what did you guys do to dill?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I’m not one who plays the TP, but I’m aware that there are plenty who do. I also notice when certain items spike or plummet in price. Dill, the last I checked, was going for about 4.x-ish silver. I just saw it’s now going for more than 17. You guys…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: NibriAyid.3680

NibriAyid.3680

It looks like someone bought out a lot of them on Tuesday (supply went from 1143 to 598 in an instant according to TP trackers). Also for most of the week someone’s been buying a lot of them faster than the stock has been getting replenished, driving prices up.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Bowl of Dilled Cream Sauce also went up. Perhaps someone has inside information on a new recipe.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

It spiked sharply 3 weeks ago as well. It’s not a particularly useful material, but the supply is so, so low thakitten ’s ripe for wild price swings.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Wasn’t Dill the ingredient used in some super popular dish for no condition duration Warrior builds in WvW?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Wasn’t Dill the ingredient used in some super popular dish for no condition duration Warrior builds in WvW?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Dilled_Clam_Chowder this?
I guess if -24% is enough then there is no point in getting the -40%.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Probably core information leaking about new recipes/builds like inb4 every patch.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

I think it might be because of the Bowl of Krytan Meatball Dinner, cause that uses the Bowl of Dilled Cream Sauce.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zumy.6318

A lvl 40 recipe? I doubt it very much!

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

(edited by Zumy.6318)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: daimonos.9831

daimonos.9831

I think this post and other guides like it are responsible. This isn’t the first spike in dill prices: there was a similar one back around May 3rd. I spent several days running around harvesting dill in response. A guild mate laughed because someone was crying in Lions Arch map chat about how they needed money to buy dill to level their crafting :- )

In short: someone’s fleecing ignorant cooking levellers, again. Time to go dill harvesting :- )

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zumy.6318

No. its not about leveling through cooking. The best guides dont even use dill.
And there was no increase in leveling alts.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Curo.2483

I’m really surprised by the amount of narrowminded people I encounter playing this game. People will see guides like that and think it is the best way, regardless of what the numbers tell them. People need to start thinking for themselves. I despise people that need to be told everything, and believe anything they are told.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I also noticed that and even thought about flipping some but it’s too risky imo.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: John Smith.4610

John Smith.4610

Next

I actually looked into Dill recently because of some odd behavior in the market. What I will tell you is that it is not flippers or manipulators, it is legitimate (if misguided) demand.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

the amount of information necessary to make that assessment is huge.
you would have to know who is buying it, and what they are doing with it. to know that the majority of them are consuming them in recipes is impressive. (I assume that’s the only thing besides flipping or manipulating, since both of those would see dill either sit in their bank or back on the TP)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: John Smith.4610

Previous

John Smith.4610

google “gw2 cooking guide” and check the recipes. Then look at this:

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Does that match with similar items from these guides, like is there lots of people buying 25 Slices of Garlic Bread? I would imagine so, is it just as high? if not then what make dill so special?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: waldie.6015

waldie.6015

i am quiet sure it was flipped a few days ago, because about a week ago i traded with them and they went up in only a few hours..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Funny that people are still using that static guide when there’s gw2crafts.net which doesn’t even include dill (currently). Do people really always choose the first google hit? :p

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

google “gw2 cooking guide” and check the recipes. Then look at this:

That’s incomplete information, so any assumptions made from it fail to hold water unfortunately. Had it provided sales across all prices at or across a certain time frame, then we could surmise something of value.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Black Lion Trading Co

Curo.2483

I started following this thread because of the change in Dill price. I am now following it because someone is arguing with Anet’s lead economist.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Funny that people are still using that static guide when there’s gw2crafts.net which doesn’t even include dill (currently). Do people really always choose the first google hit? :p

That wouldn’t be surprising. Companies spend huge chunk of money to get themselves in the top of search results for a reason.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eolirin.1830

Eolirin.1830

That’s incomplete information, so any assumptions made from it fail to hold water unfortunately. Had it provided sales across all prices at or across a certain time frame, then we could surmise something of value.

That’s not true. When the guides call for exactly 25 dilled cream sauce, and dilled cream sauce purchases are almost entirely being made in batches of 25, it’s not at all unreasonable to draw the conclusion that the people buying dilled cream sauce are following those guides. There being high demand for dilled cream sauce drives up the demand for dill, which is used to create it, and so the price of dill spikes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Essence Snow.3194

That’s not true. When the guides call for exactly 25 dilled cream sauce, and dilled cream sauce purchases are almost entirely being made in batches of 25, it’s not at all unreasonable to draw the conclusion that the people buying dilled cream sauce are following those guides. There being high demand for dilled cream sauce drives up the demand for dill, which is used to create it, and so the price of dill spikes.

So you’re telling me, that players following guides released in January didn’t cause a spike in dill sales till mid May? I don’t buy that. If the info could show a correlation in time to a guide then it would be better, but as it stands…it remains inconclusive.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Well, there’s a new get rich quick scheme…

Buy a whole bunch’ve cheap mats. Write a guide explaining how to rank up your crafting skill using said mats; promote the pants off it – make bank on materials.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

So you’re telling me, that players following guides released in January didn’t cause a spike in dill sales till mid May? I don’t buy that. If the info could show a correlation in time to a guide then it would be better, but as it stands…it remains inconclusive.

You don’t consider an exponential increase in the number of views on this guide. As more people view this guide, more people are likely to promote it. As more people promote it, more people are going to view the guide, and even more people are going to promote it than before. Essentially, if every promoter of the guide gets two other people to promote the guide, then we go from having one promoter to
1+2^5 = 33 promoters by the time we get to the fifth person in the chain of promoters.

Of course, in actuality, a model like the one above is extremely simplified, and, furthermore, the ability to produce more promoters will plateau and stabilize, meaning that there will be an X number of promoters of the guide (because, at this point, most of the people who are willing to promote the guide already have, and many people have already seen this guide anyways). However, the point is that this exponential increase in promotion of such a guide could very well be the explanation that would suggest that a guide written in January causes an effect later in May in the markets.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Sometimes videos on YouTube will have hits in the 1,000’s for years and then out of nowhere will suddenly get half a million views.

Exisiting does not mean people will see it or that it will be popular instantly. Maybe one guy from a guild decided this was the best guide ever and told his guild mates, who spread it to another guild and suddenly everyone was using it as an instant 10 levels for an alt.

Perhaps cooking is the cheapest and fastest way to level an ALT and people are just catching on to that now?

“I reject your reality and substitute my own.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Essence Snow.3194

If ya’ll took note of when the views occurred, then you’d have your answer to why the “reason” does not hold water. Ya’ll should question things more……….I do have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale if not

(edited by Essence Snow.3194)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

I pay more credit to people who question things that seem fishy than people who consider developers gods incapable of making a mistake. Any person here could become a developer or economist in the next game, and it wouldn’t make them any better or worse, or immune from disagreement as they are now.

As to reasons Dill might have gone up…
There’s a new recipe as of the April 30 update that uses 4 dill sprigs. It gives Toughness and Magic Find.

Considering how rare dill sprigs drop, it’s not too hard for the supply to be snatched up by players a) collecting it to use, b) collecting it to avoid paying more later, c) manipulate the market to resell higher.

It might not have been 1 person doing it, but lots of people doing any of those 3 could easily cause it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Dill is one of the ingredients in an herb package to make an herbed poultry saffron dish that removes conditions when a heal is used. It’s very popular I think. People buy mine alot.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bluemonkey.1762

bluemonkey.1762

It looks like the demand (since January) has remained relatively consistent, but the supply has been very sporadic. The fact that the price hasn’t changed much in the last 5 months is the larger mystery to me.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Curo.2483

Dill is one of the ingredients in an herb package to make an herbed poultry saffron dish that removes conditions when a heal is used. It’s very popular I think. People buy mine alot.

Item names and/or link please? I’ve searched wiki and the DB, and I have no idea what you are talking about. I found Bowl of Saffron-scented Poultry Soup but it doesn’t contain any ingredients with Dill.