refunds for gemstore items?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tinymurder.5791

tinymurder.5791

I just came back after a brief hiatus from game to discover that all my townclothes were gone. I had seen the posts about the upcoming wardrobe implementation, but didn’t recall seeing anything about this drastic change to townclothes. So, it came as a bit of a shock to discover that the majority of my purchases over the last 21 months had been turned into potions, skins and complete outfits that can’t be mix-n-matched. I can’t dye or mix up a number of items I purchased to make specific outfits. The skins take the place of actual armor pieces. Armor pieces that I like to see when I’m in armor. Lastly the outfits can be mixed with other outfits or townclothes. My wife made an awesome combo with the Winter Outfit and the Bloody Prince head piece, to dress her male necro as the Joker. We paid money for items that we could dye all sorts of colors and wear in different combinations. These possibilities are why we purchased them and they’ve been taken away.

My question is this:

Has anyone tried to get a refund for all the items they bought from the gemstore that are no longer working as intended?

I’m not even mad anymore. Okay, maybe a little, but only a little. I’m really more sad/resigned to the idea that the wife and I will be stuck with a boatload of potions/skins that we will never use.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

I just came back after a brief hiatus from game to discover that all my townclothes were gone. I had seen the posts about the upcoming wardrobe implementation, but didn’t recall seeing anything about this drastic change to townclothes. So, it came as a bit of a shock to discover that the majority of my purchases over the last 21 months had been turned into potions, skins and complete outfits that can’t be mix-n-matched. I can’t dye or mix up a number of items I purchased to make specific outfits. The skins take the place of actual armor pieces. Armor pieces that I like to see when I’m in armor. Lastly the outfits can be mixed with other outfits or townclothes. My wife made an awesome combo with the Winter Outfit and the Bloody Prince head piece, to dress her male necro as the Joker. We paid money for items that we could dye all sorts of colors and wear in different combinations. These possibilities are why we purchased them and they’ve been taken away.

My question is this:

Has anyone tried to get a refund for all the items they bought from the gemstore that are no longer working as intended?

I’m not even mad anymore. Okay, maybe a little, but only a little. I’m really more sad/resigned to the idea that the wife and I will be stuck with a boatload of potions/skins that we will never use.

^

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Customer-Support-and-the-Feature-Pack/first

(Read the first post in this thread, it answers everything you want to know regarding the changes, and the refund process for all items you are not satisfied with.)

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tinymurder.5791

tinymurder.5791

Thank you so very much.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They’re very fast now. I have friends that waited days or even a couple of weeks for their refund when they submitted as part of the initial flood post-patch, but I waited to May 11 to see if I wanted to keep stuff. I got my refund on the 13th, I believe, and it was a lot of gems (though I don’t believe anywhere near the total I’ve purchased, but then, I have bought other things besides town clothes and armor).

I wrote out a list of exactly what I had, item by item, and how many of each, and how many of those I wanted refunded. I asked them to verify my purchases as I hadn’t really kept track of how many riding pants I bought for alts, etc, and didn’t want to get a refund for something I wasn’t entitled to. And it only took them a day.