farming nodes . Why Anet erasing them ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dan The Conqueror.6128

Dan The Conqueror.6128

hi guys ,
some time ago payed attention that many nodes I used to farm are gone .
for exmaple outside the Black Citadel in Ascalon allways grew there some plants that sudently desapeared .
Today wanted to farm some potatoes and i knew about the node in Wayfarer Foothills , even mentioned in Wiki .
Boom , the node desapeared .

I’m asking myself which are the real purposes of Anet of doing so low things ?

Thank you ,
Dan

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MasterKitty.8205

MasterKitty.8205

They still might’ve just changed the location, or yeah, they might’ve been removed. Either way, I suggest this link
http://gw2nodes.com/
It’s a community driven node location map. Might help you farm ^^

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

It’s part of the New Player Experience. Since information about gathering is only displayed at level 9 (at which point gathering nodes are also shown in the map), ANET has removed gathering nodes from very low level areas. They have also, with no good reason discernible by the player community, removed cooking ingredients from karma/heart merchants in those same low level areas.

Whether or not they had other/additional reasons for that change is currently unknown.

The Wayfarer Foothills potato farm was moved to Crossroads Haven in Halvaunt Snowfield, by the way.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AngelDiscarnate.5489

AngelDiscarnate.5489

Another good place for potatos is in Metrica’s Akk Wilds by Hrouda’s heart quest.

Sometimes, A-net thinks silly things, and does stuff without considering the full spectrum.
A bit annoying, I know.

I play Fort Aspenwood, I lead the 8 member guild, Sacred Storm [Strm] I am Jason Goes Mental.
I don’t raid, I barely fractal, and I suck beyond words at PvP and WvW.
But I try, and that’s what counts.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I used to farm the low level Ascalon area for chili peppers, which are hard enough to find without removing nodes for them. They are a low level item that’s currently almost 27 silver as demand is way higher than supply.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nachtnyx.7860

nachtnyx.7860

It’s part of the New Player Experience. Since information about gathering is only displayed at level 9 (at which point gathering nodes are also shown in the map), ANET has removed gathering nodes from very low level areas. They have also, with no good reason discernible by the player community, removed cooking ingredients from karma/heart merchants in those same low level areas.

Whether or not they had other/additional reasons for that change is currently unknown.

The Wayfarer Foothills potato farm was moved to Crossroads Haven in Halvaunt Snowfield, by the way.

Actually, the relocated potato farm in Wayfarer has completely been removed as of Tuesday’s patch. At first I thought perhaps the bug was back where farms weren’t resetting properly (the lettuce farm in Queensdale would reset for me maybe once a week if I was lucky) but the nodes aren’t even there anymore. Several in my guild have also reported being unable to find potatoes anywhere in Wayfarer. So it would seem that we are down to one potato farm, and whatever handful of nodes there are in WvW. :/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

There was a very large and abrupt drop in supply on August 28 and 29th. But the change in the nodes didn’t come around till Sept 9th, iirc. I wonder what caused that?

https://www.gw2tp.com/item/12135-potato

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

That was market speculators that had heard that potatoes had been removed completely from the Chinese version, and wanted to gouge their fellow players by buying up the existing stocks and reselling them at a higher rate.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

Actually, the relocated potato farm in Wayfarer has completely been removed as of Tuesday’s patch. […] So it would seem that we are down to one potato farm, and whatever handful of nodes there are in WvW. :/

:-( Which one? Without the Wayfarer farm, there should be two, one in Plains of Ashford and one in Metrica Province. Or so the wiki still claims.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JBDanger.2603

JBDanger.2603

Potatoes are too confusing for many new players thus they have been removed. All of the possibilities to do with a potato are overwhelming. You can mash them, bake them, fry them…

Use them as a halloween costume and shove it down your pants… Then that would make you a dictator. The possibilities are endless and new players brains go into overdrive trying to grasp this concept.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

“You have to appreciate the simpler things in life.”
“I’m Irish, what’s simpler than a potato?”