[merged] Mini Mr. Sparkles

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

It amazes me how mad people get when Anet decides to offer bonuses for buying Gems. They aren’t forcing you to buy Gems to play this game. Just like when they offered Gem Store discounts for items these past three days. It’s all optional. If you buy X amount of Gems, get bonus goodie. Pretty simple marketing tactic. It’s a different story if Anet put it up for sale for 4k Gems.

Players need to realize that it’s their own desires that drives the decision on whether to buy Gems for the mini or not. Are you a collector, and desperately need Mr. Sparkles to complete your set? Are you a completionist that needs to fill every blank slot in your bank? Or are you an asura fanatic that must have an epic golem to show off in game? Last I checked, Anet isn’t responsible for our psychological profiles.

I’m sorry but what you say is out of place.
Giving for free and promoting those who buy gems is one thing. Forcing people who collect minis to buy 4k gems in 1 month?!

Really?
REALLY?!

I respected them a lot when they promoted buying gems with free minis. You could get them anyway and those who supported the game had them extra.

When they changed it to free gifts only for those who will spend money when we tell them to – I LOST MY RESPECT FOR ANET.

So think again what you write. Look on what changed in the way they operate.
I’m glad I don’t collect those special minis since I only bought 2k gems and 4k gems is too much for me in December. I would basically rage.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

It amazes me how mad people get when Anet decides to offer bonuses for buying Gems. They aren’t forcing you to buy Gems to play this game. Just like when they offered Gem Store discounts for items these past three days. It’s all optional. If you buy X amount of Gems, get bonus goodie. Pretty simple marketing tactic. It’s a different story if Anet put it up for sale for 4k Gems.

Players need to realize that it’s their own desires that drives the decision on whether to buy Gems for the mini or not. Are you a collector, and desperately need Mr. Sparkles to complete your set? Are you a completionist that needs to fill every blank slot in your bank? Or are you an asura fanatic that must have an epic golem to show off in game? Last I checked, Anet isn’t responsible for our psychological profiles.

Giving for free and promoting those who buy gems is one thing. Forcing people who collect minis to buy 4k gems in 1 month?!

Really?
REALLY?!

I respected them a lot when they promoted buying gems with free minis. You could get them anyway and those who supported the game had them extra.

When they changed it to free gifts only for those who will spend money when we tell them to – I LOST MY RESPECT FOR ANET.

I’m glad I don’t collect those special minis since I only bought 2k gems and 4k gems is too much for me in December. I would basically rage.

Is someone forcing you at gunpoint to buy those gems to get that mini?

If not then stop whining.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

Really?
REALLY?!

You don’t have to spend all the gems in Dec. I’m probably gonna buy them in Dec to get the mini, and then try to save them until the next sale on character slots. Whenever that is. The gems don’t expire or anything, they just sit in your account until you are ready to spend them.

If the issue is not having an extra 25 bucks cause of Xmas, I feel you. Ask for a gem card as a gift maybe?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

So let me make sure I got this right.

Before, Armor sets and Weapon skins were locked behind the gem store. They never release this stuff in game so we can earn it ourselves by playing the game, we had to get it via the gem store only.

Now, Anet is rewarding us for giving them money. So instead of rewarding us for actually playing content and playing the game, they are rewarding us for giving them money. There is no reward for say, you’ve been here since the beginning and completed every Living Story content we have released. Here is a reward for your dedication to GW2. No. They are only rewarding you if you give them more money.

Just want to make sure I understand and I was right. Anet just sees us as money bags, not actual players. They only care about our money. It’s pretty obvious. Every new armor set is locked behind the gem store, every new weapon skin is locked behind RNG lottery chests in the gem store, they even made reskins of old armor sets that are already in the game and are selling those for the price of a new set, and now we are being rewarded for buying gems with real money.

Pretty soon we’ll be able to buy everything in the gem store and we won’t even have to play the game. Then it will be about who spends more money. Sigh. So much for a AAA MMO.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Perkysaurus.2630

Perkysaurus.2630

Not sure what the QQ is about I spend 50 at starbucks in a fortnight, and while i havn’t bought gems before I did so happily this morning to get the mini. My money my choice as it has always been. I would happily give them more if they had more exciting things in the store. I am a sucker for exclusive cosmetic items.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

and what if i buy 2K first and 2K after my next payday?
it’s still 4K, if that doesn’t give me the mini then you are actually buying the mini.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Really?
REALLY?!

