[merged] Mini Mr. Sparkles

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kronos.3695

Kronos.3695

Well, I’ve heard that you’re going to giveaway this minipet via some websites and during the Gamescom. What about all the other players who want to obtain it? Or, can you confirm/deny these rumors?

As many others, I’m a mini-collector, and I’ve bought all off them in the Black Lion Trading Co.

If you’re not going to release this minipet in game or on the Black Lion Trading Co, I will not buy any minipet anymore, ‘cause I’ll have a gap on the specials that I won’t able to fit in the future. I’m not the only one who thinks about it, you can see how disappointed the community is about it:

www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1kxksl/psa_mini_sparkles_only_available_at_gamescom_in/

You did it the same thing with the in game t-shirt with Guild Wars 2 logo, are you going to repeat the same mistake?

Please, listen to the community as you’ve always done.
Ty for your attention.

Kronos Ledaloth, Leader of Bloodstone Keepers [BloS] - Far Shiverpeaks (EU)

YouTube Channel

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

And why should they listen to your part of the community more than to the part of the community that likes the fact that they are rare?
There are more than one part of the community, some want to be able to get everything without any issues, others want to have special stuff that is only available by doing special things.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kronos.3695

And why should they listen to your part of the community more than to the part of the community that likes the fact that they are rare?
There are more than one part of the community, some want to be able to get everything without any issues, others want to have special stuff that is only available by doing special things.

Well, i would agree with you if the mini haven’t been account bound, so every player will be able to obtain it (even with a large amount of gold, like in Guild Wars for “special minis”). And “special things” are not something like “HEY HEY, GIVE IT TO MEH”, i guess.

But, the mini is account bound, so i don’t see why someone who always supported the game can’t obtain it.

I’ll look for an answer, and we’ll see what they think about it.

YouTube Channel

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LolAsdOmgAfk.8256

LolAsdOmgAfk.8256

Uhm. A minipet. Ok bye.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FourthVariety.5463

FourthVariety.5463

There was a community event during gamescom (on Thursday evening). Many fansites were invited to meet at a Cologne tourist trap, where they had a chance to talk among themselves and to some of the developers.

Interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DDWMBKWCDWk

There was a gift bag for the people who attended and a raffle.

The contents of the bag were:
1x Mini-Pet Mr. Sparkles (card is printed in German, no English text)
1x Black Sweat Armband with GW2 logo in white stitching
1x Grey T-Shirt with white GW2 dragon logo
1x A5 Paper Notepad, no lining, grey logo on each side.
1x Steelseries mousepad Jora design
1x NCSOFT ball-pen
1x Destiny Edge poster

There were roughly 60 people from all over Europe (!) attending the event. I do not know, if they were given out on the show floor as well.

That’s all I can tell you about the card. As was the case in GW1, it will probably not be the first, nor the last minipet which is linked to some real-life event, or is simply unobtainable by playing the game, e.g. try trading Gaile Grey for one of her frogs.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Emberfoot.6847

Emberfoot.6847

I think a good way to fix a lot of people’s issues with this -potentially- super rare mini would be to just remove the storage slot for it unless you actually have the mini. Then people who are lucky/rich enough to travel to the event and get one can have a crazy rare mini, and people who couldn’t don’t have to see a big grey hole telling them so.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

I will not buy any minipet anymore

And I will jump along with that one. If it is not possible to make a complete collection by playing or even by supporting the game financially, then I’m not interested in that part of the game.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Albert Of Tyria.2149

Albert Of Tyria.2149

I agree with this post. Don’t make again this error Anet.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

Yeah, it’s pretty bogus. But I’m not surprised at all.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Going to gamescom doesn’t even guarantee that you’ll get one. I was at gamescom last year to get the special t-shirt, but they were out of serial codes.

