my investments

my investments

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: zwft.5431

zwft.5431

Q:

Hi Everyone,

Guildwars2 is my first mmo. After a lot of hard work and fun, i made me some gold by crafting. For me it turns out that trading is the most fun part of the game. I was thrilled when i made my first profit at the TP. Before the Karka Shell event I had about 600 gold and spended it all on Karka Shells. After selling i had 900 gold. I bought Karka Shells again and ended up with 1200 gold. Just buy low and sell high and in the mean time some crafting and selling.

About two weeks ago and after the latest Queen event, i looked at the long term price graphics at gw2spidy. I bought 15 items (I only doubt my Karka Shell investment… i just fell in love with them i guess :-)

Here is the list of items:

Karka shells
Vial of thick blood
heavy bone
full venom sac
sharp claw
sharp fang
smooth scae
mystic coin (i have my doubts)
venom sac
totem
large fang
large claw
gossamer scrap
large bone
intricate totem

If you look at gw2spidy, they are all low on price. I hope i can make a profit of at least 30 percent. Today’s it’s (theoretically) 10 percent. I invested 1200 gold so my profit is 120 now.
For me it is just an funny experiment….

I set up a database and a spreadsheet to calculate everything.

Well, i just wanted to share this because trading is not really a social thing…
Maybe we can share our investments?

Greetz,
zwft

(edited by zwft.5431)

my investments

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kareth.6572

Kareth.6572

Another post saying “Buy what I bought so I can earn more” ?

my investments

in Black Lion Trading Co

zwft.5431

Hi Kareth,

I thought of that and i know people do that. It is not my intention. Just look at the graphs and make your own descicion. It’s all long term and the prices will go up, no matter what i say here. I really like to share just because trading is a lonely thing to do.
For me trading is fun, no more no less. It takes me a lot of time. Making gold is also just fun. Why not share the fun?
I hate the websites about flipping and fast gold. It’s all bullkitten. If you want to make gold quicker and easier, i guess you better speed run dungeons. No calculations, no spreadsheets or databases, no finding the right items. It takes me hours and hours, but i like it.
Yesterday i did some new investments but i won’t tell…. just for you :-)

Greetz,
zwft

my investments

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Buy dragon coffer, molten core, low volumn thing like aetherized weapon and monocle. Those will go up!

And all those items OP listed definately worth investing. Just wait a few more weeks before buying them, since the event will go on for a month. Buy them at the rock button price. Good luck!

(edited by laokoko.7403)

my investments

in Black Lion Trading Co

zwft.5431

I was looking for a way to quickly overlook all the prices.
Now i started to make links to gw2spidy for every tier. For expample: in one click i can see all the price graphs of fine crafting tear 4 items. This way it’s quicker and easier to overlook all the prices and respond on price drops.

What i very, very much miss is buy an sell data per price on the API.
Lots of data are false because of large undercuttings.

my investments

in Black Lion Trading Co

zwft.5431

my investments

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

posts like this which can affect the financial gain of the original poster (intended or not) should be banned and deleted, just like they are on the curse gw2 guru forums.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

my investments

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

That is really nice. 1 or 2 of your item out of list of 20 went up.

Let’s see if the other 18 will go up too!

How did you guess tier 4 material will go up in price? My speculation is tier 5/6 will rise becuase of new ascended and legendary weapon.

Way to go dude! Very nice speculation.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

my investments

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chrono.7430

Chrono.7430

posts like this which can affect the financial gain of the original poster (intended or not) should be banned and deleted, just like they are on the curse gw2 guru forums.

Agreed. Plus, if the purpose is to flaunt your investments, 10% return is quite awful. Try 700% from F/F dyes or even 300% from roses. Oh and that spike in lightning catchers? 3.5g buy orders —> 22g. If your purpose is to help others find investments, I would suggest giving advice instead of simply revealing the items.

my investments

in Black Lion Trading Co

zwft.5431

thank you for your very positive and joyfull respones!
zwft

my investments

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

Don’t understand why you make your item list public. The more people who buy the same stuff to sell later, what you use to make profit with will take you harder/longer to sell. Because people see they make profit and list a few k of them so you need to be quick or wait really long to sell yours. (As far I know)

Or there will be more post with people saying: “Hey buy this item because it’s cheap now and sells for profit later” i think at least. (Can be wrong)

Asuran race is the best… +
Fluttershy #1 :)

my investments

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: NibriAyid.3680

NibriAyid.3680

How did you guess tier 4 material will go up in price?

At the moment I’m guessing T4 is higher because of the Crown Pavillion farming. Most people farm with L80s, so NO T4 drops at all. I also notice an increase in demand for all T2-4 mats when the patch went live, so my guess is a bunch of people wanted to craft-level up some alts to take part in the farming.

my investments

in Black Lion Trading Co

zwft.5431

Hi all,

In my post i said: trading is not really a social thing.
I posted the list of items i invested in, just to share it, nothing more.
I wanted to share the fun i have in trading.

Like i said, it’s my first mmo, i didn’t know nothing about it… i played the game and discovered trading. Now it’s the only thing i do because i am not at the age of fast fights and dungeon running. I just wondered… how much gold can you make? So, making gold is a game for me. If i am not exited about it anymore, i will delete my account and give the gold to my guild or somthing like that.

I just looked at the stats and bought items because they where low on price. It’s that simple and maybe that stupid. Who knows…

btw… if you want a screenshot, just if you don’t believe i really bought all the items, i will post it

zwft

(edited by zwft.5431)

my investments

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

I’ve invested about 220g myself in something. It’s quite long term, but has a huge potential when I look back on other items that had the same thing happen to it.

my investments

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I think that T5 mats are THE best way to invest. Why? Because you have two different outs that the market provides.

Buy and selling purely T5 mats right now will be profitable. But should someone be impatient, or prices don’t spike as expected, there’s another option: crafting them. There’s huge profits to be made if you take T5s, and turn them into Rare Greatswords. The market is still strong for these, and will be for a while.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!