If a player has a compulsion/need to collect all Minis in game that he/she can’t control, that’s unfortunately an issue that should be addressed outside of the game with a professional.

I would say that players should be glad they don’t need to buy a plane ticket, PAX ticket, and wait in an endless line at Anet’s booth to get the mini. By paying $50, you not only get 4,000 Gems, but the bonus mini as well. If you can’t afford enough Gems to reach the bonus, then perhaps it wasn’t meant to be.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cashmere.5436

Cashmere.5436

Ive read other threads about the bonus Mr. sparkles. and they are filled with people whining cause its a bonus for 4000 gems.

Well i wanted to make this thread to say, thank you. I can buy Mr. Sparkles for 50$ and i get 4000 gems to buy what i want too. Yippee. you have made my month, cause i can complete my collection and have gems too.

everyone who cares should think about the fact that its available, and stop complaining, they didn’t have to release him at all as an in game acquisition, so i’m happy. in fact i’m so happy, i actually posted on here to say thank you out load, knowing i’m about to get flamed and insulted for posting.

oh and to that guy at ANET who said " we shouldn’t make Mr. Sparkles a bonus this Christmas.’, and you know who you are O-O. you will be visited by three ghosts, expect the first to arrive tonight at the stroke of 1.

Thank You for letting me get my collection more complete, and eventually finished without the empty space.

Merry Christmas.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cotheer.2806

Cotheer.2806

And thank you, good citizen.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Someone at ANET said that? Link?

Also I’m mega happy too ^.^ I get a gift for getting my game friends gifts! Yay!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

I haven’t bought gems in awhile. For this I have. Want to complete the collection. Thank you Anet.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I am not happy about it. After Anet was silence about the topic for an eternity I bought a code for 300g. Call me selfish, I do not care.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Before, Armor sets and Weapon skins were locked behind the gem store. They never release this stuff in game so we can earn it ourselves by playing the game, we had to get it via the gem store only.

Now, Anet is rewarding us for giving them money. So instead of rewarding us for actually playing content and playing the game, they are rewarding us for giving them money. There is no reward for say, you’ve been here since the beginning and completed every Living Story content we have released. Here is a reward for your dedication to GW2. No. They are only rewarding you if you give them more money.

Just want to make sure I understand and I was right. Anet just sees us as money bags, not actual players. They only care about our money. It’s pretty obvious. Every new armor set is locked behind the gem store, every new weapon skin is locked behind RNG lottery chests in the gem store, they even made reskins of old armor sets that are already in the game and are selling those for the price of a new set, and now we are being rewarded for buying gems with real money.

Pretty soon we’ll be able to buy everything in the gem store and we won’t even have to play the game. Then it will be about who spends more money. Sigh. So much for a AAA MMO.

No rewards for playing? And you use the Living Story as an example? I have an entire bank tab full of items I got free as rewards for playing the Living Story. And that’s just the account bound ones, I sold all the tradeable ones.

In fact some people complained that they were releasing so many free skins/items specifically as a way of forcing people to buy more bank tabs.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

SpyderArachnid.5619

No rewards for playing? And you use the Living Story as an example? I have an entire bank tab full of items I got free as rewards for playing the Living Story. And that’s just the account bound ones, I sold all the tradeable ones.

In fact some people complained that they were releasing so many free skins/items specifically as a way of forcing people to buy more bank tabs.

I’m talking about an overall reward for being a dedicated player, not an item given to you for grinding achievements on your own.

Haven’t you noticed? Every time they do these rewards for players, it is only for the players that spend money? All the mail messages they send out to random players that reward them for buying gems? Now we are being rewarded again for spending even more money on gems. We are only getting rewards directly from Anet for giving them money.

