let us sell ascended materials to vendors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Purringcat.3920

Purringcat.3920

As a pve/wvw player the only ascended material i feel worth keeping in my bank/mule is my dragonite ore. I dont even bother keeping bloodstone dust and emphryal fragments. Since i converted 15 of them into the bricks and stars already.

At least let us vendor it away then having to drag it out of our bag and tossing it away and asking us “are you sure?”

Something like 2.5silver a stack will do too. or 1c each.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I hope you are aware that this is not the first thread on this topic.
I understand that it is hard to just destroy something that you earned and has no value to you because you dont craft but it still boggles my mind that some people that obviously start getting storage shortage due to ascended mats would even be content with a 1c value (2.5 silver per stack).

Considering the average price of an extra bank slot, i would never store asc mats while hoping that the stack of asc mats occupying it has a slight chance of giving me 2.5s back at some time. I would rather use that bank slot for something else that gives me a better return of investment.

I also have personal question to you, as you seem to be somebody that gathers alot of those mats and doesnt use it:

How much stacks of asc mats (doesnt matter which kind) you actually get on an average day?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Purringcat.3920

Purringcat.3920

I store only 1500 of the ascended mats in raw form since i need 15 of the refined version to make a full set of ascended armour if i ever need for a new set or an alt. I have refined most of the 1500 that i need so thats already stored in the tab. But im currently working on a legendary so i dont have obsidian shards to spare atm.

On an average day i get about 1stack of bloodstone and 1 stack of emphyral fragments.

I run about 4 dungeon paths(under an hr) and 1 fotm, and do abit of wvw. Granted that might not add up to a full stack on some days it is an average.
CoF P1&2, SE P1&3, FoTM 39/40.

I know if you open alot of champion bags you will get alot of bloodstone dust. Fragments for completing dungeons or taking over towers and camps in wvw.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I store ascended materials because ANet told us not to destroy them and that they would have a very meaningful use “soon”. This was 3 months ago or so. I currently make about 1 stack of empyreal and 1 stack of bloodstone a day, and about half a stack of dragonite. I have made ~15 ascended weapons and have refined all of the ascended components necessary for 3 future ascended armor sets already. I have 3 bank tabs completely full of the things in spite of that.

I would settle for a 32c merchant value per item (80s / stack).

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

It’s not necessary at all. The game lacks gold sinks as it is, we don’t need even more money being pumped into the game, especially into the hands of the champ farmers.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Just let people sell empyreal stars and dragonite ingots on the TP already. That way they still have to craft, but the grind goes down significantly for those who lack these mats.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

It’s not necessary at all. The game lacks gold sinks as it is, we don’t need even more money being pumped into the game, especially into the hands of the champ farmers.

I wouldn’t mind seeing the average gold being dropped from a champ chest being lowered by the average value of bloodstone found in a champ chest. This would mean a slight drop in the amount of gold going into the economy.

An interesting consequence of putting a value on ascended material is that you can then put a value on vision crystals. At 1c each making a vision crystal means you missed out on 15s worth of selling, or 6 silver for a lesser vision crystal. At 32c each that value becomes 4.8g, or 1.92g for a lesser.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

They just need to add more recipes that result in a tradeable product. This allows the players to decide the value of the materials without creating gold.

(edited by Healix.5819)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

They just need to add more recipes that result in a tradeable product. This allows the players to decide the value of the materials without creating gold.

As the profit margins for toxic nourishments seem to vary between 20-30s, bloodstone dust is valued between 20-30c right now.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Or at the very least set up a vendor/recipe that will allow for the conversion between the three.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief