precursor STILL too expensive

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Booler.6598

Booler.6598

So I thought increasing drop chance would be a good thing but I see that for about a week the price on these dropped greatly the supply got chewed up and now the price is higher than before.

390g for dusk is crazy , I know you can tell me places and ways to farm which I do already , my guildies got dusk first pop after getting 400 weaponsmith and crafts exotics and putting them into forge.so essentially that’s a 350g drop . It hurts I can spend so much time farming and achieve half of the gold of his 1 second of luck.

Anet said scavenger hunt, surly increased drop rate doesn’t refer to this,
Does anyone know of any intended changes coming because the more links I search the more confused I get. I would love to see a set recipe come into place but who knows.

Always in all ways

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TabMorte.5297

TabMorte.5297

The only way to lower the prices of items is to not pay for them. The BLTP is a capitalist market with only 1 rule – you can’t sell cheaper than it costs. Beyond that the only limit to the price is what people are willing to pay for it.

So if a precurser is selling for 400g that’s not anything that Anet has established or even anything to complain to them about. Complain to the players who pay it.

Alternately, buy a bunch of cheap exotics and throw those in the forge…. then make a thread when you don’t get what you want like everyone else does, or cheer as you make 390 on the market yourself.

Golemancy 101: total and complete catastrophic
failure is still a monumental success, assuming
losses remain within acceptable parameters.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

try putting buy orders. not everyone has 400g to throw around.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

its just what happens when people control the market.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

Precursors are NOT expensive. Certain precursors are expensive i.e. dusk, dawn, legend, spark etc. Others are “junk” e.g. venom and sell for marginally more than other exotics.

The solution would be to have the mystic forge (or loot drop) have given a precursor type weapon which could be traded in for the one the one that people want, thus normalizing the price of precursors. Sadly we see a market where a handful of weapons are causing outrage as to the price….

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

people are just hording the rare items.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Once we find out how Anet will put in that scavenger hunt process, the prices will drop quickly. Sellers will rush to fill all the Buy Orders to score as high a price as possible.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

Once we find out how Anet will put in that scavenger hunt process, the prices will drop quickly. Sellers will rush to fill all the Buy Orders to score as high a price as possible.

… or not. I don’t really think it will be easier to get than before. 100% chance against rnd is always more expensive. So, i expect something like
250x white items of that type + 250x ectos + 100x Gift from Dungeon + Gift of Something Expensive
:)

English is not my native language, sorry :<

in Black Lion Trading Co

Booler.6598

I agree morph it is only certain precursors and I know its cliche that I should be choosing twilight but i wanted at the 3 day headstart and still do so yes it is more dusk/dawn I am refering to. As for an above post I feel I would rather complain to anet as they have the power to change it and they “share pplz concerns” rather than pleading to a mass of ppl across all servers to not buy at these prices, thats kinda impossible.

I see ppl buy order (and yes ofcs I have put in a buy order^) jumping the orders up by 20g when they could just overcut by 1c , this is just unrivaled stupidity.

LOL @ 100 dungeon gifts^

Always in all ways

(edited by Booler.6598)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

Just to respond to your last point, the purpose of increasing the buy order by 20g is more likely to be aimed at inducing someone to sell a precursor at that higher price, rather than just to overcut the existing offers.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: andeysmandey.1647

andeysmandey.1647

I bought dusk 2 days ago for 325g (i made an offer) and got it within 5minutes, that’s not too expensive imo and now i got my twilight.

But you can always wait for welfare precursors.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Underwater precursors are really cheap… probably because hardly anyone wants to waste the resources on a weapon no one can see unless you’re underwater. The wiki doesn’t even say what their effects are..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I bought dusk 2 days ago for 325g (i made an offer) and got it within 5minutes, that’s not too expensive imo and now i got my twilight.

^

Seriously, when someone puts up 400g for a dusk on TP, it’s not that that’s your only source of dusk in the market. Try putting up 300g (which I think is a fair price for it right now.) and you might just be lucky enough for your buy order to be filled.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Are you on welfare? No one could farm 325g legit when he has a job (unless he buys gems but for dusk that’s about 200 euro in gems)

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Avatara.1042

I cannot believe I just saw some guy say welfare precursors without sarcasm…

in Black Lion Trading Co

ezd.6359

LOL @ 100 dungeon gifts^

Yes, that was a joke, but…
1) They need something to identify recipes – 250x pieces of item type (orichalcum blades for example)
2) 250x Ectos – nice resource, you can buy it, salvage, etc.
3) Utilize a lot of low level resources. Let’s make a gift of “pure” metal (/other resources) = 250x metal1+250x metal2+250x metal3+250x metal4
4) I look at icy runestones and i think 100 gold is ok for arena.net, they will make 4th component a Gift of Trolling – N amount icyicy runerunestones.
5) They made precursors very rare, very low chance from MF recipes for a reason. So, they will not break it (otherwise they could buf %). Then scavenging hunt should be either one time use or expensive recipe.

I think they will put precursors recipe into a frame 100-150 gold depended on materials from market.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

2) 250x Ectos – nice resource, you can buy it, salvage, etc.

NO NO NO. We have enough ecto dumps in-game. Introducing more is not needed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

ezd.6359

It is better than other resources. They can remove tons of T5 crafting materials from market by implementing it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Then use up all the excess t5 materials instead.

in Black Lion Trading Co

ezd.6359

It is the same since you can craft rare items then salvage them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I always laugh when people cry about precursors prices, when the precursor is the last thing people should be worried about.

Do you guys have any idea on the cost for the other items? Lodestones, shards, dyes, or t6 mats? Metals?

you want lower precursor prices? Well then I must ask you first, why do you want a legendary? Cause it looks cool and no one has it? Well if we drop the prices to make it affordable to everyone, then that just doesn’t look right, does it? That would force Arenanet to make another tier above legendary status, and based on the reaction of ascended items, that wouldn’t go so well.

Then again, I’m biased, cause I have a legendary myself.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

I always laugh when people cry about precursors prices, when the precursor is the last thing people should be worried about.

Do you guys have any idea on the cost for the other items? Lodestones, shards, dyes, or t6 mats? Metals?

you want lower precursor prices? Well then I must ask you first, why do you want a legendary? Cause it looks cool and no one has it? Well if we drop the prices to make it affordable to everyone, then that just doesn’t look right, does it? That would force Arenanet to make another tier above legendary status, and based on the reaction of ascended items, that wouldn’t go so well.

But of course! The precursor IS the main part for the legendary. You say it’s not? Fool. Once you get the precursor you are relieved. Because after you get it you have all the time in the world to farm the rest of the parts. And that’s what people are doing.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

It will be a scevenger hunt, I dont think it will involve any items currently ingame.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Booler.6598

Unfortunatly I did it in reverse and now precursor is my last frontier, and due to the heavy farming nerfs and inflating prices the difference between me getting my legendary and someone months ago could be 500g + . Ok yes i am complaining about the cost, I work all day and have limited time at night I couldn’t be at lost shore for the final event.I’m not saying I would have got a precursor but a chance at one would have been nice.

Try telling me a full time worker won’t spend as much on gems as an unemployed yet it still favours ppl with more time than others ,and it really doesn’t have to be that way. Would it impact negatively on the economy by putting a price cap on these items?

Always in all ways

(edited by Booler.6598)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chrollo.3516

Chrollo.3516

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TehMoonRulz.7064

TehMoonRulz.7064

Are you on welfare? No one could farm 325g legit when he has a job (unless he buys gems but for dusk that’s about 200 euro in gems)

It’s pretty easy to get a gold an evening as a casual player running in a guild. So that’s less than a year for THE BEST TIER/SKIN in the game. Dedication, do you have it?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chrollo.3516

Chrollo.3516

I have to agree with Vol. Legendary Weapons are legendary only because not everyone can get them. I (unlike this lucky guy) don’t have a legendary but am trying to get one. ANet said from the beginning that legendaries would be hard to get, a goal that not everyone will be able to achieve, and that you would have to work for a LONG time to get one (harsh reality kicking in). If you want legendaries that are easy to get go play WoW. But if you want an item that is truly legendary this is the game for you. Also, precursor prices will cap off eventually. Most likely at the point where using the mystic forge and tons of cheap GS’s will cost less money than dawn or dusk on the market. Just be patient, if the Christmas event is anything like lost shore the prices of precursors will fall (until then save up some cash).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Me too. I’m nowhere near a legendary, and I definitely don’t want it easier. I still haven’t actually seen one in person yet, and that’s awesome. I do not want Lion’s Arch filled with people carrying Twilight.

