Why is the female Phalanx helmet so TERRIBLE?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Stormclaw.5031

Stormclaw.5031

I won’t bother complaining about how the female version of the armor has ridiculous gaps on the breasts/thighs because clearly Arenanet doesn’t intend to stop overly sexualizing our female characters, but for what purpose are females given that utterly ridiculous, trashy looking open helm when the male version is unquestionably so much more impressive? Having supported this game for a year I’m finding these sorts of letdowns continually disappointing.

Reference:
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/gw2-phalanx-heavy-armor-skin1.jpg
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/gw2-phalanx-heavy-armor-skin-male-2.jpg

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

The difference in many things can be put down to personal taste, but the choice between making ‘a solid chunk of metal armor’ versus ‘a sexy slice of metal across your naughty bits complete with high heels’ is a whole other issue, and actually has a lot to do with the choice between giving a warrior a full or open helm. I’m saying: the female armor here probably has an open helm because otherwise the rest of the open parts would seem that much more over the top.

(edited by Sitkaz.5463)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

always complaining bout everything

99% dont care for a helmet cause they dont even turn it on

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

in my year of playing gw2, i’ve always favored the female variants of armor skins. why? well, i favor females.

ahem.

that aside, this is the first time i’ve thought about using my makeover kit for a gender swap. the male phalanx armor is just that good. add cinders dye and it is nigh impossible to resist.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

I thought it was really weird to not give females the winged helmet. I was finally going to be able to finish my Valkyrie character. Why’d they change the helm for females? Pretty disappointing :/
The mohawk helm is nice, but I just really wanted a winged helm for her.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

If she had a fully enclosed helm then the rest of the outfit objectifies her more. It’s the proverbial bag over her head.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

I won’t bother complaining about how the female version of the armor has ridiculous gaps on the breasts/thighs because clearly Arenanet doesn’t intend to stop overly sexualizing our female characters, but for what purpose are females given that utterly ridiculous, trashy looking open helm when the male version is unquestionably so much more impressive? Having supported this game for a year I’m finding these sorts of letdowns continually disappointing.

Reference:
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/gw2-phalanx-heavy-armor-skin1.jpg
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/gw2-phalanx-heavy-armor-skin-male-2.jpg

I completely agree with almost everything. The helmet for the male is actually what the “picture” of the helmet depicts. As for the female..its a completely different helmet design altogether. Why change it for the female? The armor set is awesome on both genders and I feel the male version of the helmet would still look absolutely gorgeous on the female.
As for the idea of Anet over sexualizing females in this game, I disagree. Most heavy armor in this game covers the female and there is very limited gear that is considered “revealing” for the heavy class, (the other classes have more to work with). I have played multiple other games and in Tera for example, all the armor in general is close to naked. But then again most other games go by the general rule of thumb that the better the gear, the less there needs to be. This is the first armor piece that is a bit more “revealing” than most and I gladly welcome it. All I ask is that the helmet should be a universal design between the genders.

Säïnt

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

it can still be open but the wings need to be added and the pattern needs to be the same.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

The two versions don’t even look like they’re the same set. I would wear the male version on my female warrior long before I’d wear the female version. Except the boots, which are really nice, I must say.

The problem with the female version is that it doesn’t look like heavy armor at all. I like armors that reveal a reasonable amount of skin but it must still look like armor and that one doesn’t.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

I love the male helmet, the female helmet is really ugly though, so I just hide it. :/

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

My fiance loves her armor. People have different opinions.

RIP in peace Robert