Was one wasted trip to Germany, I didn’t even get to play any new games cause the lines there are 3 hours long. I don’t get why people even go there.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Frankie.8497

Frankie.8497

It’s a mini-pet. Also, do you think threatening them that you won’t buy anymore mini-pets from the gemstore will make them reconsider? It’s not a super strong weapon or piece of armor. If anything, it’s a goodwill gesture to the people who came out to see them at Gamescom. Quit making a mountain out of a mole hill.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

As a perfectionist myself (thankfully I don’t collect minis), I fully sympathise with the OP and other collectors who are devastated by this revelation. One can hope that in future ANet will release other methods of getting Mr Sparkles though, similar to how some ultra-rare minis back in GW1 eventually became available again through late year birthday presents.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

I just need Anet to confirm if it is indeed exclusive so i can decide if i will continue to support the game.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

Let’s say they’ll unbound every minipet in this game like the’re doing this with skins and what then? we will have the same nonsense like in GW1, stupid minipets for like 5-10k gold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Clockwork Bard.3105

Clockwork Bard.3105

Some mini-pets already go for dozens and even hundreds of gold. There is already a market for them and people willing to invest the time and money to collect them. Dropping into this thread just to scoff at minis offers nothing towards the topic at hand.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kronos.3695

It’s a mini-pet. Also, do you think threatening them that you won’t buy anymore mini-pets from the gemstore will make them reconsider? It’s not a super strong weapon or piece of armor. If anything, it’s a goodwill gesture to the people who came out to see them at Gamescom. Quit making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Minipets are part of the game, as they used to be in Guild Wars.
When you’ll understand it, you’ll understand my thread sense too.

YouTube Channel

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Snoflake.9087

Snoflake.9087

Um, it’s probably a good thing that you didn’t collect very rare mini’s in Guild Wars 1. There is one very very exclusive mini in that game that’s even more rare than Mr Sparkles.

Froggy.

There is only one Froggy. If you saw Froggy in town, that could only belong to one person. And that person was Gaile Gray.

Be thankful you may have a very slim chance to pick up Mr Sparkles on eBay if someone decides to sell the card code for an exorbitant sum.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The difference is in GW1 there was no “checklist” for minis. In GW2 you always have to look at an empty slot.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

The difference is in GW1 there was no “checklist” for minis. In GW2 you always have to look at an empty slot.

….and I recall GW1 players complaining about this fact. Now that you have a list, you look at it a negative light and complain about it….WTF?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kojast.6304

Kojast.6304

The part of the community that wants items to be rare is deriving their enjoyment from the disappointment of others. I personally want others to succeed. I am happy when other people can get what they want. If this community is dominated by people who disagree, then this community is obviously not for me.

Let’s see… I convinced seven other people to try this game and bought copies for 4 of them. In addition to that, I have spent over $1500 in gems as gifts or for myself since December. I’m one customer and I have no illusions that my one opinion matters in the scheme of things. Nevertheless, minis were my reward of choice in the game. I opted to collect minis over legendaries, ascended gear (laurels and guild comms), and armor skins.

As a result of the poor messaging and decision making regarding minis, I have decided my money is better invested in a different hobby over which I have more control. This is not a threat, it is a done deal. It is nothing personal against ANet: from their posts, I think the staff is a wonderful, patient, thoughtful group who have done wonders for the perception of the MMO genre. Nevertheless, it is roughly $200 a month in regular spending they will not see again over this one mini. One company’s molehill is another person’s mountain.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

….and I recall GW1 players complaining about this fact. Now that you have a list, you look at it a negative light and complain about it….WTF?

I never complained about it in GW1.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Treeline.3865

I hate arguments like that, they are worth nothing unless you actually know for a FACT that the same players who are now complaining are the same one that played GW1. Did you ever think those could be different people?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kronos.3695

So, could we know something about it, please?

YouTube Channel

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

And here I was kind of hoping they wouldn’t repeat that asian minipet thing they did in GW1…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Treeline.3865

So, could we know something about it, please?