They don’t send out a message saying “Thank you for playing GW2. We appreciate your dedication to the game, and as a token of our thanks, please accept this gift. We hope you continue to enjoy playing our game.”. They only send out messages that say “For your dedication of giving us money, take this gift. We hope you keep giving us more money in the future.”. They don’t recognize those that are playing the game, they just recognize those that are giving them money.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Danikat.8537

So what you want is Living Story rewards sent by mail with a message thanking you for playing the release?

Other than the acquisition method I just don’t see the difference between, for example, the helm that was awarded for completing Dragon Bash and the helm you can buy in the gem store.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: illo.5106

illo.5106

All those complains are not retracable for me.

It’s not “You HAVE TO buy 4.000 gems to get a backpack and a Sparkles mini!”, it’s “Hey, if you buy 4.000 gems, we give you some extra stuff during the holidays.”.

Like someone before said: If you buy a car and 4 weeks later the same car is offered with a free upgrade, you’d never go to your sales dude and complain about it – because you know, you’d look like a total you-know-what to everyone who hears you complaining!

And yeah, I’d like to have a Sparkles Mini too, but I won’t buy any gems – bad luck for me.

(edited by illo.5106)

in Black Lion Trading Co

SpyderArachnid.5619

So what you want is Living Story rewards sent by mail with a message thanking you for playing the release?

Other than the acquisition method I just don’t see the difference between, for example, the helm that was awarded for completing Dragon Bash and the helm you can buy in the gem store.

You’re not getting what I am saying. Apologizes if it was confusing for you, let me try to clarify it.

What I am saying, is Anet doesn’t personally reward you for playing their game. Not just Living Story, but the game in general. Anet doesn’t recognize dedication to the game or the hours you have spent in the game or anything you have done in the game. They don’t thank you with a gift every now and then and send you personalized messages in your mail for all your hard work and dedication to playing GW2.

The only time they send personalized messages and a gift to players, is only if you have bought gems. They thank you for giving them money and reward you for giving them money. They don’t care about your dedication to GW2 and all the hours and work you have put into it. They only give you personal recognition if you have bought gems.

That person that has played since Beta, gotten all the achievements and worked their behind off in game, but hasn’t spent a dime on gems, gets no recognition from Anet. But that new player that buys a fancy hat from the gem store, get a personalized message in their mail with a gift from Anet to reward them for giving Anet money.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’m talking about an overall reward for being a dedicated player, not an item given to you for grinding achievements on your own.

Haven’t you noticed? Every time they do these rewards for players, it is only for the players that spend money? All the mail messages they send out to random players that reward them for buying gems? Now we are being rewarded again for spending even more money on gems. We are only getting rewards directly from Anet for giving them money.

They don’t send out a message saying “Thank you for playing GW2. We appreciate your dedication to the game, and as a token of our thanks, please accept this gift. We hope you continue to enjoy playing our game.”. They only send out messages that say “For your dedication of giving us money, take this gift. We hope you keep giving us more money in the future.”. They don’t recognize those that are playing the game, they just recognize those that are giving them money.

So let me try to understand your thought process. You think it’s a bad thing for a company to reward customers who spend a lot of money at their store? If I bought $1,000 worth of Gems, and the next player didn’t buy anything at all, you think we should be treated equally?

In the business world, the company has one main goal: to make money. In order to reach that goal, they must cater to their customers. One strategy is to entice new customers with bonuses so that they spend money. Another strategy is to offer freebies as a “thank you” for the customer’s purchases, as this gesture will hopefully lead to continued sales/microtransactions.

So back to what I said earlier. You have one type of customer who spends money, and one who doesn’t. Any business owner will tell you that while all customers are important, the ones who spend money are far superior.

in Black Lion Trading Co

illo.5106

What I am saying, is Anet doesn’t personally reward you for playing their game. Not just Living Story, but the game in general. Anet doesn’t recognize dedication to the game or the hours you have spent in the game or anything you have done in the game.

1. If I level up to a certain level, if I finish a map – I get a letter. My progress gets rewarded, even if its a bot.
2. My dedication is rewarded with loot, rank, so on.

Why should Anet thank me for playing their game or reward me for it? I do it for fun, it’s not work, were I want something in return.

What you want is like being in a football team and everytime I catch the ball, the coach and everybody around me comes to thank me for catching that ball/playing football.

