Why no buy orders over 250?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FInN.7219

FInN.7219

I need 100,000+ Zhaitaffy so I will need to place 400 buy orders and will take me 6 weeks to so. Is there any other way to place larger orders? :s

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

It takes literally 3 seconds to make a buy order… and you can make more than one at a time for the same item… but I hope you’re not buying them to trade for the wings since those are like 4g on the tp

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

Because 250 Is Anet’s Favorite Number.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

in Black Lion Trading Co

FInN.7219

It takes literally 3 seconds to make a buy order… and you can make more than one at a time for the same item… but I hope you’re not buying them to trade for the wings since those are like 4g on the tp

I don’t mind the clicking its just how I have to put in the amount I want to buy and the price every time, I wish it would remember it untill you closed the TP window so I can just spam “Place Order” and no I don’t want it for wings…its for the food buffs.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

cause 250 is the maximum stack size for any one item. why you cant order 1000 and have the TP automatically split it up into four stacks of 250 is not understood by me

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Their backend even limits you, so you can’t even make a direct request above 250. Not sure why they would limit it like that, since placing an order for 1000 items is easier to process than 4x 250. The only actual reason I can see for limiting it is to give everyone a chance, so that 1 person doesn’t have an entire chunk to themselves. This allows other people to place their orders in between the person that is placing multiple orders, for an actively traded item of course.

Unlike selling, buy orders aren’t throttled and can be placed outside of the game. By browsing the trading post through <insert web browser> using the game’s session key, you can easily run a simple script to place multiple buy orders instantly.

(edited by Healix.5819)

in Black Lion Trading Co

FInN.7219

Their backend even limits you, so you can’t even make a direct request above 250. Not sure why they would limit it like that, since placing an order for 1000 items is easier to process than 4x 250. The only actual reason I can see for limiting it is to give everyone a chance, so that 1 person doesn’t have an entire chunk to themselves. This allows other people to place their orders in between the person that is placing multiple orders, for an actively traded item of course.

Unlike selling, buy orders aren’t throttled and can be placed outside of the game. By browsing the trading post through <insert web browser> using the game’s session key, you can easily run a simple script to place multiple buy orders instantly.

Or buy and sell with a Smart Phone hehe

What if you could ~

Image didn’t seem to work but noticed it while quoting, how does it show like that?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

how does it show like that?

It doesn’t. <insert conspiracy>.