Signed. This has been on the front of GW2 discussion, BLTC and Clockwork Chaos for days. I think we deserve some kind of response (Entitlement, yea!)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

Maybe they don’t care that people are gonna stop buying gemstore minis for a collection they can’t complete anyway.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Andrew.4506

Andrew.4506

I guess they don’t. Pretty sure this is one of those things that literally everyone is universally against. Hell, I’ve even seen some of the rare and lucky few that got these guys saying that it’s a pretty unfair and kittenty system.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kronos.3695

The wiki page has been updated:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mini_Mr._Sparkles

YouTube Channel

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

Not really, the last edit is 4 days ago.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

Signed. I want it to be sold in the gemstore as well. I want Mr. Sparkles

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

Sold for $700 USD.

Magumer Ranger

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

And there in lies the problem. 700 USD (I think the person nuts). However if a person is willing to pay that amount, then it’s not a stretch to think that normal collectors and players (much akin to myself) would easily pay 800 gems for it. I think 800 gems is even steep but I threw a number out there which is the average anymore for many items. (not overly happy with that average number)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Andrew.4506

I don’t think 800 is too much. Even 1600 would be fine. But only as a once a year mini available for purchase during the game’s birthday.

Literally ANYTHING other than having to buy it from 3rd party websites. Worst kittening mistake I’ve seen anet make since the games launch.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Treeline.3865

And there in lies the problem. 700 USD (I think the person nuts). However if a person is willing to pay that amount, then it’s not a stretch to think that normal collectors and players (much akin to myself) would easily pay 800 gems for it. I think 800 gems is even steep but I threw a number out there which is the average anymore for many items. (not overly happy with that average number)

Actually there were a few bids over 600 USD. You can see the bidding history. Several people are nuts

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

New mini get’s released. It’s region locked + account bound = people complaining

New mini get’s released. It’s region locked but able to be traded so people just buy/sell at a high in game price = people complain that mini prices should not be this high blah blah blah

Please somebody prove me wrong on the 2nd point. I Guarantee if this Mr.Sparkles was able to be traded and had a price tag of 600g a thread would have been made complaining about it’s price.

’’I’m too casual to afford that! Wahh, why would you make it hard for me and not accomodate my OCD’’

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

New mini get’s released. It’s region locked + account bound = people complaining

New mini get’s released. It’s region locked but able to be traded so people just buy/sell at a high in game price = people complain that mini prices should not be this high blah blah blah

Please somebody prove me wrong on the 2nd point. I Guarantee if this Mr.Sparkles was able to be traded and had a price tag of 600g a thread would have been made complaining about it’s price.

’’I’m too casual to afford that! Wahh, why would you make it hard for me and not accomodate my OCD’’

I’d happily pay the 600g if I had it and I would not mind grinding for it. I just want a chance at Mr. Sparkles… Also, isn’t there like 100-300g minis out already? I do agree with you though in the sense that people should work for what they want (if the opportunity is presented)

Btw, I really do have OCD and I am not a mini collector (just want the golem) People collect as a sort of hobby, not because they have OCD. The goal is to complete the collection. I assume lack of completion would be as upsetting as getting all the parts for a legendary except one, and that one part you have to fly to Germany magically at the perfect time to obtain.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

(edited by Aguri.2896)

in Black Lion Trading Co

KOPPER.1458

sure people would complain about the price. at 600g I would not be able to get it for some time, and if it was limited time there is a good chance I’d never see it still. Again that would be sad.

But if it were for sale then 600g doesn’t make a lot of sense. Unless it was in an RNG mini pack that allowed you to sell it. Then that would be ok (despite my distaste for RNG bags) because at some point you could buy it.