Even if you expand this to a customer/business owner level: the last time the manager thanked me for buying some flour and fruits at any shop plus giving me free stuff … well, I think that never happend to me yet.

(edited by illo.5106)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Ask for gem cards for Christmas.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

SpyderArachnid.5619

What I am saying, is Anet doesn’t personally reward you for playing their game. Not just Living Story, but the game in general. Anet doesn’t recognize dedication to the game or the hours you have spent in the game or anything you have done in the game.

1. If I level up to a certain level, if I finish a map – I get a letter. My progress gets rewarded, even if its a bot.

Why should Anet thank me for playing their game or reward me for it? I do it for fun, it’s not work, were I want something in return.

What you want is like being in a football team and everytime I catch the ball, the coach and everybody around me comes to thank me for catching that ball/playing football.

Again, you don’t get it either.

What you are doing is meeting a requirement for a reward in the game. You don’t get something unless you complete a certain kind of content to get that reward. It is not a personal reward from Anet themselves, it is the basic requirement that you must meet to obtain a reward in any video game. The game itself is programmed to give you a reward as long as you meet the requirements for said reward. That has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Look at it like this. It’s been over a year since GW2 has been out. Since then, Anet has sent out several personalized messages to players who have bought gems. These messages are thanking them personally for giving them money and are rewarding them with a gift in the process to encourage them to give Anet more money. Here we are again with Anet giving out a reward to people who give them more money, a mini pet for buying 4k gems.

What has Anet personally done for players who haven’t spent money, but are dedicated to the game still? Nothing. I’m not talking about all the content they release for free or any of that. That is for everyone to enjoy, gem buyer or not. I’m talking about what Anet has done personally for them. They have done nothing. They don’t care that you play the game. They only care if you are buying gems. And then they will show you personal recognition. Otherwise you’re nothing.

Is it so bad to ask for Anet to reward those players for once? For their dedication to the game? Or do they have to give Anet money in order to get any personal recognition for playing GW2?

in Black Lion Trading Co

illo.5106

What has Anet personally done for players who haven’t spent money, but are dedicated to the game still?

Me (that never spent any money for this game)? A helluva fun and a nice time!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

Again, you don’t get it either.

What you are doing is meeting a requirement for a reward in the game. You don’t get something unless you complete a certain kind of content to get that reward. It is not a personal reward from Anet themselves, it is the basic requirement that you must meet to obtain a reward in any video game. The game itself is programmed to give you a reward as long as you meet the requirements for said reward. That has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Look at it like this. It’s been over a year since GW2 has been out. Since then, Anet has sent out several personalized messages to players who have bought gems. These messages are thanking them personally for giving them money and are rewarding them with a gift in the process to encourage them to give Anet more money. Here we are again with Anet giving out a reward to people who give them more money, a mini pet for buying 4k gems.

What has Anet personally done for players who haven’t spent money, but are dedicated to the game still? Nothing. I’m not talking about all the content they release for free or any of that. That is for everyone to enjoy, gem buyer or not. I’m talking about what Anet has done personally for them. They have done nothing. They don’t care that you play the game. They only care if you are buying gems. And then they will show you personal recognition. Otherwise you’re nothing.

Is it so bad to ask for Anet to reward those players for once? For their dedication to the game? Or do they have to give Anet money in order to get any personal recognition for playing GW2?

See below:

So let me try to understand your thought process. You think it’s a bad thing for a company to reward customers who spend a lot of money at their store? If I bought $1,000 worth of Gems, and the next player didn’t buy anything at all, you think we should be treated equally?

In the business world, the company has one main goal: to make money. In order to reach that goal, they must cater to their customers. One strategy is to entice new customers with bonuses so that they spend money. Another strategy is to offer freebies as a “thank you” for the customer’s purchases, as this gesture will hopefully lead to continued sales/microtransactions.

So back to what I said earlier. You have one type of customer who spends money, and one who doesn’t. Any business owner will tell you that while all customers are important, the ones who spend money are far superior.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Danikat.8537

Part of my job is to write “personalised” thank you messages to people who fulfilled certain requirements. (Often spending a certain amount of money within a period of time.)