Legendaries are just that. Legendary. And not in the Pokemon sense.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dogblaster.6713

Dogblaster.6713

Legendary weapons are ment to be LONG TERM gold. Something that takes year for avarage player.

You are all chasing Dusk, The Legend, Dawn, which are the most demanded precursors and thats is the reason why the price is so high.

Those who are selling precrors know that YOU want them so badly that players will eventually buy them. If there wasnt so big demand for these 3 precrursors, price would drop.

High demand = High price

Players set up the price. Stop complaining here. Your scavanger hunt is comming .. soo shh

P.S.: I have a friend that have EVERY single gift for his Bifrost, Legendary staff for like one month .. hes only missing the precursor and hes saving up the money for it. But he doesnt complain about the prices, he knows that the price for the best, the most unique, and rares weapon skin ingame.

Legendary weapons are not called Legendary so you can call for nerfs and lower prices. Work for it, I bought mine precursor also and I didnt need to create topic about me wanting it cheaper so I can have the legendary now.

P.S.: I see players with Legendary weapons everywhere .. IN 3 MONTHS OF THE GAME. I just went AC with ranger that got Dreamer, full cultural tier 3 and also ascended back and he got 600 hours played.

How much easy you want Legendary to be? Level 80 today, Legendary next week/month? Come on.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Booler.6598

I didn’t ever say I wanted easy mode legendary after all I have all 3 gifts which has taken a lot of time effort and gold/farming so now I need a precursor. So people whom bought dusk for 100-200g a while back are telling me not to complain , they are not the ones faced with the rising prices.so has that got anything to do with “difficulty”? Or getting a precursor with minimal attempts at the forge again reference to “difficulty”? Having time to be at lost shore event for the chest the only difficulty for me was being online at a time that i couldnt possibly be online.
If anything I will have twice the workload to earn my legendary over someone that has more time or more luck than me. So no it has nothing to do with being difficult to get and everything to do with circumstances.

Always in all ways

in Black Lion Trading Co

Dogblaster.6713

I didn’t ever say I wanted easy mode legendary after all I have all 3 gifts which has taken a lot of time effort and gold/farming so now I need a precursor. So people whom bought dusk for 100-200g a while back are telling me not to complain , they are not the ones faced with the rising prices.so has that got anything to do with “difficulty”? Or getting a precursor with minimal attempts at the forge again reference to “difficulty”? Having time to be at lost shore event for the chest the only difficulty for me was being online at a time that i couldnt possibly be online.
If anything I will have twice the workload to earn my legendary over someone that has more time or more luck than me. So no it has nothing to do with being difficult to get and everything to do with circumstances.

Only because you didnt buy your precursor cheap like some other players did give you right to complain? You know what ? I didnt become rich like those people after revolution. So I have now right to demand things to cost less? … hmm

you will have your scavanger hunt soon, so whats wrong? The game is up for 3 months and you want your legendary now even when it was supposed to take a year and you think Anet will listen to you? Hope not

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Karan Patel.4829

Karan Patel.4829

I don’t have a Legendary, and won’t be getting one for a long time, but the fact that grinding or dishing out real cash are probably the only sure fire ways of getting money is ridiculous, especially for a game that is supposed to break the grinding mold. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love the game, and do not mind grind, but they have severely imbalanced drop rates to the point that Fractals are the only grind worth spending time on. If I was able to farm Orr or normal dungeons and get the same drop rates, I would be fine with that, but that is not the case.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Karan Patel.4829

Karan Patel.4829

Also, for the people that say to make a cheaper legendary, half of the legendaries don’t even look legendary. There areexotics thatlookway better. Obviously the precursors for the best looking legendaries will be high. Again, not a problem if there wasn’t basically one place to farm efficiently (relatively of course) without having to gamble on the MF or play the TP

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Well then I must ask you first, why do you want a legendary? Cause it looks cool and no one has it? Well if we drop the prices to make it affordable to everyone, then that just doesn’t look right, does it?

Those are two different reasons. I don’t really think people who want a cool weapon necessarily care about how many other people have one (like the ones who just want to lord it over other players because it’s rare).

I have to agree with Vol. Legendary Weapons are legendary only because not everyone can get them.

I’m pretty sure they’re legendary because they have a bunch of special effects no other weapons have.

