flame&frost dyes, get em now or wait?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jiro.6589

Jiro.6589

Hey everyone
I was wondering if the flame and frost dyes are going to get reintroduced at some point, because they are quite pricey at the moment.
Basically; should i buy now or wait for reintroducement if there is any on the way?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Hey everyone
I was wondering if the flame and frost dyes are going to get reintroduced at some point, because they are quite pricey at the moment.
Basically; should i buy now or wait for reintroducement if there is any on the way?

There is no guarantee that they will be re-introduced. I could really only see the price going up.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Until thy become available again and the price crashes magnificently. Or they add other colors and people find a better fit amongst those and the demand evaporates and the price crashes magnificently.

Personally I’d like to see a truly appallingly long and expensive cooking recipe to produce a F&F dye pack (which more often than not spits out a normal color when opened). Something that takes 1,000 mats or more to create.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

Has there ever been items introduced into the game that were only available for a limited time, and yet to be reintroduced? If the answer is yes, then why wouldn’t the same be true of the F&F dyes?

If for some reason they decide to reintroduce the dyes they should wait a very long time knowing that players have put a lot of gold into these dyes as an investment based on how they marketed the dyes in the Gem Store.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

in Black Lion Trading Co

Nike.2631

Schemes to squeeze gold out of other players is not something that needs a hell of a lot of protection IMO . Buying stuff as an investment is as much gambling as opening the kits in the first place was. The should not be ‘sure bets’, ever. Sound bets, yes, sure bets, uh uh. Agent Smith sides with stability, so it won’t be nearly as magnificent as its should/could be, but there’s simply zero reason to think the basic accessibility of any digital asset is gone forever.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aurelian Omenkind.2470

Aurelian Omenkind.2470

Has there ever been items introduced into the game that were only available for a limited time, and yet to be reintroduced? If the answer is yes, then why wouldn’t the same be true of the F&F dyes?

If for some reason they decide to reintroduce the dyes they should wait a very long time knowing that players have put a lot of gold into these dyes as an investment based on how they marketed the dyes in the Gem Store.

There’s no indication that items related to one-time limited-time content will ever be reintroduced. There DOES seem to be indications that holiday-style limited-time content may come around again next year, either as a reintroduction (i.e. candy corn), with improvements (SAB), or added themed content (new recipes, expanded special drops, etc.).

It’s possible, though, that similar items — renamed clones, so to speak — could be introduced. I kind of expect that with the infinite harvesting tools. And there are really only so many colors that can be introduced for dyes. I’m personally hoping for dyes in the future that have a luminescent or chrome appearance, or that add texture/detail to areas of your armor.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

Schemes to squeeze gold out of other players is not something that needs a hell of a lot of protection IMO . Buying stuff as an investment is as much gambling as opening the kits in the first place was. The should not be ‘sure bets’, ever. Sound bets, yes, sure bets, uh uh. Agent Smith sides with stability, so it won’t be nearly as magnificent as its should/could be, but there’s simply zero reason to think the basic accessibility of any digital asset is gone forever.

Its not a scheme to squeeze other players. Anyone had the option to purchase these dyes just as I did when they were available in the Gem Store and in the TP for far less gold.

Knowing that they were going out of the Gem Store and would be limited in their availability I knew that market forces would drive the prices up for me and I could make a profit from this investment.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MakersMark.8420

MakersMark.8420

I sure hope they reintroduce them so the ones buying them up then trying to sell them for 120g+ take a huge hit. That would be hilarious.

At this point no one is buying the dyes to actually use them, that’s pretty clear which is a shame because having all of them (and more saved) they are some of the best dyes in game, if not the best.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Wrong. People are almost certainly still buying them for use. I bought one a few days ago for my main and am buying another for an alt today since I know this may be the last chance. Many other people who may have bought different varieties of FF dyes a month ago may be trying to add missing colors to their collection at this point before it is too late. It is really amazing how much that new bl trading post preview can get you drooling at the different possible dye combos.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

You should probably buy them now. They’re only going to go up. People like to imagine them being reintroduced, but like many things from the past (here, in other games, and in reality), they’re gone.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

If bitterness sold well, I’d squeeze you.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Nike.2631

If you don’t think bitters sell, you’ve never mixed drinks behind a bar .

Simply put, if flipping were prohibited (and there are some very easy mechanics that could do that) instead of having someone buy a pyre for 10g and sell it a month later for 60g – specifically for the purpose of making 50g minus fees off of another player, the item would sit there until a buyer-with-intent-to-use came along and paid 10g. The seller gets what he asked, the buyer gets what he wants more cheaply, and nobody gets to sit around gloating how stupid their fellow players are. While it clearly wouldn’t sell quite as fast (because history shows us that the flippers get there first) we have a trading post where your goods don’t automatically de-list after a day or two.

But mostly I’m just saying that F&F dyes seem like an incredibly solid investment… and I’d like the game to occasionally remind people that even a gimme like that is subject to some risk. I’d have one I’d be sitting on for possible sale later myself if I hadn’t accidentally equipped it, but that one came out of a F&F pack, not from the TP .

(I equipped it by mistake on my main dye collection character, so I’m annoyed but not despondent or anything)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I think the only “limited” item to be reintroduced so far are the southsun skins which dropped during the opening of southsun and are dropping again with the new supply crates.

Every other limited item has not yet returned over the course of the last 9 months.

I suspect some of the holiday ones will appear again at the 1 year mark, but the price for those has risen continuously for the previous 9 months so far.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

I paid 22g for the Flare dye, and really love the way it looks (higher contrast?) and 14g for one of the teal colours. This is only because I missed the F&F event, so had no other means of getting them. They are pricey though.

Hoping for more high-contrast colours.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~