thoughts on winter's day items

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Niels.5396

Niels.5396

They were recently removed from the Black lion weapon merchant. Would they in time become just as pricey as the Halloween skins? I am asking this because I saw this one gw2spidy: http://www.gw2spidy.com/search/winter%27s?sort_sale_availability=asc&rarity_filter=-1

5 of the skins have 0 listings and 1 has a listing for 2500g, but no one is offering a lot of money. Will they become desirable or will they just become very rare skins no one looks at?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I wouldn’t count on it tbh, simply because they’re just not as visually interesting as the Halloween weapons.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

While they have an interesting snowflake animation the weapons themselves look more like a child’s toy made of wood. This limits their appeal and low appeal means low demand. So I would say the answer to your question is, they will be rare skins that very few want.

That saying, I have both the shortbow and the shield. My ranger is still using the shortbow and the only reason I don’t use the shield is because I have no use for it.

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I don’t think likely.

The reason is they’ll most likely bring it back again when the price get high, so they can sell more black lion key.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

As Astral said, they were far less popular among the playerbase than, say, the Halloween or the Fused weapons. Like the Lovestruck weapons, I doubt they will ever become super expensive, simply because most players aren’t interested in their “theme”.

But that said, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Winter weapons come back for sale every Wintersday as a seasonal purchase.