someone willing to give up 2 gold?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Velocity.4950

Velocity.4950

who are these people that sell for so much less and leave the rest to lose profit?

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

Either there trying to play the market, or just somebody that has gold, and doesnt really care.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Field Marshal.7946

Field Marshal.7946

Laziness. Nothing to really see here.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

wut?

laziness is selling to highest bidder….

[SU]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Field Marshal.7946

wut?

laziness is selling to highest bidder….

Laziness is not checking on the lowest price and then undercutting him by 1c. The guy is going to lose out on 2 gold because of his stupidity.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Maximus.8376

Maximus.8376

He’s not going to loose 2g because as you can see no one buys it for even 8g

(edited by Maximus.8376)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

Maximus is right. Potentially with a 2g gap, others are more likely to buy it. If you just undercut by 1c, potentially you’ll get undercut as well. With a 2g gap, a lot of potential sellers have to think if they wanna list at 7.99 or 9.99.

Skullclamp

in Black Lion Trading Co

Field Marshal.7946

Fine, when I go home, I will buy it for 8gp. Then I will repost it for 10.3.99 for a whopping 53.39 silver profit.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

maybe you mean “impatience”?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Field Marshal.7946

maybe you mean “impatience”?

True.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I think it’s more likely that the poster is hoping someone undercuts him by 1c, he will then buy it, de-list his current and sell both for 10g.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Maximus is right. Potentially with a 2g gap, others are more likely to buy it. If you just undercut by 1c, potentially you’ll get undercut as well. With a 2g gap, a lot of potential sellers have to think if they wanna list at 7.99 or 9.99.

Not really. Unless its a fast selling item, most would just undercut him.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

Not really. Unless its a fast selling item, most would just undercut him.

As you say, it depends on how fast the item usually sells for… Those with items listed above his price have to write off a 50s+ listing fee if they want to relist below him, so they may be prepared to just wait till his sells if the demand is there.

While the 1c undercut is very common, it is valid to undercut by other amounts. In this case, the seller probably wasn’t confident that someone would pay 10g for the item, or at least not within the timeframe that they would prefer to sell it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

Since most exotic gear is only worth less than 5-10 silver to a vendor, anything past 15-16 silver is a profit.

Wow, he isn’t going to get 9-something gold out of it, but he is still making close to 160 times the vendor value of it. Quit complaining.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Velocity.4950

Velocity.4950

He’s not going to loose 2g because as you can see no one buys it for even 8g

if you list it, it doesnt mean it’ll be gone instantly.

Since most exotic gear is only worth less than 5-10 silver to a vendor, anything past 15-16 silver is a profit.

Wow, he isn’t going to get 9-something gold out of it, but he is still making close to 160 times the vendor value of it. Quit complaining.

congratulations, u compared an exotic’s worth with the merchant sell price. genius.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ironzerg.3196

ironzerg.3196

He could have done his research on the item, and determined that given the state of the market, no one would actually buy it for 10g, instead listing it at 8g in order to actually sell the item.

Guys, you need to be aware that just because something is LISTED at a certain price does in no way indicate it’ll actually SELL at that price.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

congratulations, u compared an exotic’s worth with the merchant sell price. genius.

Or he just described the seller’s view of the “profit” he makes from selling the item. He (or she) is making a decent amount above what they could receive from vendoring or salvaging the item, and they don’t particularly care about maximising the profit.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Midnight.9205

Midnight.9205

He could have done his research on the item, and determined that given the state of the market, no one would actually buy it for 10g, instead listing it at 8g in order to actually sell the item.

Guys, you need to be aware that just because something is LISTED at a certain price does in no way indicate it’ll actually SELL at that price.

I hear what you’re saying, but on the other hand, there’s always someone out there with plenty of gold, who will simply go buy any listed item at the lowest selling price. Sure, it may be that there aren’t a lot of players like that, but there are some.

Listing the item for 8g, instead of (even say) 9g 99s is just like taking out your virtual coin bag and scattering coins to the wind.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ravion Hawk.4736

Or he just described the seller’s view of the “profit” he makes from selling the item. He (or she) is making a decent amount above what they could receive from vendoring or salvaging the item, and they don’t particularly care about maximising the profit.

