Why is cloth tanking?

Why is cloth tanking?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

All cloth including linen, wool, and gossamer have fallen since patch. Was there just overspeculation/hoarding or is there something about the patch that makes them less important than wood/ore for the ascended weapons patch? Haven’t been able to log in yet so I don’t know.

A related question would be, what are the requirements to make bolt of damask and how much of it do you need to craft ascended armor?

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Why is cloth tanking?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

People hoarded, price has peaked? People are now unloading. More on the market, means cheaper product.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Why is cloth tanking?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Ok good, it’s not as catastrophic as I thought. I’ll just wait for prices to stabilize in a few days.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Why is cloth tanking?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

There were literally millions of these, and people spent a lot of money investing in them for months. These are heavily, heavily speculated, and the dump is them selling while they can before the crash. Basically, what you’re seeing is a bunch of people making hundreds of gold. The demand is still there, and they’ll stabilize to somewhere in the middle in time.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Why is cloth tanking?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

So are prices on these mats likely to rise again over the next few days, after the initial dumping of hoarded goods people were speculating on? Or would you all expect them to just keep spiraling downwards?

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Why is cloth tanking?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

That depends entirely on just how much dumping is happening and how much supply people have in reserve. That said, the demand for ascended armor will certainly keep these items valuable for the foreseeable future.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Why is cloth tanking?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I haven’t seen the numbers but with 6 armor pieces, bolts of damask are going to be in high demand. Anything that goes into them should have a fairly steady price after the initial weirdness due to market speculation. I’m waiting to craft my armor until that happens, personally.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Why is cloth tanking?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

they will go up as people buy them to craft ascended. give it time.

Why is cloth tanking?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Love it that quartz tanked.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Why is cloth tanking?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

We’ll see in about 4 hours if the supply can keep up with the demand. I suspect they are bottomed out now and will slowly rise over the next day or so. Not sure what the end price will be. Probably around what it was yesterday if I had to guess.

Why is cloth tanking?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mursumaine.8730

Mursumaine.8730

Yesterday you wore exotic armor that was worth 4g a piece. (4g x 6 = 30g). Today you are considered poor with same armor that is worth (50s x 6 = 3g).

So does the world of chaos work.
Patches are always like this. Bring a storm among us.

Why is cloth tanking?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I doubt it will go much higher.. before people started stock piling is was so cheap.. now they have no reason to horde it.

Why is cloth tanking?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

Love it that quartz tanked.

(Sadface)

I’d just listed the rest of my quartz at 3.50ish yesterday to clear some inventory.

Glad I’d offloaded a tonne of it on the way up, but still hurts.

Why is cloth tanking?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Okay, gossamer prices have been dropping all afternoon, which means that everybody is waiting for it to hit rock bottom, so they can buy low. Which means that the players who own the gossamer are saying, "Hey, we’re losing all our kitten money, and Christmas is around the corner, and I ain’t gonna have no gold to craft my ascended armor! So they’re panicking right now, they’re screaming “SELL! SELL!” to get out before the price keeps dropping. They’re panicking out there right now, I can feel it.

Apologies to the screenwriters of Trading Places.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Why is cloth tanking?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Have you looked at the actual stat differences? Ascended Armor might as well be cosmetic – two of the pieces give a total of 6 extra stat points. Two give a total of 9.

There is very, very little reason to chase after them unless you like the looks or literally have nothing better to do with hundreds of gold.

No need to rush. REALLY.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Why is cloth tanking?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Looks like a combination of too many people stockpiling cloth prior to the update, combined with people looking at Ascended armor stats and deciding the cost isn’t worth it for such a minor increase in stats.

Doesn’t matter to me, as I’m not going to be going for Ascended armor for a long, long time yet.

Why is cloth tanking?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

i saw it coming for months now

and reasons why:

- in first weeks after weapon patch there was threads talking bout armorpatch and how much money ppl can make with transmuting bolt of silk to gossamer …. since this time silk and dust was never old price anymore and cleary showed everyone and there dog is transmuting and this brings a lot bolt of gossamer to the market
- for MONTHS everyone know the recipes from Weapon crafting and know from his own experience how it works, what he need, how much time it need and so on and noone sold the materials they found anymore …. everyone know this will be needed soon
- a lot players got surprised with weaponpatch and the work they have to do to farm what is needed and most thought …. next time they will do it better^^
- bolt of damask is gatet and very expensive in tp and need 3 per insignia + some per item so people take there time
- LUCK > all – everyone and there dog salvage everything for magicfind so everyone has atleast 1-2 stacks in there bank per gossamer or leather just from salavage
- toooo much threads in forum or websites bout how high the price will go, when too much speculants than not enough profit

… only some pointsz …

but still i have to say thx to all you guyz who buyd 150k Jutescraps, 100k Woolscrap,50k cotton + Linen scraps, 10k Gossamer Scraps, 30 stack Bolt of Gossamer, 15 stack Orichalchum Ore, 2-3 stacks per t6 material, all Leather, and a lot more 1 Week ago to 30-50% profit on everything to make profit on patchday^^

(edited by Romek.4201)

Why is cloth tanking?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

All cloth including linen, wool, and gossamer have fallen since patch. Was there just overspeculation/hoarding or is there something about the patch that makes them less important than wood/ore for the ascended weapons patch? Haven’t been able to log in yet so I don’t know.

A related question would be, what are the requirements to make bolt of damask and how much of it do you need to craft ascended armor?

This is commonly what happens when there is a month+ gap between weapons and armor and everyone has plenty of time to stockpile up because they KNOW its going to come out. I knew this was going to happen a long long time ago and highly doubted the prices would go up anymore than they already have. Next time dump 1-2 weeks early and don’t be greedy. Those that hold for every copper tend to lose a gold. Other games i’ve played had the same “hoard” and “dump” effect. Those who dumped early made a profit, those who sold a few days before or on update – lost their kitten .

Why is cloth tanking?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Evilbeavers.3964

Evilbeavers.3964

Okay, gossamer prices have been dropping all afternoon, which means that everybody is waiting for it to hit rock bottom, so they can buy low. Which means that the players who own the gossamer are saying, "Hey, we’re losing all our kitten money, and Christmas is around the corner, and I ain’t gonna have no gold to craft my ascended armor! So they’re panicking right now, they’re screaming “SELL! SELL!” to get out before the price keeps dropping. They’re panicking out there right now, I can feel it.

+1 for you

Kiblet – War Nubs – [NUB]
Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle

Why is cloth tanking?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Without, “G.I. Joe with the Kung-f*u grip..”, this just isn’t as funny…..

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances