remove repair canister from blc

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

i got a lion key from map clearing today, always excites me. but one of my reward items was a repair canister (the other was a ticket scrap so im NOT complaining!) but it just seems to me that these are totally useless items now bcuz of the repair costs being gone so i feel they should be removed from lion chests

oh and btw….DO NOT say they arnt useless bcuz they let u repair ur armor from anywehere…..we already have that it is called *open wvw tab ->go to any map ->repair -> go back)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Can the instance owner of a dungeon or fractals do this? How about if there is a long queue time for WvW?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Their purpose is to be able to repair without going anywhere. That’s the service you are buying. Yes you didn’t buy it directly but BLTC are Gem Shop sample boxes with a chance of lottery ticket.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

These items may still have a use, but they are seriously devalued. I’m more offended at getting 50 luck as a drop from ones I purchased with real cash. LOL That won’t even make my MF bar visibly move.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

Even when you had to pay for armor repair it wasn’t that expensive (11.48 silver for a full level 80 repair). A single repair canister is 70 gems and 300 gems for 5. Current gem prices are 9.18 gold for 100 gems. That means the single canister would cost 6.42 gold and the set of 5 was 5.508 gold per use. With real money, one was $0.87 USD and the set was $0.75 USD per use

If you look at it this way, the canisters were always about convenience and the whether or not there is an armor repair cost doesn’t matter.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

While we are at it, why don’t we remove anything that isn’t a makeover kit, BLSK, tickets (remove the scraps please, too broken) or permanent contracts?

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Would you rather have a Mysterious Tonic in place of Repair Canister? C’mon now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

+1 to Astral’s explanation
Repair canisters should only be used in places like final bosses in dungeons – where you can’t repair. same for reviver orb.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Repair canisters should only be used in places like final bosses in dungeons – where you can’t repair. same for reviver orb.

Revive orbs are rather handy in JPs too, so you don’t have to wp your sorry butt out and start all over. (Guess who learned this the hard way?)

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Duke Nukem.6783

Can the instance owner of a dungeon or fractals do this? How about if there is a long queue time for WvW?

ever seen all 4 wvw maps fill up? no never, and i am unsympathetic to keeping repair canisters in the game if the only ones who need them r the in 50,000 ppl who start a fractal AND fail miserably at it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Duke Nukem.6783

While we are at it, why don’t we remove anything that isn’t a makeover kit, BLSK, tickets (remove the scraps please, too broken) or permanent contracts?

what you have done here is stretch my argument to cover topics it was not originally discussing and then critisizing the result. this is an illogical and unethical way of argueing a point. i like most of the items in the chest (including revive orbs) but repair canisters have almost no point to me or the majority of players anymore

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Seerstrange.4723

Seerstrange.4723

Revive orbs a used only to go to jail in rata imo.

Anet give us new skills!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

ever seen all 4 wvw maps fill up? no never, and i am unsympathetic to keeping repair canisters in the game if the only ones who need them r the in 50,000 ppl who start a fractal AND fail miserably at it.

Ever seen all 4 WvW maps fill up?

Actually, yes. For hours at a time.

As to whether or not they are useful, you think no and that’s your opinion. It doesn’t mean other people share it. Obviously others still find them useful, even if they are only the 50,000 people who start fractals AND fail miserably that you have expressed a lack of sympathy (and contempt) for.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

Repair Canisters seem pretty redundant now that repairs are even more trivial.

Perhaps it would be better to remove armour damage altogether? It’s now an annoyance rather than any real penalty.
To balance this, ressing should only work on Downed allies; Defeated will need to WP (or use Res Orbs).

On the other side of the coin, if armour damage is designed to be a penalty of sort, and this concept is set in stone, then make it real, for example:
one damaged piece = 6th rune slot bonus no longer effective
three damaged = 4th, 5th, 6th slot bonii gone until repair.

Right now, the canisters are just more inventory pollution and I too would be peeved to get one from a BLC.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Perhaps it would be better to remove armour damage altogether? It’s now an annoyance rather than any real penalty.

