Would gem price continue to soar?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: eUpHorIa.9123

eUpHorIa.9123

Hi everyone, i would like to ask for opinions regarding gem price. I know that gem price is still increasing, especially in special events like wintersday. Will the price continue to soar for the next few months? I feel that the price is going to be too expensive if it continue to increase that intensely.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

4gold for 100 gems in 2 months……

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Grizzly.2647

Grizzly.2647

it’s a player-driven economy.
How in the world do you expect anyone to answer this?

If anyone can answer this, please tell me if Apple or Google stock will be worth twice as much in February, and/or if they’ll split, so I know to buy now.

For the love of reason and logic, think before you ask.

Oh, and no, they’ll start plummeting next Thursday at 1:30 pm EST, and be worth 1 gold per thousand gems by Tuesday. I know this… I do!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

it’s a player-driven economy.
How in the world do you expect anyone to answer this?

It’s not purely player-driven. Anet decides on the mechanism of gem prices. They say that it is driven by player demand and we believe them, but they didn’t say how it is driven by that demand.

You probably saw that the gem prices didn’t went up for Wintersday. Maybe they change the way? You don’t know. I don’t know. But saying that the players define the price is not true.

Also… even if the price is driven by players, one can try to guess certain things (like: if there are less players in two months, the prices will go down).

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

if rising the gems price (in terms of gold ) will boost the gems sale (real money), i think anet might just keep the price up…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Drauger.2158

Drauger.2158

I guess ANET is still trying to find the gold/cash sweet point where people can buy gems for gold without any concerns. Imho they are still far away from it since I won’t spend 5$ for 5g80s.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

I don’t think gems bought enough gold before the holidays. If I’m going to spend real money for in game money I want a better rate than 100 gems < 1 g.

During the holidays it’s a much better deal. I’ve exchanged gems for gold several times. So maybe the lessen is to stock up on gold during events and sell gold during regular weeks.