[merged] Mini Mr. Sparkles

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I just bought 4k gems to see if I got the bonuses, so far nothing….

I contacted support to see what’s up and if they don’t, I’m hoping they would refund me.

If they do however, that means great news for mini collectors.

I’ll try to post asap when they email me

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Let us know if you get it, LumAnth. If it’s true, I’m also going to contact Support to see if I can get an exception made for me (bought 8k gems on Friday in preparation for some Chrismas shopping. Missing out on it by just 2 days, especially considering I spent twice the amount, is rather painful).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

Sadly I have to go to sleep (boo)

I logged off around 10pm eastern time and got no mail.

No email from customer support either but it’s Sunday, so I wasn’treally eexpectin one.

HHopefully I’ll get an email tomorrow

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ricki.8054

ricki.8054

And with any luck the email will state that you are a compete prat that can’t read.

The email stated that NO rewards will be issued until January

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

Not all of us can read German.

And no English version of the e-mail has been sent out either, as far as I’m aware of. Is it just a German promotion?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ricki.8054

ricki.8054

I’ve got it in English. Came through yesterday.
The relevant section is :

Your rewards will be based on gems purchases and gem code redemptions between 9:01am CET (12:01am PST) 1st December, 2013 and 8:59am CET 1st January, 2014 (11.59pm PST 31st December, 2013). In early January, you’ll receive the gifts you unlocked!

(edited by ricki.8054)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Can i have a link to the english promotion page?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

Apparently you can get the miniature of Mr Sparkles as a bonus for buying 4000+ gems with real money during december. Anet must be really desperate for money.

LOL. If that is true I’m really sorry but I wont spend additional money in December. It’s just so bad idea.

For all of you who collect special minis – sucks to be you.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

I really hope this is not true, as it’s a big punch to those who won them on gaming sites / attended to PAX.
GW2 need more exclucive items like GW1 had. This is really uncool ArenaNet!

Basically the idea of giving something to only a small number of people is kinda bad in game with such a vast community.
I didn’t even knew what I missed. It’s not in game advertised or anything.
I won’t cry that I don’t have it but really… Make equal chances for all players not only few/some.

Exclusiveness is supposed to be a challenge and it should be in game not favorising those who afforded to go to game con or have some talents outside of the game.

It’s in a game. Get it through the game.
It’s in real live (like a guitar) get in by real live means.

Think it through.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

:sigh: PEOPLE NEED TO READ THEIR EMAILS!

The backpack (and mini) will be given out in January. Everyone is eligible for the month of December.

I guess the average idiot whiner is too impatient to wait.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Black Lion Trading Co

FateOmega.9601

But they didn’t send me any email regarding this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I haven’t gotten the email either and so far the only screen shots I’ve seen of it have been in German.

I can and will buy gems to get the mini but I’m holding off until either I get the email and can decide for myself if it’s genuine or we get official confirmation that it is.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Apparently you can get the miniature of Mr Sparkles as a bonus for buying 4000+ gems with real money during december. Anet must be really desperate for money.

LOL. If that is true I’m really sorry but I wont spend additional money in December. It’s just so bad idea.

For all of you who collect special minis – sucks to be you.

Yes, I bought a Mr. Sparkles code for 300g a while ago, but its usual business for Anet to milk miniature collectors. There is literally no miniature worth anything now thanks to Mini Caithe and Scarlet.
On the bright side I wont have to give Anet 50€.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

KyreneZA.8617

But they didn’t send me any email regarding this.

I live on the tip of Africa and I already got mine on Sunday. Perhaps you forgot which gmail account you use for GW2 or have set ANet emails as spam?

I’m using light sarcasm by way of illustrating some examples for people missing the email, not to be rude to you personally.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…

in Black Lion Trading Co

FateOmega.9601

Nope, I received all their other email just fine.

in Black Lion Trading Co

KyreneZA.8617

There is literally no miniature worth anything now thanks to Mini Caithe and Scarlet.

How so?

Recently returned to…

in Black Lion Trading Co

KyreneZA.8617

Nope, I received all their other email just fine.

Well then either believe ricki.8054 who posted the relevant details exactly as I read it in my email, or have a little patience.

