thoughts of flame and frost dye.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sereniity seven.5603

sereniity seven.5603

im unhappy with the way they introduced the new flame and frost dye. i don’t think its fair how we are unable to obtain these colors anymore. during the event i spent 25 + gold and haven’t gotten a single rare color. now i look on the tp and the prices are outrageous. i don’t understand why anet made these colors limited, this is disappointing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bacon Please.8407

Bacon Please.8407

They are still very obtainable. Obtaining these dyes is not a need to play this game it is simply aesthetic. You can still purchase them while they are on the trading post. So everything seems fine to me.

We all like to [FARM] Guild Leader
Jade Quarry

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

i don’t understand why anet made these colors limited, this is disappointing

It works on many levels for anet economically:

• During the limited period it boosts sales of the dye kits and thus gems
  • After the event, the tiny amount of finite supply leads to elevated TP prices for said dyes, and thus encourages gem sales to convert to gold.
  • The inherently high trade value of dyes leads to high listing costs and taxes, thus providing a decent amount of gold being taken out the system

Arenanet has to put shoes on the feet of their NPC’s somehow – and this seems like one of the less intrusive ways of doing it.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

These dyes are still available on the TP. Most of them have 50+ available.

They are as expensive as people are willing to pay for them. If you want them that bad then you are welcome to buy them like everyone else. I fail to see the problem.

Why weren’t you complaining when they were 4-8g each? Were the colors less appealing then? I think most likely you missed out on an opportunity to make money so you are trying to punish other people for it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

These dyes are still available on the TP. Most of them have 50+ available.

They are as expensive as people are willing to pay for them. If you want them that bad then you are welcome to buy them like everyone else. I fail to see the problem.

Why weren’t you complaining when they were 4-8g each? Were the colors less appealing then? I think most likely you missed out on an opportunity to make money so you are trying to punish other people for it.

lol ditto :o

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

the irony was you could of bought 3-4 of those dyes with that 25g, lesson learn methinks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

They are still available on the trade post, and even though that shows a limited availability I can promise you there are more stockpiled away in banks. They will trickle into the market slowly unless ANet pulls one over on us and the “limited time sale” turns out to not be true like it was for the minis.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MakersMark.8420

MakersMark.8420

I remember reading posts here to just buy the dyes on the TP. They were all half or less what they are now. I bought a few random packs myself, realized how rare they were then took the advice of the forums and bought the colors I wanted.

Some of them are still relatively low priced imho given that they have better detailing than other expensive dyes (abyss/celestial)and the higher rarity (gem purchase rng only).