Why can't we have costume makers?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

In original Guild Wars, there were Costume Makers.

When you bought a costume, you will have it forever. You could delete it, and then go to a Costume Maker NPC, and he would give you the costume back again, for free, on all characters.

Why, ArenaNet, do you take such a huge step backwards, that we must store our costumes in our bank or bags, to force us to buy gems (either with gold, or real life money), to buy more bank slots, when you can add that Costume Maker?

I can understand the Primeval Armor Skins, and such, but normal costumes, no.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Because this isnt guild wars 1? IF you want to go play guild wars 1, I hear it still up.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Because this isnt guild wars 1? IF you want to go play guild wars 1, I hear it still up.

Worst possible ‘answer’ ever.

Of course this isn’t Guild Wars 1, this game is Guild Wars 2.

Oh, did you notice? They got a very similar name, but the games plays out totally different.

The Costume Makers in Guild Wars 1 was a good thing. It wasn’t a gameplay mechanic, it wasn’t something that was really needed either.

But it was a great service, to be able to have a Costume Maker there, to not have your costumes takk all your bank and bag space.

ArenaNet created Guild Wars 1, and now they have taken a huge step backwards with this kind of feature to.

I can see in your other posts how you write ‘’Guild Wars 2 isn’t xxxx game.‘’ Of course Guild Wars 2 is not like other games, but that doesn’t mean it should miss out on great features.

(edited by Farzo.8410)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Costume Maker NPCs please, kind Anet. Thank you very much. =))

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: raxx.8914

raxx.8914

Who cares when you can’t wear the costumes in combat, the makers of this game have lost touch with the player base i feel. The game has ncsoft influence all over it and the west hates the easts mmo’s.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Witch of Doom.5739

Witch of Doom.5739

I bought a few costumes in GW because I liked them and because I knew any of my characters could wear them at any time. I haven’t bought a thing in GW2 yet because of so many things being character-bound, the most obvious being dye. When more things are account-bound and not so limited to just one char, I might buy them.

And yes, I know GW2 is not GW. Just saying that if ANet wants my money — and believe me, I spend plenty on games — it has to be a more attractive and less restrictive prospect.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sousuke.7268

Sousuke.7268

The costume system in GW1 was amazingly well thought out. I believe this suggestion was also made already – I really hope they listen and change this.

I am also among those who purchased a few costumes in GW1 (4 in total), yet I have no desire to do so in the second game. You get only one costume set, that you have to store in the bank? And you can only wear them as town clothing? No thanks.

Same applies to armor skins.

Make this more attractive anet, and you shall have my money.