Bingo!

I knew someone would understand what I said.

For a better analogy for Velocity to understand, imagine if there was NO trade post and NO way to trade amongst players, you’d be stuck getting only the 5-10 silver for an exotic instead of ANYTHING above it.

Ravion Hawk – Warrior

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

So people complain about people undercutting by 1c, but now they also complain about undercutting by larger meaningful amounts too.

Apparently just to play it safe, you should never sell anything for the lowest price in any situation. You should sell it well above what everyone else is selling for or else you’re a mean person.

Also if the stuff below you all sells, be sure to load up the TP and quickly remove your item while it’s the lowest. Mark it up more next time.

(edited by Minion of Vey.4398)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ravion Hawk.4736

So people complain about people undercutting by 1c, but now they also complain about undercutting by larger meaningful amounts too.

Apparently just to play it safe, you should never sell anything for the lowest price in any situation. You should sell it well above what everyone else is selling for or else you’re a mean person.

Also if the stuff below you all sells, be sure to load up the TP and quickly remove your item while it’s the lowest. Mark it up more next time.

ROFLMFAO!

I feel lucky when I get a rare or exotic drop. I stare at it for 5 mins. Then I get upset that I can’t use it or I that it doesn’t fit my play style. Then I undercut EVERYONE by dropping the price by around 75%.

Makes me feel warm and cuddly cause I got SOME coin out of it.

Ravion Hawk – Warrior

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

you have to also consider the highest buyer price … if i see no one offering more than 6 golds i can consider that no one will buy it for 10g but maybe some one will do for 8

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

I like the logic in this thread.

WTB Dusk, Offering 100g

As far as I am concerned, settling for less than maximum profit is equal to losing money, not gaining less.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fook.3914

Fook.3914

what is 2g? its like 20s now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

I do that with items I don’t want but want a quick sale. Everytime they get sold within half an hour.

Its a TIC-FOR-TAC sale. You either want high profit or quick profit…in the general case you can’t have both.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ravion Hawk.4736

what is 2g? its like 20s now.

You got that right.

My warrior is level 40 using 35 armor until I get to 50. I can not justify dropping 4g on a set of rare 40 gear when I can purchase/craft rare 50 gear for 1g 20s.

Thankfully my guardian can make the rare 50 armor for my warrior.

Ravion Hawk – Warrior

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheBlueI.3486

TheBlueI.3486

who are these people that sell for so much less

someone who things that

• 1g50s60c tax is too much
  • 10g are insane or unfair
  • in the current market situation too few would buy it for 10g
  • people that think 10g is the correct price will buy it and re-list it; yes they will make 53s40c profit (if it sells for 10g) but he will make 6g80s

(edited by TheBlueI.3486)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

This. I sometimes undercut by a large margin just because it will sell almost instantly, and I don’t want to get undercut by 1c.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

clearly something was right considering it already sold and all the prices at 10g are still there =]

(edited by Ulquiorra.6903)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

Excellent decision if you’re sitting on a capital hungry ROI.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

or you know, people who want money fast. which is a legitimate reason.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

This can be someone who has watched the market for 2 days, saw that the item doesn’t sell for 10g and decided to place his up for 8g.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: pyecat.7218

pyecat.7218

Or someone who doesn’t care about the market or profit, isn’t greedy and wants fellow players to be able to get their gear at a more reasonable price?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BUTTERBLUME.3217

BUTTERBLUME.3217

Reasonable? A reasonable price, if you count the effort of the person wanting that item actually farming for it and hoping for a random drop…
The price would go towards 50g.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

If 50g were reasonable, the 10g one would have sold (and likely been relisted in the quest for 400% profit minus fees)…

Strangely, the 8g one DID sell.

Hmm…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BUTTERBLUME.3217

BUTTERBLUME.3217

Would a player who wants that item have a choice to get it elsewhere if people did not post it for 8g? I do not think so.

People cutting prices, cut themselves.