omega golem solution?

omega golem solution?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thoughtless.7148

Thoughtless.7148

just make them bound after the duplication exploit is patched up.

they are MFd items after all

return them to the seller like u did with explorer gears and leave them account bound

the only ones who won’t like this were those who knew about the bug and didn’t report it, instead deciding to try and make as much money as possible while acting like their hands weren’t dirty.

After all…not one single person could ever have a use for 2000 omega siege golems, that couldn’t be done through the old methods before all blueprints were unbound.

since it would be troublesome to track the flow of all the blueprints between exploiting guild members, friends, alt accounts, etc. this is a clean, simple solution.

ban the obvious dupers and launderers, of course, and remove the potential for ill gotten gains.

(edited by Thoughtless.7148)

omega golem solution?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I saw 50 omega zergs before blueprints were tradeable. So even 2000 omegas would be gone in a month or two.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

omega golem solution?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thoughtless.7148

Thoughtless.7148

its many tens of thousands around because of the dupe, ive just heard talk in game of several people with between 500-2000.

your example is entirely irrelevant as the problem is the gold aspect, these were duped for profit, not to win in wvw.

to amass the 7500 supplies to build your supposed 50 golem army would take a very long time and most(the majority of servers) aren’t stupid/arrogant enough to resort to that level of overkill. i can pose grossly exaggerated examples too, if you want…

the point of making them bound is to greatly limit the possibility for legitimate profit for those who abused this and wont get banned. if they want to do drop trades in game that is, of course, at their discretion.

Anet should not enable them to sell off their hundreds/thousands of illegitimate items.

I would say this is the most reasonable solution since it allows them to keep what they purchased, without regard to their intention. Those that bought golems to use them scored, and those who bought them to resell for immense profit will be greatly inconvenienced but still be able to make profit if they choose to do so.

omega golem solution?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

That was 45 omegas I think. Fun night

A L T S
Skritt Happens

omega golem solution?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I know how people can reduce a stock. Buy at least one Omega Golem per day and destroy it. If enough people do that even a stock of 100k will deplete fast.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

omega golem solution?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I’m remembering a cartoon TV show I saw when I was little… a bully at school used all the quarters he stole from kids to buy everyone’s copy of one crappy baseball card. His plan was to destroy all but one, then sell that one for a fortune because it would be the only one left.

omega golem solution?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

They could make a golem mastery. I think this would increase golem demand once again.