supply. In gw2 case all products are virtual so supply being perpetual to meet any opening. residual and after event event demand is financially sound. It costs little to keep the product stored in infinite supply for any current/future demand that will result in revenue. When stated like this, why would a retailer not keep a near infinite amount of product(s) that costs little to store and does not use up excessive display space that prohibits additional products being sold?

Where is Grenth hood? =[

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I guess this is why every major retailer in world aims to have diverse products for retail in a establishment as opposed to selling things off the back of a truck round town for a limited time. I think my example more accurately shows stocked shelves works better than limited time offers. Even in limited time offers retailers will extend period of purchase if demand shows revenue is still to be made. This is why music artists will set second and third concert dates, holiday sales will be extended to the Monday and rain checks offered. I have purchased armor skins for one off piece’s within the set well after a reasonable period of time. If this limited time thinking is correct, then it would be best if make overs packs etc were also only seldom released so people stocked up. The reality is that limited time offers exclusively work best for products that are limited in supply. In gw2 case all products are virtual so supply being perpetual to meet any opening. residual and after event event demand is financially sound. It costs little to keep the product stored in infinite supply for any current/future demand that will result in revenue. When stated like this, why would a retailer not keep a near infinite amount of product(s) that costs little to store and does not use up excessive display space that prohibits additional products being sold?

Every major retailer doesn’t keep the same products forever outside of “staple” products, notice how clothes change each season and the same clothes don’t come back next year?

Tours get extended based on demand, demand that exists because they are presented as limited (because the artist isn’t sticking around in town indefinitely for anyone to come along whenever they feel like it)

Presenting pretty much anything in a limited why results in increased demand. Most sales of new items in the cash show happen on day one of their release, keeping items around indefinitely just takes up space, part of the reason a lot of town clothes items just had their final sale and have been retired permanently a month or two ago. The cash store isn’t designed to have a lot of style items in it the single column scroll without a search will become a hindrance with items being kept around for a long time and their sales significantly dropped off after the first couple days anyway.

Make over kits are consumed and gone and will always have buyers, A style isn’t consumed it’s just added to an item and can be moved around on the account using splitters (also consumed and creates a demand for them)

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.