Armor Issues...

Armor Issues...

in Charr

Posted by: Greyfur.1082

Greyfur.1082

Now we know for sure why we cant get proper looking armor, Its not worth it. Oh guess I will have to keep my human stretched out gear for my multiple Charrs.

Attachments:

Armor Issues...

in Charr

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

%13 of your fan base is not small enough to be “not worth it” and ignored.
Beside they should have decent level of quality across the board rather than just what’s more popular even if whats more popular takes a bit higher priority. Imagine if the only class that got bug fixes, balancing, new skills ect was the most popular one.

Armor Issues...

in Charr

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

Bleh. Human Warriors. BORING!

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

Armor Issues...

in Charr

Greyfur.1082

%13 of your fan base is not small enough to be “not worth it” and ignored.
Beside they should have decent level of quality across the board rather than just what’s more popular even if whats more popular takes a bit higher priority. Imagine if the only class that got bug fixes, balancing, new skills ect was the most popular one.

When 87% can wear the same type of armor without too much work the 13% is pretty small.

Bleh. Human Warriors. BORING!

Yep =/

Armor Issues...

in Charr

Posted by: Nasher.6874

Nasher.6874

Charr looked a lot better in the concept art. Less hunched and better armour. It’s a shame the final thing looks NOTHING like it :/

Look at http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/4/46/Charr_concept_art_2.jpg
Compared to how they actually are. The one who decided to go with what we have needs a hard slap.

(edited by Nasher.6874)

Armor Issues...

in Charr

Posted by: PrinceCola.5620

PrinceCola.5620

Wow, wish charrs looked like that.

Armor Issues...

in Charr

Posted by: Kitty.6219

Kitty.6219

In the twitch tv they already said: Not enough players are playing charr, not enough resources are going to be pumped into making charr armor better.

Bummer.

Armor Issues...

in Charr

Posted by: Hyena.2037

Hyena.2037

Yeah saw that on the Twitch stream as well. Pretty frustrating.

The problem there is that if you ask most people why they don’t play charr they’ll usually cite them looking bad in the various armors.

So the same thing that’s making people not want to play the race is the same thing that’s making the improvement a low priority.

Wonderful logic there. Guess they’ll never have to fix it then, because something else will always be a higher priority if that’s how they go by it.

Armor Issues...

in Charr

Greyfur.1082

Just saw that on dulfy:

It is a bummer Klitty, and will only get worse like Hyena so well put it “the same thing that’s making people not want to play the race is the same thing that’s making the improvement a low priority.”

I can understand not wanting to spend the resources but man that sucks, guess we need to get louder before the gap gets worse.

This was the Q&A:

Q: Are you making to fix the Charr armor and make them look sexy?

Daniel: Providing better armor for all races is important to us. Charr is the least played race so we will need to distribute our manpower accordingly. Players who play humans and norn are more numerous and louder crowd. We feel for the Charrs, and given the time and resources we will make sure to do your justice.

Armor Issues...

in Charr

Posted by: Grimmur.1469

Grimmur.1469

Just saw that on dulfy:

It is a bummer Klitty, and will only get worse like Hyena so well put it “the same thing that’s making people not want to play the race is the same thing that’s making the improvement a low priority.”

I can understand not wanting to spend the resources but man that sucks, guess we need to get louder before the gap gets worse.

This was the Q&A:

Daniel: Providing better armor for all races is important to us. Charr is the least played race so we will need to distribute our manpower accordingly. Players who play humans and norn are more numerous and louder crowd. We feel for the Charrs, and given the time and resources we will make sure to do your justice.

How much louder can the charr community get about this issue? I cant remember the last time I check one of the other race forums and found anyone complaining about similar problems except the asura, so I’am not sure what they meant or maybe is their way of saying “most of the money likes to play this particular race more, so we make sure the money is happy”

Armor Issues...

in Charr

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Charr looked a lot better in the concept art. Less hunched and better armour. It’s a shame the final thing looks NOTHING like it :/

Look at http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/4/46/Charr_concept_art_2.jpg
Compared to how they actually are. The one who decided to go with what we have needs a hard slap.