In short: 800 gems bought in December will give you a green plush quaggan backpack, while 4000 gems will also give you the mini. But only once January rolls around!

Recently returned to…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

There is literally no miniature worth anything now thanks to Mini Caithe and Scarlet.

How so?

Because they come like candy from black lion chests and can be mystic forged for series 1 and 2 minis. The minis dropped like 70% in value because of it. My collection lost at least 1000g value.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Still waiting on an email as well. This is poor customer service (is that the right department? Promotions maybe?) I have not gotten an email. Can we get confirmation from someone at AN maybe?

Why are some people getting emails and some are not?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Preyar.6783

Preyar.6783

Got my email about an hour ago

Wondrous Achiever \o/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Got mine too!

So I guess I’ll be getting gems.

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

By this logic, anytime a store has a promotion or sale, it means they’re desperate for money. Poor Walmart, just barely scraping by as it is.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’d rather some BL keys or something useful. Both items are not that great. I had the mini’s and kite. They have sat in my bank. I know ANet didn’t have to give them to me, and I’m thankful to have them. I would just rather something useful.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

You can use the gems you purchase to buy keys (or whatever). I’ll probably save mine and see what else comes out but personally, I’ve been entering any contest I see for the Mini Mr. Sparkles and I’m happy to have a guaranteed way to get one without spending stupid amounts of money.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I’ve gotten the LS e-mail fine. I’ve gotten the “is this IP you” e-mail fine. I’ve never gotten any of these promotional e-mails. Ever.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

BrotherBelial.3094

You can use the gems you purchase to buy keys (or whatever). I’ll probably save mine and see what else comes out but personally, I’ve been entering any contest I see for the Mini Mr. Sparkles and I’m happy to have a guaranteed way to get one without spending stupid amounts of money.

I know that. I was just using them as an example, of something useful.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

Okay, so I see two sides of this story; people arguing that Mr. Sparkles should be an exclusive and those who think this incentive is a good idea. Personally, I think a different item should have been subbed in instead of Mr. Sparkles, but I don’t really care about Minis. I was going to throw in $50 around the Christmas sale anyway because there are things I want. What I don’t seem to understand is how resistant and resentful people are about giving ArenaNet money. As much as I hate to say it, they still need to eat and upgrade the servers and the only way they can do that is with cash, not ‘gold’.

in Black Lion Trading Co

BrotherBelial.3094

Okay, so I see two sides of this story; people arguing that Mr. Sparkles should be an exclusive and those who think this incentive is a good idea. Personally, I think a different item should have been subbed in instead of Mr. Sparkles, but I don’t really care about Minis. I was going to throw in $50 around the Christmas sale anyway because there are things I want. What I don’t seem to understand is how resistant and resentful people are about giving ArenaNet money. As much as I hate to say it, they still need to eat and upgrade the servers and the only way they can do that is with cash, not ‘gold’.

I have no problem “giving” ANet money. It’s my birthday in a few days and plan on spending what ever I get on gems. As for them still needing to eat etc. I’d spend more money on his game if they game me more perminant content/personal story/maps. And I’ll give them even more. Until then I’m not going to throw money at them for content that half the time I never seen the end of.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Good news: I’m planning to buy gems.

Bad news: I don’t give a kitten about minis (or a green Quaggan backpack) -_-

Dear ArenaNet: I can has Cheezburger? Or you know, something more useful? pls? I’ll buy 8k gems (maybe 16k) I promise

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

They had 22m income last quarter from gem shop. Plus most of the profits currently go to Wildstar development atm

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sniper.3487

Sniper.3487

What a crock… I probably bought the 800gem pack (10$) about 12 times in about 8 months and just when Christmas comes and money is tight, they introduce this… Actually, I bought about 4k gems in august I think.. If anything they should give the rewards retroactively to all who spend money on gems or at least to those of us who might have bough 4k in one month…

just sayin’

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

It amazes me how mad people get when Anet decides to offer bonuses for buying Gems. They aren’t forcing you to buy Gems to play this game. Just like when they offered Gem Store discounts for items these past three days. It’s all optional. If you buy X amount of Gems, get bonus goodie. Pretty simple marketing tactic. It’s a different story if Anet put it up for sale for 4k Gems.

