back armor now can be salvaged...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

..and of course all types climbed fast in price. This makes me wonder…Do you think some people know about these changes before they got implemented?

Or changes just get discovered extremely fast and the market evolves accordingly ?

May be tin paper hat issue..but God, people get exploits, opportunities and certain profitable changes and makes you wonder….

(edited by nmoral.3876)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

It doesnt take much people to buy up supply of some items.
Before patch the were some green and blue traveler items on the TP that had more than 1000 listed at 1 copper over vendor price and no buy orders. I bought 1000 each of those, draining literally 99% of the supply and I could also see that i wasnt the only one doing that.

I had no inside infos. I just bought and relisted them for 5 silver each because i knew from the blog post that all items with mf stats on the tp will be returned to the seller after the patch. That way i lost some gold for the listing fees but didnt have 10k items blocking my trading post pickup for 2 days.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Some people do know about the changes before hand. There’s no question about it. Devs, QA, alpha testers and select people can all gain knowledge of changes beforehand. I can only imagine how much someone like Dulfy could have profited from knowing about, for example, the Zephyr boxes beforehand.

But when it comes to figuring something out, there’s millions of players, so it’s going to happen. In this case, someone was probably just buying cheap greens and accidentally bought a back item and tried anyways. After finding out they could be salvaged, they probably bought every single one. Since the trading post is global, it really only takes 1 player to buy everything, assuming sufficient funds.

in Black Lion Trading Co

nmoral.3876

yes, those kind of movements were announced, but this? back armor being salvaged it is not related with blog nor ascended crafting. I knew this was going to happen so i saved like 40 of them loooooong time ago in a bank-guild, but due to space issue i didnt buy more. Didnt know when they become salvageable (?) but i tried just after big 3rd Sept path and they werent. SO it was a veeeery recent change and market already reacted..so thats why i wonder how the hell people realize so fast of theses no announced changes

can you imagine the CRAZY profit for those who got them at 2 silver from TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

nmoral.3876

Some people do know about the changes before hand. There’s no question about it. Devs, QA, alpha testers and select people can all gain knowledge of changes beforehand. I can only imagine how much someone like Dulfy could have profited from knowing about, for example, the Zephyr boxes beforehand.

But when it comes to figuring something out, there’s millions of players, so it’s going to happen. In this case, someone was probably just buying cheap greens and accidentally bought a back item and tried anyways. After finding out they could be salvaged, they probably bought every single one. Since the trading post is global, it really only takes 1 player to buy everything, assuming sufficient funds.

yep i guess thats it, oh boy i always miss it by the skin of the teeth…meh at least i got some profit from those 40 stored…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

yes, those kind of movements were announced, but this? back armor being salvaged it is not related with blog nor ascended crafting. I knew this was going to happen so i saved like 40 of them loooooong time ago in a bank-guild, but due to space issue i didnt buy more. Didnt know when they become salvageable (?) but i tried just after big 3rd Sept path and they werent. SO it was a veeeery recent change and market already reacted..so thats why i wonder how the hell people realize so fast of theses no announced changes

can you imagine the CRAZY profit for those who got them at 2 silver from TP?

how much are they now?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

nmoral.3876

average? as you can imagine they stabilized at ecto prize, but in certain cases, and i can not explain why, they sell higher. I sold some at 2,50 gold (??) and others at 86 silver, and no, no jewel attached which explained that price
the 2,50g one was “corsé espinal del soldado”, in English it would be soldier spineguard i think

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

..and of course all types climbed fast in price. This makes me wonder…Do you think some people know about these changes before they got implemented?

Or changes just get discovered extremely fast and the market evolves accordingly ?

May be tin paper hat issue..but God, people get exploits, opportunities and certain profitable changes and makes you wonder….

Is that the first thing that pops into your mind?

It’s true, there are people that know changes before hand. MMO review/blog sites, devs, and even Dulfy know beforehand certain changes. They may take advantage of them. They may indirectly. It’s frowned upon to do this ‘insider trading’ but there is not much you can do about it.

That being said, I highly doubt this was the cause here. All it takes is 1 or 2 people to quickly take advantage of backpiece prices. Yellow backpieces are not in huge supply, so it would probably take a few hundred buy orders to reach the appropriate price of +30s. There’s nothing fishing going on here.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Is this an undocumented change? I don’t see anything about it.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

it is a stealth change, yes.
several people in my guild who are able to always be on when patches go live made killings off these. they spent the better part of 4 hours after patch buying and salvaging every single rare back item they could get their hands on for less than the price of ectos.

myself, I’m kicking myself a little for this, but just a little:
somewhere around february, I puchased about 6,000 Charred Back Warmers for 1s25c (1c above their merchant price), cost about 75g total. I also purchased about 1,000 various spineguards for 2s or less, cost about 20g. To store these, I decided to post them on the TP for 50s each, which cost about 175g (if I were to buy extra character slots, this would of cost FAR more. 100 characters, bags, a nightmare of shuffling items, yikes.)
The theory was that Anet had overlooked these and they should be salvageable and I only had to wait for the update that would make them thus. At the time, ectos were almost 40s, and the Warmers had a socket worth 30s (which is about 8s now). So if Anet made that change, I was looking at almost 4,000 gold after tax from a 270g investment. Today, it would be closer to 2,300 gold after tax.
Then they added exotic spineguards to karma merchants somewhere in april/may. karma items have never been salvageable. I was worried that they were planning to add these rare back items to karma merchants and that was the reason they weren’t salvageable. I kept sitting on my hoard. At the end of June, I was nearly finished with my first legendary, just needed the precursor, but I was basically broke. I had had enough, so I took them all off the TP and sold mostly to a merchant but also a bit to the TP (the price on them, expecially the spineguards, had gone up – many of the spineguards even sold at the 50s mark). I sold them for probably about 200g, finished my Kudzu, then sold it on the TP for 600g more than it cost me to make it, after tax. Since then, I’ve invested and multiplied my wealth to around 4,000g worth.
Do I wish I hadn’t offloaded them? yes. But I wouldn’t have as much as I do now if I didn’t, so it’s not all bad.

(edited by Mystic.5934)