I can’t quite decide if it makes me feel better that people like you actually believe they’re personalised and someone took the time to send it individually to each person, or if it’s made me realise I’m cynical about the whole thing because I know what really happened is someone at Anet spent 5 minutes writing a message that says

“Hi, [computer insert character name], thanks for buying gems between [insert start date] and [insert end date]. As a reward here’s a [insert reward]!”

And then a computer searched the database, found the relevant accounts, filled in the fields and sent the message.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It’s like sending out thank you notes. Your Mom makes you do it because it’s expected. Now if most people don’t and you do, it looks to those receiving the note that you are a a person of high character. Doesn’t matter to them you were forced to do so, just that you did while others didn’t.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

To the guy keep complaining for more free stuffs (or perhaps what he/she wanted is 4212157834532131456240673463464 free gems since he’s been playing for a long time and never spent money to buy gems to support Anet? lol):

Anet already rewarded their players with the birthday pack for each character that’s been created for 1 year.
1 year is a long dedication, you know.

Geez, what else are you asking for? Free 15846073234436230634060234636346 gems every month? lol

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

To the guy keep complaining for more free stuffs (or perhaps what he/she wanted is 4212157834532131456240673463464 free gems since he’s been playing for a long time and never spent money to buy gems to support Anet? lol):

Anet already rewarded their players with the birthday pack for each character that’s been created for 1 year.
1 year is a long dedication, you know.

Geez, what else are you asking for? Free 15846073234436230634060234636346 gems every month? lol

Some people just feel Entitled to free stuff. But that’s ok, since it’s part of human nature to want things. While there’s nothing wrong with wanting freebies, taking these complaints to the forum does cross the line for some people.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Well generally we are already able to buy everything through gem→gold trade. Even legendaries!

I’m glad there’s still some stuff we can acquire by playing, but it’s not that much, and usually it’s tradeable.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

I’m really happy for it because it’s free even though the mini is not cute enough for my taste xD

I didn’t know I would get freebies, including the mini golem Mr. Sparkles, when I spent $50 to buy 4000 gems to expand my bank to the max last night during bank expansion sale lol

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I’m glad to see they are making it available. I’m not so happy about the fact that I have already skipped on Miniature packs, and have sold off my entire collection by now, as they never said anything in relation to actually helping out those who were collecting.

Sorry, ArenaNet, you are fixing a blatant issue that you created for collectors during Gamescom and PAX, but you are fixing it a wee bit too late. Thank you for making some collector’s collections not broken though, even if mine is regardless at this point.

I’ve basically given up on the idea of “catching them all”. Oh well, it’s more real-world money that I don’t spend on Gems, and more money that stays in my pocket. They shot themselves in the foot, it hurts them more than it hurts me.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

and what if i buy 2K first and 2K after my next payday?
it’s still 4K, if that doesn’t give me the mini then you are actually buying the mini.

Well, here’s the page about the Mini Mr. Sparkles: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-black-lion-wintersday-rewards-event/. It says:

“Welcome to the month-long Black Lion Wintersday Rewards Event! Evon Gnashblade of the Black Lion Trading Company will be rewarding December customers with exclusive gifts!

Black Lion Trading Company customers who purchase at least 800 gems will receive an exclusive Green Quaggan Backpack Cover. If you purchase at least 4,000 gems, you’ll receive not only the Green Quaggan Backpack Cover, but also a Mini Mr. Sparkles of your very own!

In early January, you will receive your gift based on gems you purchase and gem codes you redeem between 12:01 AM December 1 and 11:59 PM December 31 PST."

I read that as a cumulative purchase and not one single purchase of 4,000 gems at a one time. I will verify, but that’s how I read it, anyway.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Thanks for the red post. I’m just happy that people can get a Mr. Sparkles now. I really can’t blame people for not wanting to trade on eBay

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Treeline.3865

As someone who already had the minipet I am happy about it, even if it is expensive. It gives people the chance to get the item ingame, rather than some third party webpage (Hi eBay!) and for collectors this could mean they will continue collecting.

