Why can't it be like in the GW1...and Gifts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lejean.9615

lejean.9615

In GW1, it was easier to earn big money than in GW2:
-you could farm ectos/obsi shards in UW/FoW,
-you could farm dungeons for rare skins, for example: frog scepters, BDSes, VS… they weren’t soulbound so you could wear them and sell if you were bored of it,
-farm dungeons, like Kath, just for platinum rewards+thing which was sold for 4k or more.
-farm events for party/drunk/sweet points and sell them,
-open birthday presents and sell minis,
-farm DoA for Tormented weapons, which were very expensive = the best platinum maker.
-farm PvP for zkeys, which were also expensive,
-farm challenges for armors and sell them.

And more… you could easy get 100k platins or even million by farming DoA. Nobody was sad because of that economy.

And in GW2? How does it looks like?
-farm events for 1.8silver… 50+ events for 1 gold.
-waste your money by teleporting and repairing your armor (in GW1 you could teleport for free),
-farm dungeons just for nerfed silver rewards (19s, not 25s, and many, many silver loss because of armor repairs). Rewards are ONLY for you, so you can’t sell them.
-I have no more ideas.

ANet simply DOESN’T allow anyone to earn any gold. You CAN’T make gold in GW2 – you can make copper or silver (which you will lose for waypoints/repairs). TP taxes dramatically decreases your profit.

Well, you think that I don’t know what I am talking about? So here’s what I am doing, and I get around 1g per day (a bit less). Now I have 4g, and I had max 10g, because I sold all my crafting mats. I want one, expensive weapon, but I’d need at least 50gold lol…
-I vendor every blue/green weapons/armors and salvage whites (sell mats),
-farm, farm, farm, farm trees/ores/plants like mad (and kill hordes of zombies in the Orr – you want or not, you have to deal with them).
-I save my money by teleporting to LA by the Hearth of The Mists teleporter,
-sell every mats,
-I tried to salvage rares (crafted by myself or bought from TP) for ectos…not worth effort,
-I tried to put 4 rares in the Mystic Forge hoping for exotic…I succeed few times, but it’s waste of gold anyway.

I already tried playing TP, but it’s not worth effort. Mats needed for X item are almost as expensive and just X item, and of course 15% tax eats your profit. Buy low, sell high? then someone undercuts your by 1c and you lose money for typing your item on the TP.

I am nearly depressed when I see people with Commander, which costs…. 100g! Here WAS NO other way to get 100g+ than exploits… some people were lucky/smart and bought butter before Butter Crisis and made huge profit. But I can’t see the future.

What about changing Gifts, needed for legendarys, to non-soulbound? So you can farm mats needed for Gift and sell it?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Novalight.7568

Novalight.7568

Just want to comment on the commander statement:
Our guild of around (at the time) 40-ish active people managed to get that icon in few days after the launch. It’s like 2 gold per person, some gave less and some gave more. People didn’t buy their manuals and saved wherever they could, so please, don’t put us all in the same boat as the ones that exploited it.
Ty.

“GW2 takes everything you love about GW1” – M. O’Brien
“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“The most important thing in any game should be the player” – R. Soesbee

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Of all things I do miss selling Z Keys from Fort Aspenwood PvP. Well, I also miss FA in general too, but It was my main source of income in GW1. There’s no profit gained from arena pvp here. :<

Commanders gain their gold mainly from their Guild donating gold to them. Which is fine cuz it’s pretty much like a vote system if there’s 50-100 loyal people who want that person to be a Commander.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KitaYumi.7048

KitaYumi.7048

It really is not that hard to earn gold. I spend two weeks doing events, selling the blues and salvaging the yellows, and I got 100gold. Sure, the salvaging is a bit of a gamble, but you can just as well sell the yellows and probably gain around the same amount of gold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

lejean.9615

Well then, sorry about Commander issue :P

KitaYumi, you made 100g? You must have played loong time every day… I can play around 4hours per day, and I will play less soon (studying). So I am not hardcore farmer. 100g in 2 weeks… impossible. I am selling blues, like you. I was salvaging every rare drop I got and sold ectos, like you… and now I have 10g. Got 2g from 100% map. For 100g I’d have to create new character and max high lvl maps to 100%…

For gold, you need to farm very very hard, be lucky… or exploit and be banned :P I really want some cool weapons, but I am poor

I see everywhere people talking about playing TP, and that they get at least 2g or more just by playing TP. Nice joke…

edit: by the way, I need many ectos for that weapon, so I sell them rarely..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

“edit: by the way, I need many ectos for that weapon, so I sell them rarely..”

This is a clue. If you sell what people want, you’ll make money. If you sell ectos, you won’t have ectos but you’ll have gold. Your choice.

Look at what’s valued. Get it. Sell it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

lejean.9615

It’s endless circle, dead zone. I buy rares. Salvage them. 0-3 ectos. I need much more ectos! So I sell ecto and get more gold for more rares, which will give ecto, then sell ecto, buy rares, salvage, sell ecto, buy rares etc…

Srsly, market is ruined, because almost every item is soulbound/account bound xD

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mario Lemieux.9107

Mario Lemieux.9107

I agree with the gifts.

But why cant it be like GW1?

Because….it’s GW2. Otherwise they would’ve called it Guild Wars 1.1

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

It’s worth remembering that we are only 1 month after release. 1 month after they released the GW1 prophecies campaign, the majority of the things in that list were not a part of that game yet. Just like GW2 they spent time ensuring everything was running correctly, before adding additional content.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

in Black Lion Trading Co

lejean.9615

So….let Anet make legendary Gifts as non-soulbound…if Dusks etc. aren’t, so why Gifts Can’t be.100% world map=gift of exploration… but what if I dont want legendary? Then i could sell gifts I dont need, and buy other weapon from gold earned by selling gift.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

Also don’t forget that almost all the things you listed, the gold came from other players. That gold had to get into the economy somehow, and there were very few gold sinks to remove it.

GW2 has more gold sinks because gold sinks make for better economy. That’s the reason they don’t just let you buy gold. You buy gems and sell them to other players who have gold but don’t want to spend $$.

Give the economy time to inflate. Naturally it will because people won’t stop farming, they won’t stop harvesting, they won’t stop questing and they won’t stop vendoring.

in Black Lion Trading Co

lejean.9615

So, sources of the gold are:
-events,
-selling loot,
-hearths,
-rich=gems.

Those are usually weak sources of gold, as you have to farm 50 events, do 30 hearths just for “few silver”… Unless someone is so rich, that he can spend 400$ for huge amount of the gold.

By the way, I want FREEDOM OF ITEMS, like in GW1. Here’s my another suggestion:
-let’s make dungeon weapons as Binds when equipped, not soulbound. It will be like in GW1 – you use that item, or sell it. And armor, as in GW1, will be of course soulbound (only tokens are acc bound, so you can stack them from few characters).