It is still a penalty to anyone in fractals, in WvW (without a WP/services a long battle could potentially leave people armorless). Also it is a penalty if you don’t have a repair NPC nearby on a map.

To balance this, ressing should only work on Downed allies; Defeated will need to WP (or use Res Orbs).

Do you have any idea how this would effect so many areas of the game? WvW, leveling in PvE, falling down a cliff/JP near a friend, etc. Also since they made armor repair free, Anet’s economy balancer was to reduce event rewards. You are adding an additional cost (being forced to WP) for no reason and with no counter balance.

On the other side of the coin, if armour damage is designed to be a penalty of sort, and this concept is set in stone, then make it real, for example:

This already happens when your armor is broken.

Right now, the canisters are just more inventory pollution and I too would be peeved to get one from a BLC.

Well you can just delete them if you don’t want them. I’m sure many people have no use for tonics, others with many of the boosters, etc. It’s really down to personal preference. Anet already lowered their price because they admitted that their use is more niche now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

If you die 6 times, 7 with a backpiece equipped, your armor then breaks and you do start to lose rune bonuses. Repair canisters are anything but useless and redundant, especially if you’re running high level fractals or happen to be on the small side of a WvW map. Neither one you want to willingly leave just to repair your armor.
They’re also extremely useful when you’re on a hardcapped map doing a massive farming “event” with your guild and dont want to waypoint somewhere to repair because it will take too long to do so and return to farming.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Erich.1783

Erich.1783

I wish we could just sell the things we don’t need/use back to the gemstore, at half the lowest rate, so a repair canister would get you 15 gems (lowest rate is 5/150 = 30 ea, 1/2 = 15) I have a chest full of boosts that I don’t use often, if I could get some gems out of them it would encourage me to spend a bit to get the extra I might need to get things I really want.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

i got a lion key from map clearing today, always excites me. but one of my reward items was a repair canister (the other was a ticket scrap so im NOT complaining!) but it just seems to me that these are totally useless items now bcuz of the repair costs being gone so i feel they should be removed from lion chests

oh and btw….DO NOT say they arnt useless bcuz they let u repair ur armor from anywehere…..we already have that it is called *open wvw tab ->go to any map ->repair -> go back)

It still may be useful in FotM.

Or if you don’t want to take the walk of shame though the Heart of the Mists on fractals.

Funny thing is the only reason why I still have so many is because I forget I have them.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

If you die 6 times, 7 with a backpiece equipped, your armor then breaks and you do start to lose rune bonuses. Repair canisters are anything but useless and redundant, especially if you’re running high level fractals or happen to be on the small side of a WvW map. Neither one you want to willingly leave just to repair your armor.

I can’t speak to fractals, but how often do you die 7 times in WvW without WPing?

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

Idk, we’re not talking about a lot of high quality items except for one low quality one in the BL chests. Except for maybe the tickets and scraps it could be argued that ALL the items are low quality. For example there are the mystery tonics, the trading posts (if you aren’t a flipper), the tomes of knowledge if you don’t have alts to level, the various boosters that give you some low level boost. So why single this one out? When you got your key you should have known ahead of time you would most likely get junk. If you are key running then it was free. If you are paying gold or real money well, all I can say (besides “why?”) is caveat emptor. You knew it was likely to be junk going in.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

I wish we could just sell the things we don’t need/use back to the gemstore, at half the lowest rate, so a repair canister would get you 15 gems (lowest rate is 5/150 = 30 ea, 1/2 = 15) I have a chest full of boosts that I don’t use often, if I could get some gems out of them it would encourage me to spend a bit to get the extra I might need to get things I really want.

You bought a bunch of Whitman Sampler’s and don’t like the cream and jelly filled. You can’t return those and get credit for more nut filled ones.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Erich.1783

I did not say that I thought it would happen, just that it would be nice to be able to get something for the, imo, junk that I get in BL chests.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

But BL chests were always samplers of Gem Store items. Most of which I’m not interested in. Only after the introduction of skin tickets in one form or another until they settled on the current method that players in an attempt to get enough tickets end up with a bucket load of Gem Store items.

