remove the euro price

remove the euro price

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

as me and many others have said, the price of gems in euro’s is higher then the actual cost in dollars+VAT, the reason has to do with exchange rate.
but for my experience, every time i buy something only with only a dollar price tag the payment system (like paypal) corrects the price according to exchange rate+VAT.

so my suggestion is to remove the euro price tag to let the payment system decide the cost, this is fair for european players and Anet doesn’t have to keep track of exchange rates.

remove the euro price

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I don’t think this has much to do with a choice Anet made. There are laws and regulations for all these sorts of things that basically tell them how they have to act as a corporate citizen in various economic zones when exchanging services and goods for money. I’ve seen the same complaint in other games as well. In fact, I can’t think of a single game where it doesn’t happen.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

remove the euro price

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

You are not the first one to complain about it and you certainly wont be the last. That is how it has been for years. Arenanet isn’t going to change it because the exchange rate isn’t static; just a year ago canada had a higher exchange rate than the U.S, it doesn’t mean the U.S changed the current.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

remove the euro price

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Pretty sure Obtena is right….it’s a legal requirement that this be listed prior to the actual sale.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

remove the euro price

in Black Lion Trading Co

sorudo.9054

i could not response fast enough because of circumstances so here i am correcting the facts.
it has nothing to do with anything legal that you guys are talking about, all it does is to let the payment system figure the exchange out for them self.
perfect world has done this, LOTRO has done this and many others.
they know that european players depend on the exchange rate and instead of making a fixed price that might or might not cheat them from their money, they let the payment system do their work.

marvel heroes has done something different and so has perfect world, they lower the price for european players so even with a fixed price, they never cheat european players with their prices.
this is something i love to see from Anet, they want to stay fair but cheat european players regardless of the exchange rate.

better yet, did you know that what they do is illegal, just because other companies do it doesn’t make it any better, it only shows their unwillingness of adjusting the prices for paying customers.

tl;tr
buy gems with the dollar price attached to it → paypal (or other payment systems) calculates both the exchange rate from dollar to euro/pound → it includes the VAT → european players pay the correct price → Anet makes happy customers → european players are more willing to pay for gems.

remove the euro price

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

They are not going to do it, so I don’t know why you keep trying to argue against yourself, which is essentially what you are doing. They have literally no reason to do anything you said because they can hide behind the excuse that everyone else does it and VAT or whatever.

More people doing release made the QQ and Mike Obrien even made a comment about it on reddit shortly after release.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

remove the euro price

in Black Lion Trading Co

sorudo.9054

and does the whole world watch reddit?
no
also, i don’t argue against my self, that’s what schizophrenic ppl do.

it looks like you’re giving up without a fight, you don’t know me at all if you think i am just gonna watch and let ppl be cheated.
shows how much a “selfish guy” i really am, i at least show backbone and don’t cower under some fake rule.
if Anet has balls then they should show them, show that they dare to acknowledge their own failure, at least admit their own flaws.
but no, they rather ban ppl for no reason, remove posts to hide facts and eventually show their true corrupted side, THAT’S what Anet really is.

remove the euro price

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

It did annoy me, to see the EU prices are exactly the ‘same’ as US, when it should be a little cheaper.

I wish they’d give an ingame option “use US gemstore”. This way players themselves could decide if they want to pay in dollars (which is essentially what happens when you use paypal and it calculates the exchange). Or players who are using other pay option could stick with Euro. But let us players choose.

(maybe it won’t happen, but if we don’t ask, it certainly never will. )