Giving these out at events and then buying from ebay isn’t far different from buying 3rd party gold, which is a no no. (just my opinion)

I am still hopeful we’ll see this as an item for sale at some point. Or so I hope.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Andrew.4506

I think this is one of those issues where the people it affects it affects in a significant way, but there aren’t enough of those people (mini collectors) to really cause a big fuss. So arenanet’s way of handling it is to just ignore us until we’ve just accepted that being a mini collector means spending large amounts of real world money on 3rd party sales sites like ebay.

in Black Lion Trading Co

KOPPER.1458

I hope that isn’t true. But if it is, so be it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

Please Anet, allow us to complete our collections without spending hundreds of Dollar or Euro on ebay or travel costs.

Mr. Sparkles is currently the last miniature I am missing

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

KOPPER.1458

you sir have spent a lot of gold and or gems. lol
Missed one at Christmas due to RNG and I am still upset about that. this makes 2 for me now

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

I am sure the christmas one will come back, since RNG makes anet a lot of $$$

in Black Lion Trading Co

KOPPER.1458

It sure does, I spent what I feel like was a lot of RL cash trying to get them and fell short. Such is life. I really want a Mr Sparkles and I have that they sell him on the gem store.

Could we please get a comment from a net about this? simple yes or no would be awesome.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kronos.3695

That’s what everyone’s waiting for, I guess.

I want to know if I have to sell all my special minipets, ‘cause if I couldn’t have this one, I wouldn’t ever complete my collection.

I guess that a bunch of people would buy the mini even at 2000 gems at BLTC.

YouTube Channel

(edited by Kronos.3695)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

Exclusive mini giveaways happen. It’s not a mistake, it’s not even a new thing.

Just look up the value of a miniature panda in GW2.

Fact is that some people can get things that 99% of the population cannot. Them’s the breaks. You can either stop crying about it or pony up what it’s currently worth if you want it that bad.

OR

you can wait and see if Anet does further giveaways. It’s a little early to tell if this is an absolute exclusive or timed.

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

In SWToR there were some Convention Exclusives, but they gave the same thing away at each convention. Its likely Mr. Sparkles will show up at every show ANet goes to for the next few years. Not a solution, but something to watch for if you are a collector and have nan opportunity to go (or a looking for more to pop up on Ebay afterwards).

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Frayta.4816

Frayta.4816

While I sympathize with your desire to have every mini-pet, demanding they give you access to something that was intended to be a special item for those people at gamescom, is a bit outrageous.

Blizzcon, has been giving out special thing like this for people who attend every year, and it isn’t just so people attend to get the latest miniature. Its to commemorate the event itself.

Blizzard also gave the first Reigns of Alar, and an entirely unique bow, to a terminally ill Child named Ezrah Chatterhorn, now, what would you say to people who were outraged that they didn’t have access to this bow? Would you agree with them- or would you be willing to bend, that in fact that bow was given as a gesture of good will to someone- and shouldn’t be tempered with.

(edited by Frayta.4816)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

100 bucks an hour to attend an event? Sweet! When are they coming to my neck of the woods?

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kronos.3695

While I sympathize with your desire to have every mini-pet, demanding they give you access to something that was intended to be a special item for those people at gamescom, is a bit outrageous.

Blizzcon, has been giving out special thing like this for people who attend every year, and it isn’t just so people attend to get the latest miniature. Its to commemorate the event itself.

Blizzard also gave the first Reigns of Alar, and an entirely unique bow, to a terminally ill Child named Ezrah Chatterhorn, now, what would you say to people who were outraged that they didn’t have access to this bow? Would you agree with them- or would you be willing to bend, that in fact that bow was given as a gesture of good will to someone- and shouldn’t be tempered with.

I’d agree with you if the mini wasn’t on the minis tab.
It’s part of a collection, and now the collection could lose all its sense.

YouTube Channel

in Black Lion Trading Co

Treeline.3865

I’d agree with you if the mini wasn’t on the minis tab.
It’s part of a collection, and now the collection could lose all its sense.

Ditto! If they didn’t put it in our faces I would not have a huge problem with it either. But as it happens it is made quite clear that this is not just a “unique gift for a special few people”, it is a hole in our collection in the truest sense.