the BL charging me 2x for selling items?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BuzybSevenSeven.4061

BuzybSevenSeven.4061

ok lately I have noticed the I am charged for putting an item in and then when I receive the money I never get the full amount.

Please someone tell me why I am being charged 2×. for the same listing fee

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

You are charged 5% for listing the item, and another 10% when it sells. This keeps people from using the TP as storage.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Because there is both a listing fee and a selling fee. The listing fee encourages people not to use the TP as storage. If you do list an item an then remove it before it sells, you’re only out the 5% listing fee. If the entire 15% were taken up front, you’d be out more. Both fees are gold sinks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BuzybSevenSeven.4061

BuzybSevenSeven.4061

yeah my issue is I’d rather them take it all at once… but thanks for explaining

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

it should be noted: the 5% listing fee is taken from your bank when you list the item.
the 10% sale fee is taken from the proceeds that the item sells for.
so if you have 1g on hand and sell an item for 1g, you will then have 95s on hand and 90s ready to be picked up in the TP. after you pick it up, you will then have 1g85s on hand.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gaviston Hawkington.9647

Gaviston Hawkington.9647

What would be nice though is a “relist” option where an item can be re-priced by the seller without incurring an additional 5% fee.

Example: I get an exotic drop and I list it on the BLTP to match the lowest offer price at 3g kitten . A week later I see that it still hasn’t sold and there are a few offers of the same item at 2g 75s. It would be nice to simply be able to match that price without removing the item and relisting….

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

What would be nice though is a “relist” option where an item can be re-priced by the seller without incurring an additional 5% fee.

Example: I get an exotic drop and I list it on the BLTP to match the lowest offer price at 3g kitten . A week later I see that it still hasn’t sold and there are a few offers of the same item at 2g 75s. It would be nice to simply be able to match that price without removing the item and relisting….

That would be exploitable the other way. I just list an item at 1g, then relist it immediately at 2g.

5 silver saved.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Right, so there can be even more “1 copper less” listings.

This could get very annoying if you’re selling an item. As it would cost nothing to keep listing lower, than the next person. (and you just know plenty of people will. )

the lost of listing fee, is part of the risk.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

among other things, a relist-for-free button would make it so you have to check all of your listings every minute, if not more often. This is because everyone else would be ensuring theirs is the lowest, so yours wouldn’t be. trust me, the rest of the playerbase collectively is more active than you are.
Also, the TP does no cater to 1c undercutting. the default when selling something is ‘match highest offer’. one click from there is ‘match lowest sell listing’. several more clicks from there and you can 1c undercut. basically, only the dedicated and non-lazy do 1c undercuts. It was designed like this for a reason – to reduce how many people do it. If they do ever add a relist button, I guarantee you it would match lowest sell listing and charge you another 5% listing fee, and even then I wouldn’t want it added due to everyone relisting which would then force me to relist.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

among other things, a relist-for-free button would make it so you have to check all of your listings every minute, if not more often. This is because everyone else would be ensuring theirs is the lowest, so yours wouldn’t be. trust me, the rest of the playerbase collectively is more active than you are.
Also, the TP does no cater to 1c undercutting. the default when selling something is ‘match highest offer’. one click from there is ‘match lowest sell listing’. several more clicks from there and you can 1c undercut. basically, only the dedicated and non-lazy do 1c undercuts. It was designed like this for a reason – to reduce how many people do it. If they do ever add a relist button, I guarantee you it would match lowest sell listing and charge you another 5% listing fee, and even then I wouldn’t want it added due to everyone relisting which would then force me to relist.

Concerning 1 copper undercuts using alot of clicks or input:

Hover your mouse over the window of the copper value and scroll your mouse wheel 1 click down.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

They get you coming and going.