permenant trade post pickup contract cantsell

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

this is legit my first day in gw2 and i am the luckiest noob on earth, i opened a black lion chest and got this ridiculous scroll worth like 300 gold coins…..and i cant sell it because the sell cost for the lion corp is like 9-11 gold coins……i mean cant you just subtract the cost from my purchase?? that makes total sense to me….it feels weird that i have to make 9 gold coins….so that i can get my ridiculous stack of like several 100 gold coins from selling this scroll.

its called “permenant trading post pick up contract” btw

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Listing fee makes total sense to me. Otherwise, you could list it for “free” and then if you withdraw it, you never paid the tax.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

but you also would not have profited from it so in the end, no bounce no play

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

The problem is that it would allow people to use the TP as a storage by putting in things at a ridiculous price. And considering that ANet is selling bank space for Gems, it’s going to stay that way.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: goldi.3129

goldi.3129

The problem is that it would allow people to use the TP as a storage by putting in things at a ridiculous price. And considering that ANet is selling bank space for Gems, it’s going to stay that way.

The other problem would be that you wouldn’t have to think about the prizes at which you put up your items. If you list an item at an fatanstic prize which noone is willing to pay it hurts you as you have to relist at a more reasonable rate.
There would also be a constant undercutting, as everyone would simply cancel their offer once they aren’t lowest seller and relist again to be the cheapest one.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Max.4786

Max.4786

Duke Nukem.6783 This is not cool.

Out of goodwill, I offered to mail you 11 gold so that you can list the item on TP. All I asked for is for you to fulfill my buy order.

You agreed, so I did what I promised, I sent you the 11 gold.
and of cos, you ran away with the money and blocked me.

You must be laughing at me right now…
But is it really worth it to sell your soul for some cheap virtual currency? Is that what your moral value is worth?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

Duke Nukem.6783 This is not cool.

Out of goodwill, I offered to mail you 11 gold so that you can list the item on TP. All I asked for is for you to fulfill my buy order.

You agreed, so I did what I promised, I sent you the 11 gold.
and of cos, you ran away with the money and blocked me.

You must be laughing at me right now…
But is it really worth it to sell your soul for some cheap virtual currency? Is that what your moral value is worth?

maybe that was his plan all along.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Of course this was the plan. The statistical likelihood of someone getting a rare item like this on their first day, by opening a black lion chest they just happen to know how to get the key for.. and that they understand the economics of the game well enough..

Didn’t the lack of any capital letters in Duke’s message give it away?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Of course this was the plan. The statistical likelihood of someone getting a rare item like this on their first day, by opening a black lion chest they just happen to know how to get the key for.. and that they understand the economics of the game well enough..

Didn’t the lack of any capital letters in Duke’s message give it away?

You can also add them to your friends list and double check their achievement points to verify that it is their first day. Regardless, I would not trust a new player with that much money.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LFk.1408

LFk.1408

Everyone learns once the hard way. At least you didn’t lose much.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

Seems like one of two things needs to happen. Either these types of posts aren’t allowed to be made at all (and if they are they result in a temp. ban) or people that scam in this way get punished in the same way and forced to give the money back.

With the way it is currently, people are allowed to post on here in attempts to scam people AND they are allowed to keep the stolen money with no threat of repercussion. That makes no sense to me.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RvLeshrac.2673

RvLeshrac.2673

Seems like one of two things needs to happen. Either these types of posts aren’t allowed to be made at all (and if they are they result in a temp. ban) or people that scam in this way get punished in the same way and forced to give the money back.

With the way it is currently, people are allowed to post on here in attempts to scam people AND they are allowed to keep the stolen money with no threat of repercussion. That makes no sense to me.

Well, if you’re dumb enough to send them money…

They should be banned, of course, but ANet already made the policy pretty clear:

a) Report, and they’ll do what they can once they have enough reports.
b) Don’t do this in the first place because IT IS ALWAYS A SCAM.
c) IT WILL NEVER NOT BE A SCAM. THIS IS ALWAYS A SCAM.
d) STOP FALLING FOR THIS CRAP BECAUSE IT IS ALWAYS A SCAM.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

if you aren’t making money by grinding something built into the game then you won’t get banned.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

Well, if you’re dumb enough to send them money…

They should be banned, of course, but ANet already made the policy pretty clear:

a) Report, and they’ll do what they can once they have enough reports.
b) Don’t do this in the first place because IT IS ALWAYS A SCAM.
c) IT WILL NEVER NOT BE A SCAM. THIS IS ALWAYS A SCAM.
d) STOP FALLING FOR THIS CRAP BECAUSE IT IS ALWAYS A SCAM.

I understand you shouldn’t do it, that’s why I don’t. But by them allowing these types of threads AND not banning people that scam others, they are facilitating this behavior.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.