Why make them temporary?

Why make them temporary?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Some of the content I can understand being temporary, what was the point in making sickle, axe and mining pick temporary content on BLT? I mean, those items would probably continue to bring in money for you as more players join the game and as those who were playing find themselves in better financial situations to purchase them.

It just struck me as… odd.

I would love to know the reasoning that gets put into why things are temporary and why they aren’t.

Why make them temporary?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I suppose they bring in more revenue this way because people think “it’s temporary? I have to get it like right now! No time to collect gold for it, let’s spend money and get it right now!”
Though I do agree that it shouldn’t be temporary.

Why make them temporary?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Piteous.4165

Piteous.4165

So they can bring it back again, ’Back by Popular demand for a Limited Time", see we do listen to our customers.

Blackgate
Stay frosty! Keep it tight!

Why make them temporary?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Same reason why you have sales in retail?

To push demand

Encouraging limited-time sales encourages those who are on the edge of purchasing to go ahead and purchase it.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Why make them temporary?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

These items are a convenience for players who don’t want to manage inventory for these items. And, they support Anet and fund future development. Convenience and profit should not be a temporary in the game. Please bring these back as permanent items in the store. As it is, I only have one character with a complete set and I would like to get these for all my characters over time.

Why make them temporary?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

I suspect the tools are temporary so that ANet can continue to release new kinds of permanent gathering tools (i.e. with different gathering effects) so that people who are really into customization can go crazy.

Besides, as has already been said, temporary doesn’t mean they’ll never be available again.

Why make them temporary?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Really? You don’t know why? Just think about it from a business standpoint.

RIP in peace Robert

Why make them temporary?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: rivurivurivurivu.3041

rivurivurivurivu.3041

so they will eventually be available again someday right ? soon ? i mean i want to buy that dam mining pick asap.

Why make them temporary?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

so they will eventually be available again someday right ? soon ? i mean i want to buy that dam mining pick asap.

Two months from now: “Missed your chance for unlimited tools? No fear! Get all 3 in a pack for 3K gems!” or “Missed your chance for unlimited tools? Buy this super cool new chest which has a very super duper rare chance of obtaining an unlimited-used tool”

RIP in peace Robert

Why make them temporary?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

See: McRibs and Beefy Crunch Burritos, and their popularity.

Why make them temporary?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

New in the gem store: Beefy Crunch Burritos!

Why make them temporary?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

it is an artificial way to create a constraint on supply

Why make them temporary?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Marketing psychology. People are less likely to put of a purchase of something they are considering to buy if the item is available (or on sale) for a limited time. It’s all about getting them to pull the purchase trigger now.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Why make them temporary?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sesmovedon.2694

Sesmovedon.2694

I missed the pick and the sickle. I would buy a bundle with all three gathering items. Just saying.

Why make them temporary?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Yep they forgot to add the mandatory..

50% sale off!
(previously 1600 gems) NOW 800!

^^