halloween skins prices drop ? any reason ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JellyRabbit.2978

JellyRabbit.2978

I’ve noticed the halloween skins prices starting to drop and go lower with time, is there a reason like they won’t be useable or something after a while or u won’t be able to sell the anymore ? Or they just dropped because more people have it and less people want it right now… I’m just intrested in the reason, someone knows something speical about them ? If u don’t write please and don’t just ignore cuz then I will never know and will keep commenting thinking people didn’t see this topic. Thanks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

It looks like people started to sell them too early, and many panicked selling theirs as well, causing the price to drop because right now most people got them. The prices will rise in time, when more people get to 80, or level alts. My guess at least.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Morrar.1764

Morrar.1764

First off, these weapons are permanent so there is no reason to be worried about that. The pricing, however, depends on a number of factors:

- These skins are unique, but not everyone likes them and is willing to pay a large premium for them. The bow is most popular, followed by the staff and finally the shield. This is also reflected in the price (although the shield is also more common).

- The supply of these weapons is limited. They dropped only during Halloween and you can craft them. Crafting requires insane materials, however, some of which dropped only during Halloween. Crafting is therefore not very feasible (actually I think ANet hugely overestimated the popularity of these skins when they decided on their materials)

- Due to their limited supply, people tried to speculate with them. Right after Halloween, one or more parties bought up large quantities of these weapons to raise the price. It now turns out people aren’t willing to pay such a price for a skin that is not so spectacular. Thus, we see a correction in the market.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

First off, these weapons are permanent so there is no reason to be worried about that. The pricing, however, depends on a number of factors:

- These skins are unique, but not everyone likes them and is willing to pay a large premium for them. The bow is most popular, followed by the staff and finally the shield. This is also reflected in the price (although the shield is also more common).

- The supply of these weapons is limited. They dropped only during Halloween and you can craft them. Crafting requires insane materials, however, some of which dropped only during Halloween. Crafting is therefore not very feasible (actually I think ANet hugely overestimated the popularity of these skins when they decided on their materials)

- Due to their limited supply, people tried to speculate with them. Right after Halloween, one or more parties bought up large quantities of these weapons to raise the price. It now turns out people aren’t willing to pay such a price for a skin that is not so spectacular. Thus, we see a correction in the market.

This is exactly what we see going on – good post. Hold on to your skins if you don’t like the current sell price – in 3-6 months you may find someone willing to pay more.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

I was gearing up to sell the one skin I got from a chest, and then yeah. Prices plummeted because some amateurs on the TP probably have no actual experience with derivatives XD I’m happy to hold on to it until sometime before Halloween next year. Despite the ’unique’ness of them for now, I don’t for certain that the skins won’t be re-released.

As the above poster said, if you’re selling, hold on to them for now as the market has already been flooded. But don’t hold on too long.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wreatch.3812

Wreatch.3812

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Halloween-Item-Availability-in-Gem-Store-After-the-Event

This is why the skins went down, greatsaw/chain/etc however i have no clue why the others have gone down. I sold my greatsaw to purchase multiple mad moons, only time will tell if i made the right decision.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I bet halloween exotics will go up again (at least to 2/3 crafting costs) after people stop panic selling them. But for now its good for me, since I got new skins for my collection for a low price :p

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ovan.5947

ovan.5947

Here is my guess :

prices of halloween exotics and skins went down because mats and skins will be available longer than we thought.
So what happened? Everyone started to fear a huge drop in prices and so, they started to sell their items.
Well, the skins will definitely go up, many people are buying them at 20/25 gold right now to sell them later. Some of these skins will be used and so, there’ll be less of them on the market.

So let’s wait and see. end of november, prices of the skin will be back at 40/50 gold (buy/sell).

My 2 cents.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

There isn’t really that many of them. They just aren’t selling quite yet since a lot of people that wanted halloween exotics got them already (referring to the crossing, arachnophobia, mad moon).

But I look at the TP and I see like 50 for sale. Not many really. They’ll slowly go away as people buy them and actually transmute them. Even if there’s plenty more in people’s banks while they wait…they’ll still go eventually.

The prices on crossing and madmoon seem to have bottomed out. No real movement further down last couple days. Very few people are going to sell it at the buyer’s asking price at this point, they did that already. Probably a good indicator they’ll (slowly) go up now but we’ll see. I grabbed a few yesterday for that reason.

May take a while though.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

The demand is caving in because those skins are no longer the focus of the mass whining. I actually doubt the price will rise alot because I believe too many people are speculating with them to make big bucks, and not that many will actually want them that did not already buy them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Silvard.3469

Silvard.3469

Well, worse comes to worst their price will spike during the early stages of the next Halloween assuming the skins are featured and the spotlight is on them again. If they’re not featured again then they will inevitably rise in price over time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

With a crafting cost of nearly 200g, the price should eventually rise to there since that is the only way to make them from this point forward. I don’t think anyone in their right mind would actually craft one at this point so the supply is slowly going down and the price should rise slowly until it hits the crafting cost.

The skins will have 0 supply come the 15th so they will rise forever assuming the devs aren’t so lazy that they use the same skins year after year.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ovan.5947

ovan.5947

^this.
i completely agree, especially for the skins.
And, at least for gw1, the form of the event was always the same, but the gifts weren’t so i expect it to be the same here.

Anyway, i doubt there will be skins left in 1 year because keeping them that long would mean either you stopped playing, either you have so much money that you can wait years to sell it

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dromos.1467

Dromos.1467

it isn’t Halloween any more. The prices spiked around Halloween , and have dropped again because they no longer fit the theme. Soon everyone will want christmas skins, instead.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: whiran.1473

whiran.1473

Speculation is a two edged sword.

Part of why prices rose was because of people buying the items thinking that the prices would continue to rise. Thing is, most (if not all) of the people who wanted a skin got their skin.

Once prices started dropping (it only takes a couple of people to start undercutting one another to start this) many of the speculators panicked and jumped in trying to sell their items as well. This leads to a quick price drop and since most people who wanted the skins already have them there is little movement on the buying end. My guess is that this will lead to the price dropping for a long time.

As to the crafted skins – I dunno much about these since I haven’t followed them at all.