What I’m not happy about is the time it took to respond. Some gave up on collecting in between. Picking up Sparkles now, would still mean for example missing the halloween pet, giving no incentive to start again now.

But hey! Better late than never. For some people this means being back to a complete collection

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aenia Shadowforce.9148

Aenia Shadowforce.9148

Not sure if anyone noticed it, but I think mister Sparkles promotion will do good for gem prices.
Now it is more interesting to actually BUY gems via real cash (what provides more gems into the market) instead of EXCHANGING them with in game gold (what only increases the price of gems) so This is really interesting step to restore balance of evergrowing gem prices.
My only concern is that this mini is account boud, so technically speaking, there is no reason for anyone to get more than one. In order to further increase the amount og gems in game I think there should be interesting reward for every amount of gems bought.

(edited by Aenia Shadowforce.9148)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Septemptus.7164

Really?
REALLY?!

You don’t have to spend all the gems in Dec. I’m probably gonna buy them in Dec to get the mini, and then try to save them until the next sale on character slots. Whenever that is. The gems don’t expire or anything, they just sit in your account until you are ready to spend them.

If the issue is not having an extra 25 bucks cause of Xmas, I feel you. Ask for a gem card as a gift maybe?

The problem is that next time it will be an armor or something else you can’t get until you pay them for it.

For me it’s “So what I have gems that I don’t need if I have to spend RL money when they want just because I want something.” Soon you will spend gems for just anything because you won’t have use for them when you will buy items like this mini that you want from gem store, but REMEMBER IT’S A FREE GIFT. YOU DON’T BUY THE MINI, YOU BUY GEMS…
Right…

It’s not about the money you need to spend, but the way they do it.
I bought few thousand gems already by RL money. I have 11 slots, 8 maxed characters, 11 sets of unlimited gathering tools, max number of bank tabs, max number of bags on my characters, I event bought digital deluxe for gems. I’m not afraid to spend money, but I don’t want to be forced to.

What If I have 4k gems on me and I don’t have a thing to spend them on?!
I need to but another 4k for an item I can’t get otherwise?!
(Next time it easily can be an armor or weapon)
Great policy!

(edited by Septemptus.7164)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

There will always be something to spend gems on. Just wait a month and there will be new items. Don’t want them, wait another month.

I’ve been playing a year and never bought gems. (Done some gold to gems. 4 gathering tools, 2 bank slots, salvage kit, quaggan mini pack cause omg quaggan minis.) Still haven’t bought any. This might be the carrot that finally works on me, but only because I’ve been eyeing those character slots for awhile now and this would seem to be the most sensible time to buy the gems for them. Different sales for different people.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The problem is that next time it will be an armor or something else you can’t get until you pay them for it.

For me it’s “So what I have gems that I don’t need if I have to spend RL money when they want just because I want something.” Soon you will spend gems for just anything because you won’t have use for them when you will buy items like this mini that you want from gem store, but REMEMBER IT’S A FREE GIFT. YOU DON’T BUY THE MINI, YOU BUY GEMS…
Right…

It’s not about the money you need to spend, but the way they do it.
I bought few thousand gems already by RL money. I have 11 slots, 8 maxed characters, 11 sets of unlimited gathering tools, max number of bank tabs, max number of bags on my characters, I event bought digital deluxe for gems. I’m not afraid to spend money, but I don’t want to be forced to.

Great policy!

I never really understood these kind of “arguments”.

There is nothing at all that implies that they would add weapons and/or armor that is only obtainable this way. Keep in mind that this was most likely added specifically because of people being mad about having to go to a convent to get access to it.

But then again going with your logical why not assume that soon we will HAVE to buy gems in order to even log into the game!!!! :o

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

In early January, you will receive your gift based on gems you purchase and gem codes you redeem between 12:01 AM December 1 and 11:59 PM December 31 PST."

I read that as a cumulative purchase and not one single purchase of 4,000 gems at a one time. I will verify, but that’s how I read it, anyway.

Yes, please verify! I want to know if I can spread the cost over two paychecks too…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Danikat.8537

I’m sure I saw a statement from someone at Anet, shortly after PAX/Gamescon saying the mini Mr Sparkles would be available again in future, but probably only through contests/promotions – not simply sold on the gem store (which is what a lot of people were asking for at the time).

