Wizard's Hat

Wizard's Hat

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

Since alot of different items are making their return to the gemstore…

Can we get a chance to get this wizard hat again? It was from Wintersday 2012, but I missed it… Since we can wear hats in PvP too, I’d love to wear one!

So sad that I’ve missed it :’(

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

Wizard's Hat

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

asked for this before the wardrobe was even released, i dunno why but i have yet to see the wizards had and rox’s quiver return…..the rest already did…..

Wizard's Hat

in Black Lion Trading Co

Quincy.2198

Rox quiver had it though! But we can wear hats now in PvP.. It’d be very great to have another chance getting the hat…

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

Wizard's Hat

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I agree, I’d love to see the wizards hat return, its so cute on asura with the little ears covered

Wizard's Hat

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Its not a gem store item,but maybe they will add it next Wintersday again

Wizard's Hat

in Black Lion Trading Co

Quincy.2198

Its not a gem store item,but maybe they will add it next Wintersday again

Yeah, I hope so…

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

Wizard's Hat

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

I’d sell you my hat for 100g but this aint TF2.

Attachments:

(edited by Phoenixfudge.5290)

Wizard's Hat

in Black Lion Trading Co

Quincy.2198

I’d sell you my hat for 100g but this aint TF2.

Fml

I’d actually pay for it yes

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

Wizard's Hat

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

It.. costed 0 gems. Something tells me the Wizard’kitten was meant to be a one time gift, a holiday hat to those who played during Wintersday.

So I have to disagree, holiday hats should be exclusive to those who played during the holidays or at least logged in to accept them from the gemstore during that time. LS season 1 rewards were thrown out of that pile, sure, but the miniature candy elemental and the mask of the night were part of the LS since Anet decided to mix holidays and living story content together at that time, which they quickly changed their minds on for season 2.

Wizard's Hat

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

asked for this before the wardrobe was even released, i dunno why but i have yet to see the wizards had and rox’s quiver return…..the rest already did…..

rox’s quiver is probably the gemstore skin that have had most returns :P

Wizard's Hat

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

It.. costed 0 gems. Something tells me the Wizard’kitten was meant to be a one time gift, a holiday hat to those who played during Wintersday.

So I have to disagree, holiday hats should be exclusive to those who played during the holidays or at least logged in to accept them from the gemstore during that time. LS season 1 rewards were thrown out of that pile, sure, but the miniature candy elemental and the mask of the night were part of the LS since Anet decided to mix holidays and living story content together at that time, which they quickly changed their minds on for season 2.

And let me guess .. You got your free hat right ?
Lots of people who would love to get it aswell.
No reason not to put it back.

Wizard's Hat

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i had the hat, in your logic i should get it back since i already had the hat…….still nothing.
the reason why i deleted it is because the wardrobe was nowhere near known, we still had nothing more then town clothing and since i never used that and we could not use it in battle, it was only taking space.

Wizard's Hat

in Black Lion Trading Co

Quincy.2198

I do not see why hats should be given out for once.. And with recent updates, like wearing it in combat, people that do not have one, would love to get one

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

Wizard's Hat

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

They were given out for free right after 2012 Halloween ended. Idk where everyone is getting the idea it was from Wintersday…

Idc really if they put it out. More variety to those who want it! But!! Help us petition to make it dyeable if they do make it available again.

Edit for more useless history on the hat:
Right after launch, there was a free gw2 celebration hat. Skip a couple of months and Halloween drops by. GW2 now has a promotion where if you buy the game during x period (before Halloween 2012 happened) you will get an exclusive Wizard hat.
Well the forum posters weren’t happy and they complained, so Anet caved in and we got free wizard hats. They gave it away around the end of Halloween through out like end of December ??
So it wasn’t really a Wintersday hat, just some promotion thing that was supposed to be more exclusive than it is today.

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

(edited by LumAnth.5124)

Wizard's Hat

in Black Lion Trading Co

Quincy.2198

Well, they should create more hats.. And just put the wizzy hat back into the gemstore for once

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

Wizard's Hat

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mithamlug.7584

Mithamlug.7584

lol so this hat is Gandalf’kitten (the description even references The Hobbit: "From dragons to unexpected parties, this hat’s wide brim is ready for anything. ")
Since I’m a crazy Lord of the Rings fan, I sent a written plea to ArenaNet (personal info blacked out for privacy) to try and humor my way to a Wizard’kitten. If this fails, then there’s probably no way anyone can ever get one again and I’ll just go sulk in a corner :p

Note: I suck at writing, but it’s the thought that counts right? hah

Attachments:

Wizard's Hat

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

i had the hat, in your logic i should get it back since i already had the hat…….still nothing.
the reason why i deleted it is because the wardrobe was nowhere near known, we still had nothing more then town clothing and since i never used that and we could not use it in battle, it was only taking space.

If you actually had the hat at one time, I strongly recommend you contact support.
https://help.guildwars2.com/anonymous_requests/new

I am almost positive that they have, mostly, been able to “recover” skins that people deleted before the introduction of the wardrobe. Good luck.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Wizard's Hat

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: megakittytron.5971

megakittytron.5971

The Wizard’kitten was given out to honor the 2012 release of “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey”. It’s supposed to resemble Gandalf the Grey’kitten. Hopefully, with the last installment of that movie coming out soon, newer players will have a chance to obtain it as well. The hat is so cute on my little Asura, but it’s not dyable=(