Why were the Set I minis taken away?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: hannie.8963

hannie.8963

It’s just such a jerk move!
There is seriously NO positive point about taking the Set I minis out of the gem store. Why did they have to go? Because you released a new set??
There’s room enough for both sets in the Minis tab!

Sorry, I’m just really annoyed by this. I understand the whole limited exclusive minis like the SAB ones, but Set I has a title track attached to it. Why take them away?!?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Blame Pixel-Kitten.

That would never have happened with Evon on the Council.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

It’s just such a jerk move!
There is seriously NO positive point about taking the Set I minis out of the gem store. Why did they have to go? Because you released a new set??
There’s room enough for both sets in the Minis tab!

Sorry, I’m just really annoyed by this. I understand the whole limited exclusive minis like the SAB ones, but Set I has a title track attached to it. Why take them away?!?

You answered your own question

“I understand the whole limited exclusive minis”

Set 1 is now exclusive. And it’s meant to keep the mini market from being diluted and introducing some value to those first set of minis.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It’s not like they didn’t give you a month to finish out your collection.

Reason? Who knows? Probably the sales of Set 1 were significantly down and by announcing the removal a month ago would 1) stir one last round of sales; 2) make them into more of a TP rare item than ever before; and when they come back for a limited time sales should be quite high.

Always remember the game needs gems bought with cash to stay alive. Best way to do that is to offer highly desirable items for a limited time at prices where most buyers don’t have the gold to convert into gems and therefore must spend cash.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by business.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I totally support your position, OP. (Even though I’m not a mini collector myself.) That said, Set 1 minis can apparently still be obtained via the Mystic Forge, and can still be sold on the TP, if you need to complete your collection, it can still be done.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: waldie.6015

waldie.6015

remember the minipet exploit? and the fact, that the minipets (exos) with 300g+ …?
does that mean that exploiting is always usefull and not bannable in gw2? seems to be so..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

remember the minipet exploit? and the fact, that the minipets (exos) with 300g+ …?
does that mean that exploiting is always usefull and not bannable in gw2? seems to be so..

I don’t recall there ever being a minipet exploit. So if there was one, they did a good job at hiding it.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I don’t recall there ever being a minipet exploit. So if there was one, they did a good job at hiding it.

Not much of an exploit but an oversight. The Mini Holographic Risen Knight was a rare Mini when it got introduced during Dragon Bash. As it was forgable and pretty cheap (under 1G) people got alot of exotic minis putting those into the mf.

After a day or 2 they changed its rarity to masterwork.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.