Players need to realize that it’s their own desires that drives the decision on whether to buy Gems for the mini or not. Are you a collector, and desperately need Mr. Sparkles to complete your set? Are you a completionist that needs to fill every blank slot in your bank? Or are you an asura fanatic that must have an epic golem to show off in game? Last I checked, Anet isn’t responsible for our psychological profiles.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

What a crock… I probably bought the 800gem pack (10$) about 12 times in about 8 months and just when Christmas comes and money is tight, they introduce this… Actually, I bought about 4k gems in august I think.. If anything they should give the rewards retroactively to all who spend money on gems or at least to those of us who might have bough 4k in one month…

just sayin’

You bought gems during a period of time when this bonus was not available, thus there is no reason why you should get said bonus. That is how it works with all kinds of bonuses like this.

If you buy a car today and in a month they have a special offer that buying said car during that month will give you a free stereo-upgrade, you won’t be getting the free stereo-upgrade after all.

Just sayin’

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

I spent $35 for 2800 gems today for some of the Black Friday sale bank tabs/bag slots. Am I still eligible of getting Mr. Sparkles next month if I buy say another $20 worth of gems when the inevitable Wintersday permanent finishers/skins pop up, or is it only for the $50 4000 gem option?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Combat Mania.8517

Combat Mania.8517

@ Dark Jericho…

Anet’s official promo email stated any gem purchases between 12:01 AM on Dec 1st, 2013 and 11:59 PM Dec 31st PST are qualified for these… So, I guess it’s YES to your question.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

just sayin’

You bought gems during a period of time when this bonus was not available, thus there is no reason why you should get said bonus. That is how it works with all kinds of bonuses like this.

If you buy a car today and in a month they have a special offer that buying said car during that month will give you a free stereo-upgrade, you won’t be getting the free stereo-upgrade after all.

Just sayin’

This is true. However, I’m still contacting Support to see if I can get an exception. I bought 8000 gems on 29th November, just two days before it was announced. To spend twice the amount of money on it and just miss out by two days is quite disappointing. We’ll see what happens.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Quarter 4 sales can be make or break from some companies. It’s also the last quarter of the year to reach year end financial targets.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

This is true. However, I’m still contacting Support to see if I can get an exception. I bought 8000 gems on 29th November, just two days before it was announced. To spend twice the amount of money on it and just miss out by two days is quite disappointing. We’ll see what happens.

Your chances are pretty good, though you might need approval from someone higher up on the ladder than the initial CS contact. Companies will usually give a customer the sale price if they bought something a week or two before it went on sale, and in this case it doesn’t actually cost them anything to give you a couple of free digital gifts.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

Your chances are pretty good, though you might need approval from someone higher up on the ladder than the initial CS contact.

Oh Gaaaaaaiiiile…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

I actually didn’t know about all the bonuses (green quaggan backpack and golem mini pet) from purchasing gems in December until I read this forum section.

Well, I guess I’ll get a mini golem pet from my gem purchase a few moment ago to expand my bank to the max slot xD

I wish it’s a cuter mini, but oh well, it’s just a bonus for purchasing 4000 gems. ^^;;;
It’s free, so I shouldn’t complain lol

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

ya to me this feels like a bribe. “give us money and get this free item”
If anet really wants to they could of done it like the Kite a while back. They gave it out as a surprise. No one saw it coming and it was a very nice thing to get and kind of had me motivated to buy in regular intervals in case they did it again.

#ELEtism

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’m shaking my head at any complaints on this offer. I’ve very happy Anet is being upfront and offering this. As when the kites came out as a “thank you gift” for buying gems, a lot of people complained. Either we would have bought gems or we did buy gems a couple days earlier, etc. Having an offer up front gives everyone a chance to get it if they wish.

Which to me is how the game should be, filled with opportunity. Not having exclusives that benefit a micro percentage of players and gives very little money back to the company to support the game.

