Why don't gemstore mini's..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Count for the miniature collector achievement? There’s really no reason not to.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Count for the miniature collector achievement? There’s really no reason not to.

Wouldn’t be fair to those who don’t buy gems? Gem store items shouldn’t affect world completion or combat or achievements. That would literally be pay to win, even if the “win” is minuscule and just a profile aesthetic.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Black Lion Trading Co

Gasoline.2570

You can transfer gold to gems and gems to gold. And the minis only come from the gem store 3-pack.

It’s already pay2win no matter how you look at it if you really wanna get into it like that.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

You can transfer gold to gems and gems to gold. And the minis only come from the gem store 3-pack.

It’s already pay2win no matter how you look at it if you really wanna get into it like that.

okay, how is getting an achievement you don’t need “pay to win” -_-
I never needed to use real life money for anything in guild wars. Gold is enough.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Gasoline.2570

okay, how is getting an achievement you don’t need “pay to win” -_-

You have a point there. It’s not lol.

It’s the same as emperor achievement. It’s all about how wealthy you are.

I don’t understand why the gem store minis dont count for the original number of the mini collector achievement since they all still cost money. Whether it’s the old minis or new gem store ones. It’s money anyway.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I thought the only way to get the minis that count toward the achievement was in the Gem store. Is there another way to get them? (Except for the Balthazar one.)

As for the special minis, I would guess they do not count as their number is continually increasing, so where would the end of the achievement lie? Does it keep moving up? Will we ever have them all? Just something to consider….

in Black Lion Trading Co

Gasoline.2570

I thought the only way to get the minis that count toward the achievement was in the Gem store. Is there another way to get them? (Except for the Balthazar one.)

As for the special minis, I would guess they do not count as their number is continually increasing, so where would the end of the achievement lie? Does it keep moving up? Will we ever have them all? Just something to consider….

1. Nope.

2. I’m just saying add all the minis TOWARD the original achievement. It doesn’t matter if you go above the max limit, just would be nice if the minis counted toward the original achievement limit.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

To stop people from saying Anet is greedy. lol

in Black Lion Trading Co

Gasoline.2570

? They are already greedy by forcing you to get insane amounts of those mini packs or spending straight up 1000g for the exotic minis. Having new minis count up for it would be a good alternative.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zeebok.1460

Zeebok.1460

Because the gem store minis are limited time only items. A player starting today could never get the ones from last Halloween and and thus could never get the achievement.

Even if you could buy they from the TP, there is not guarantee that there would be supply from players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Because the gem store minis are limited time only items. A player starting today could never get the ones from last Halloween and and thus could never get the achievement.

Even if you could buy they from the TP, there is not guarantee that there would be supply from players.

They can keep the cap the same. The new mini’s would just replace the need to have all the other ones.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Gasoline.2570

So, honestly, why not?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I would say because they have learned from GW1.
In GW1 every single mini was trade-able.
There were a few very rare minis (like 5 or so of one kind that existed in the whole game) and those more or less kittened up the whole economy because of their ridiculous value.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Gasoline.2570

I would say because they have learned from GW1.
In GW1 every single mini was trade-able.
There were a few very rare minis (like 5 or so of one kind that existed in the whole game) and those more or less kittened up the whole economy because of their ridiculous value.

You are frogetting gem store minis aren’t tradeable.

We already have ridiciously overpriced exotic tradeable minis which make this achievement a kitten to get. At least this way they promote their gem store minis with a little bit more value to us.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brave Sir Ryan.1240

Brave Sir Ryan.1240

There’s a pretty obvious problem with those minis counting: 80% of the cost (or more) of Miniature Collector comes from exotic minis that you would no longer need. The cheapest 49 minis are far less expensive than those last 5. Replacing 150g+ minis with ones that cost 10g would crush those and trivialize the achievement.

That aside, ANet has incentive not to do this. It would also crush the value of all rare and exotic minis, making the mini pack a worse buy than it already is…so less incentive for people to buy them. What motivation do they have for that?

They already know people will buy time limited stuff, title or not.

(edited by Brave Sir Ryan.1240)