Otherwise I wouldn’t have stopped asking them to fix and started waiting for the next opportunity to get one.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ARZK.8017

ARZK.8017

Sounds great, but what I cannot read out is: Do I have to purchase the gems via Gem Cards or can I purchase them via ingame Currency Exchange (Gold to Gems)?

“… you will receive your gift based on gems you purchase and gem codes you redeem …” Not clear to me!? Would be great if you can clarify this too.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

Great policy!

Simple. Don’t buy the Gems if you don’t need them. What’s there to argue?

And if you just want the mini, you buy the Gems to get the bonus. Again, simple. At that point, it doesn’t matter that you can’t use the Gems, because you would have made the choice to buy them. Thus, everything works out.

in Black Lion Trading Co

lordkrall.7241

Real money only.
You don’t purchase gems with in-game gold.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

come on people, buy those gems, and don’t forget to convert them to gold okay.

cheers.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

I couldn’t care less, I hate mr sparkles. It sounds like a name from some crappy cartoon for kids.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Even if there’s nothing to spend 4000 gems on at the moment, what’s the harm in having them? There may very well be something you like that’s released down the line, and you can spend the gems then. Or, if there’s absolutely nothing you like, just convert the gems to gold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Septemptus.7164

Even if there’s nothing to spend 4000 gems on at the moment, what’s the harm in having them? There may very well be something you like that’s released down the line, and you can spend the gems then. Or, if there’s absolutely nothing you like, just convert the gems to gold.

Just imagine the same engine goes in another deal. People (like me) wrote many times we want to get GW1 armors. For if they are from the pool I liked those will by my “must to have”.
“But wait buy 4k gems and you will get it for free…” When I have 4k gem stored for the future I don’t need another 4k, but will I have a chance to buy it for the gems?
NO!?!
Because I will get an item for buying 4k gems and gems will be the free part
– THAT IS THE NEW MARKET MODEL THEY INTRODUCED and I hate it so very much.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Treeline.3865

Yup. Gems <=> Gold are player trades. You need to actually buy gems.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

Hello, while I am happy to see a promotion item come around to all to fill the empty spot in the bank that most people don’t have the chance to go to a real world event to get. I disapprove how you are doing it “some what” and want to explain why or how I think you should have done it or do it next time.

While most people will be happy just to see it offered and basically ‘free’ it’s truly not as it’s a promotion to get those who normally wouldn’t spend $50 this month (especially during Christmas when people are already cramped with costs) to spend $50 to get this “great offer” and most people would be fooled by the marketing scheme. You need to stop showing signs of milking players every single month and show some gratitude also to loyal customers, this shouldn’t have only been offered to players who spend $50 this month, but also to players who may have a few hundred bucks over the year.

I see too many milking schemes like black lion keys which I give you props on changing it but I think you had to with the amount of forum rage and not enough loyal reward-ness from ANET and just want to offer my suggestion and you to show us loyal contributor players some respect like kinda did with the dragon bash mini in a way.

I am happy to see Mr. Sparkles come, don’t get me wrong but ANET really needs to reach out to their loyal contributors at times, not only make them feel like they need to continue to spend month after month. While you may make a lot of money short term off it, long term people lose faith in you and won’t bother to spend a nickel.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Septemptus.7164

Agreed. The way is just wrong.

Example:
Just imagine the same logic goes in another deal. People (like me) wrote many times we want to get GW1 armors. For if they introduce skins from the pool I liked those will be my “must to have”.

Now we go to the new gem store model:
“But wait buy 4k gems and you will get it for free…” When I have 4k gem stored for the future I don’t need another 4k, but will I have a chance to buy it for the gems?

NO!?!
Because I will get an item for buying 4k gems and gems will be the free part.

Basically UNCOOL…

(edited by Septemptus.7164)

in Black Lion Trading Co

lordkrall.7241

You have no proofs nor any hints whatsoever that this will happen.
The mini was most likely made available this way due to the outrage about it only being available at cons.
How does this in any way or form even hints at starting a new thread where they will add armors and weapons exclusively this way?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square