For me, yes I’ve purchased a lot of gems. Bought quite a few on Friday before this offer. In fact, I’ve spent quite a bit more than 4k gems this past month before the offer. At least now I have all this month to buy some more. Maybe Gem Cards will be on my Stocking Stuffer/Wish list for Christmas

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Well! I’m not really sure that we were seen.. But request granted. Buy 4000 gems in December for a “free” Mini. Mr. Sparkles.

People will have to take a deep dive into their wallet, but honestly, still better than eBay.
4.000 gems is obviously a ripoff, but at least we get to actually buy it in-game now rather than taking the next flight to Germany.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

The people complaining and thinking Anet is trying to make money by telling them ahead of time about what’s given for purchasing certain amount of gem…. they must not have seen other game companies that milk their players like there is no tomorrow.

Spend US$1000 and get this and that exclusive and/or overpowered stuffs, and then pay for $20 to $300 just to be in closed beta testing =P

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

Well! I’m not really sure that we were seen.. But request granted. Buy 4000 gems in December for a “free” Mini. Mr. Sparkles.

People will have to take a deep dive into their wallet, but honestly, still better than eBay.
4.000 gems is obviously a ripoff, but at least we get to actually buy it in-game now rather than taking the next flight to Germany.

how exactly is it a ripoff? you are not spening 4000 gems to buy the mini. you simply purchase 4000gems and spend them on other things and get him FOR FREE.
By your logic, any kind of bonus given to a purchase would be a rip off.

“Purchase a Mercedes before the 24th of Dezember and safe 10.000$”

so it would be a rip off to buy a car just to safe 10.000$? no. you are buying the car because you plan to use it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

It’s due to so many people complaining about the mini being limited. Seriously. Go in the past forums and check out all those complaint threads people spewed everywhere.

NSPride <3

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I like this promotion. They should run them more often. They should run one every month.

I had my qualms about ANet giving unannounced ‘gifts’ during the Zephyr Sanctum content and that other one. This is perfectly fine, by me, provided all the promotional items are purchasable through gold→gems. Sales work; it’s a big part of why Steam is popular.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

how exactly is it a ripoff? you are not spening 4000 gems to buy the mini. you simply purchase 4000gems and spend them on other things and get him FOR FREE.
By your logic, any kind of bonus given to a purchase would be a rip off.

“Purchase a Mercedes before the 24th of Dezember and safe 10.000$”

so it would be a rip off to buy a car just to safe 10.000$? no. you are buying the car because you plan to use it.

Your example sums up to buy a Mercedes and get a hotdog for free.
If you in fact only wanted the hotdog, which could not be obtained by other means, it would still be a kitten expensive hotdog
I do not get the minipet without paying 40$. It just happens that I get a Mercedes(4k gems) with the payment.

In any event, that was not the point of the post, the point was to tell those that might still follow the thread, that while it is still an expensive minipet, it is now available without the means of a third party website, as many people wished for. So yay for that.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

(edited by Treeline.3865)

in Black Lion Trading Co

KyreneZA.8617

It amazes me how mad people get when Anet decides to offer bonuses for buying Gems. They aren’t forcing you to buy Gems to play this game. Just like when they offered Gem Store discounts for items these past three days. It’s all optional. If you buy X amount of Gems, get bonus goodie. Pretty simple marketing tactic. It’s a different story if Anet put it up for sale for 4k Gems.

Players need to realize that it’s their own desires that drives the decision on whether to buy Gems for the mini or not. Are you a collector, and desperately need Mr. Sparkles to complete your set? Are you a completionist that needs to fill every blank slot in your bank? Or are you an asura fanatic that must have an epic golem to show off in game? Last I checked, Anet isn’t responsible for our psychological profiles.

+1

I really should stop reading threads like these. The tears of entitlement could fill an ocean. On the other hand, for the first time ever I agree with Smooth Penguin about something, so there is that.

Recently returned to…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

@Zaxares, I would be equally frustrated if I was in the same boat as you. I do wish the best on a resolution. I do wonder. If they make an allowance for you. Would it be justified for those that bought gems just one day before you? And if so, what about those who bought gems 48 hours before. The problem is where do they drawn the line. I doubt they will accommodate you. Would be nice to see them do so.