gem store lacking? or bugged?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cerbskies.9865

Cerbskies.9865

Im a new player and im trying to figure out things as i go. One thing ive always wondered about is the gem store. Obviously its making enough profit to keep guild wars up and running but when i check the store > style tab, theres only like 10 armor sets with some season outfits, cheap masks, and 2 plushy back packs.

Each armor set has light, medium, and heavy so im assuming im restricted to my armor type (im an engineer).

So am i missing something? It seems really small and sadly underwhelming.
I remember hearing how awesome the outfits you can buy are and how many you got to pick from. I feel like my thing is bugged and there should be a “next page” tab at the bottom or something in styles.

Im not trying to bash the game or anything but as far as purchasable styles go its really lacking. The mini tab makes me wonder why its ever there? I can only purchase a random-3 mini pack? Boosts seem alright though, not much more you can offer in terms of boost. Kinda let down that dyes are random, not liking the “slot machine” feel with real money but business is business.

So does the lion unlock more outfits as i level? Something im missing maybe? Please let me know im itching to buy some gems.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They just removed a slew of items from the store to “streamline” it. A lot of us are hoping this presages more items coming. Also the CDI going on in General Discussion is full of requests for many more appearance options.

For now, what you see in the Fashion tab is what there is.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

You are not alone in feeling that way, and for a company that relies so much on selling vanity gem store items, they are missing a huge opportunity.

They didn’t even take advantage of holiday sales. All they added was the gifting option. They didn’t release any new skins, nor did they re-release any of the previous valuable items like unlimited mining tools.

Anet needs to start selling more armor skins in the gemstore. They can charge a lot more and make a lot more, especially with the limited number of skins in the game as is.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

What you’re seeing in the store at the moment (with the exception of the Wintersday townclothes) is the permanent gemstore content. But they release a slew of new items every 2 weeks, usually tied in to the newest released Living Story content. We won’t see a game update until Jan. 21st, but hoping it will a big one, complete with unique gemstore additions, to start off the new year.