ANet said from the beginning that legendaries would be hard to get, a goal that not everyone will be able to achieve, and that you would have to work for a LONG time to get one (harsh reality kicking in).\

On the other hand, people had them within weeks of release, so much for working for a long time to get one…

(edited by Hyper Cutter.9376)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Dogblaster.6713

Well then I must ask you first, why do you want a legendary? Cause it looks cool and no one has it? Well if we drop the prices to make it affordable to everyone, then that just doesn’t look right, does it?

Those are two different reasons. I don’t really think people who want a cool weapon necessarily care about how many other people have one (like the ones who just want to lord it over other players because it’s rare).

You are wrong then. Players wants legendary weapons mostly for one reason: to become unique and STAND OUT from other players. Almost everyone. I would never go for Legendary if every second player had it, it would lost everything it stand for. It was supposed to be the most rare, unique weapon in the game. Only 5% population should have it.

You give Legendary to more people, to everyone. It wont be Legendary anymore.

No thank you.

Areanet wants Legendaries to take 1 YEAR for avarage player (with work, family, etc)

You want your Legendary in 2-3 months, prepare to quit your job or school for that.

SO CAN YOU PLEASE stop complaining about not having it in 3 months please? 9 more months to go for you…

(edited by Dogblaster.6713)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kiko.4230

kiko.4230

If the things keep up like that on TP ull see ,Dusk.Kudzu,etc going to be 500g+ in a month,2,3.
Anet need to do something about this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Dogblaster.6713

If the things keep up like that on TP ull see ,Dusk.Kudzu,etc going to be 500g+ in a month,2,3.
Anet need to do something about this.

Nope .. I dont think they do.

Scavanger hunt is on the way, for those who dont like mystic forge or TP way. Be patient please.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: andeysmandey.1647

andeysmandey.1647

No, i’m just good at making gold. i took me around 200 hours played to get twilight.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

No, i’m just good at making gold. i took me around 200 hours played to get twilight.

I like that tone, we’ll get nerfed too eventually (200h+ – here as well)
Thinking on getting another legendary before it’s too late XD

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

So you took the welfare route?

You may be good at making gold, but I’m better at making gems

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

There should be another wave of cheap precursors soon both from the Christmas ebents and the karka reward fix. after this the scavenger hunt will be implimented which should serve to bring prices crashing down. in other words, this .is now a waiting game. relax you will have one eventually

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

If you want to complain about the costs of anything, you should be complaining about the costs of T6 materials. The precursor is arguably cheaper these days, with few exceptions. :P

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Booler.6598

I do, and i think ppl are misunderstanding me.ppl with a lot of time 3-4 months for leg average player 12 months as dog pointed out,now for the average player the finish line keeps moving forward due to the prices therefore its taking even longer and expensive to achieve. So its in no way equal for one player to another , sure clovers are rng that’s fine but that ideally should be the only variable. How is it fair to have a person that can’t spend as much time pays 100% more cost than someone that does have the time (for the same legendary), imo I think regardless of how much time you dedicate you should both have the same finish line.
Eg set precursor prices or recipes.
And am I not allowed to complain if all i want equality,like ppl basically saying stop complaining you can’t make it at the price I did ,its not constructive don’t post here

Always in all ways

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

The best idea I’ve seen in this thread is the idea that there would be recipes for precursors that use other precursors. If you could somehow get Dusk from the trident precursor (or whatever) that would definitely help even the prices out.

Of course, then you’d just have 300g precursors for everything, so maybe that wouldn’t help as much.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

You can easily make 6-8g per hour by farming some specific spots. In one month you could get around 360-480g by playing 2 hours per day which isn’t that hard to pull off, i realize it’s not something most people enjoy doing though.

Basically you could get a cheap legendary (underwater/howler/ministrel) in half a month if you already started stacking karma jugs. A decently priced one would take 2, an expensive one two and an half.

If you know how to play the market, it’s even faster.

There’s an high chance the scavenger hunt will actually either make the price of the precursor drop or stabilize it once and for all which could either reduce the time, slightly increase it, or stabilize it as of now)

In all honesty, i’d say by playing really casually (doing a bit of dungeons, grinding, wvw) 6-8 month for the most expensive ones is pretty much accurate as long as you know how to manage your money smartly.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!