You either paid your money for the sampler and/or for the chance of getting a skin ticket or scrap. You got what you paid for in one form or another.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Erich.1783

Never said I did not, and nothing in my original post sounded like me complaining, I was merely stating a wish, no real need for you to tell me that it is not going to happen, or why it is not going to happen, as I am fully aware of what the situation is. The key phrase is I wish, which expresses a desire for something that is generally beyond normal expectations, thus implying that I understood going in that it was not going to happen and in no way indicating that I thought Anet would/should do this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Then what is the point of bringing up the suggestion that you could sell back unwanted Gem Shop items in the first place?

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Erich.1783

Just a wish that I felt like sharing, possibly you live somewhere that people are not free to just share their wishes, or where it is considered necessary to tell them that their wishes will never come true, sorry about that.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

In all my time playing, if I used one or two repair canisters to actually repair, that would be a lot. The same goes for revive orbs. They just go into the bank and sit. I have 41 repair canisters

What would be great would be to change the icon. It’s shared between the air strike grenades which get’s a bit annoying.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Erich.1783

One thing is that all the BL chest boosts and such could be added to the wallet. The ability to use them whenever wherever on whichever character might lead to them being used more, which could end up with people deciding they are not useless and possibly even buying some every now and again.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

One thing is that all the BL chest boosts and such could be added to the wallet. The ability to use them whenever wherever on whichever character might lead to them being used more, which could end up with people deciding they are not useless and possibly even buying some every now and again.

That’s a thought.

Mine now sit in my bank. Unless I think I’m really going to want a particular one, I don’t get it out of the bank, so they are underused. Even the times they could be useful, I don’t think of them or don’t have time to make a special trip to the bank. Who wants to clog up their character’s inventory with all the various boosts?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

It’s a bit late but yes, the instance owner can go to character screen (NOT logout) and then enter back in the game with the same character. You can go repair before heading back.

So to me the repair canister is now useless

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

Have you ever done WvW or dungeons? Repair NPC is in all 4 borders, everyone in a dungeon/fractal can leave to repair.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Have you ever done WvW or dungeons? Repair NPC is in all 4 borders, everyone in a dungeon/fractal can leave to repair.

What part of not stopping what you are doing to travel somewhere else to get repaired and returning you are not grasping? If I’m zerging in WvW from objective to objective, being rezzed in the field, I would want an item to repair my now damaged armor before it loses it’s effectiveness. Everytime you die in WvW doesn’t mean you will waypoint to rez or even waypoint to a local with a repair NPC.

That’s why they have purpose. It’s to save time, hence a convenience item, which is one of the stock and trade of the Gem Shop.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Duke Nukem.6783

What part of not stopping what you are doing to travel somewhere else to get repaired and returning you are not grasping? If I’m zerging in WvW from objective to objective, being rezzed in the field, I would want an item to repair my now damaged armor before it loses it’s effectiveness. Everytime you die in WvW doesn’t mean you will waypoint to rez or even waypoint to a local with a repair NPC.

That’s why they have purpose. It’s to save time, hence a convenience item, which is one of the stock and trade of the Gem Shop.

ok first off u only need to repair armor once it breaks, it loses no effectivness before it breaks, from your post its not obvious that u knew that

second: a mildly convenient item does not justify its continued existence its so niche and so useless to so many people that a few people who are too lazy to take 3 seconds and repair are not enough to offset the majority of people who now think “why does this thing still exist”

i admit its not as useless as the trait reset stones that now sit in my bank waiting to be refunded but its pretty close

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

Actually the instance owner can leave fotm at any time and repair without going to wvw same for dungeons. The instance only gets destroyed if you switch characters or leave party.

The Sickest Guild NA

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

Actually the instance owner can leave fotm at any time and repair without going to wvw same for dungeons. The instance only gets destroyed if you switch characters or leave party.

Good to know. I’m never the instance owner because my connection has a tendency to kick me to character select at inopportune times and I don’t want to mess everyone else up, so I don’t know the details on it.