That’s concept art for GW1 – the GW2 armour looks nothing like it because the charr have improved their armour manufacture in the last 250 years.

Armor Issues...

in Charr

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

Just saw that on dulfy:
This was the Q&A:

How much louder can the charr community get about this issue? I cant remember the last time I check one of the other race forums and found anyone complaining about similar problems except the asura, so I’am not sure what they meant or maybe is their way of saying “most of the money likes to play this particular race more, so we make sure the money is happy”

Its the same circular argument used by management everywhere to get rid of things they don’t want to deal with.. A therefore B therefore C. Not as many people play Charr, therefore they aren’t a high priority, therefore fewer people will want to play them in the future. Given enough time the population of Charr players will get disgusted with the inaction of the devs and quit playing them altogether, or at least fall below a particular threshold, and the devs will writ them out of the game entirely.

Maybe, maybe not, but this has happened over and over in other places, not specifically games, but it does happen. If they wanted to see the number of players playing Charr improve, they would prioritize the armor fixes higher. But they just don’t care. Charr were put into the game as fan service for the people in GW1 who thought they were cool there, and wanted to play them. But they didn’t spend much time on them, which is why the armor sucks, the feet look weird, and they just don’t care about fixing any of it.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

Armor Issues...

in Charr

Posted by: Sedoks.3576

Sedoks.3576

Armor Issues...

in Charr

Posted by: Red Tree.1936

Red Tree.1936

Given enough time the population of Charr players will get disgusted with the inaction of the devs and quit playing them altogether, or at least fall below a particular threshold, and the devs will writ them out of the game entirely.

I understand that you’re concerned about the treatment of charr, particularly by the armor design team, but I don’t think that’s a very realistic fear. It would have to depend on every single player abandoning their charr just so they can have access to more different armor skins, which I don’t feel people who REALLY love the charr for what they are will do, even given time. I’m sure many, like me, are so attached to their writing, their cultural identity, and their characterization and other things that we’d run through the game in our loincloths if we had to. The charr player base would have to literally be zero to justify even considering removing an entire playable race from the game.

Even if such an impossible thing were to happen, the sheer amount of time, money, resources, effort, and manpower required to completely disintegrate a playable race that is already woven deeply into the lore and story would be astronomical. It would actually be more efficient to completely redesign all of their armor skins from scratch.

The more realistic concern, and the one we’re facing now, is not that ANet will expunge the charr race from Guild Wars 2 altogether, but that ANet will simply not put any effort into their armor skins forever.

Armor Issues...

in Charr

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Did someone say something about “Armor Issues” ?

Vigil-Armor

Attachments:

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

Armor Issues...

in Charr

Posted by: Brumen.9720

Brumen.9720

Personally very very very disappointed…

No one from the staff spent 30 seconds to write us something in months, and they opened a thread bout a new jellyfish… really.

Nothing.

Nothing…

Charr players count nothing…

I’m loosing the joy to play, i love my Charrs.

Exaggerated? Maybe i’m, but after months waitin….
Sorry for bad grammar.

Regards

Charr need no gods !

Armor Issues...

in Charr

Posted by: Red Tree.1936

Red Tree.1936

Did someone say something about “Armor Issues” ?

Vigil-Armor

Hah. I saw that in the PvP locker when looking desperately for non-clipping armor for yet another new charr. I literally couldn’t believe my eyes.

Personally very very very disappointed…

No one from the staff spent 30 seconds to write us something in months, and they opened a thread bout a new jellyfish… really.

Nothing.

Nothing…

Charr players count nothing…

I’m loosing the joy to play, i love my Charrs.

Exaggerated? Maybe i’m, but after months waitin….
Sorry for bad grammar.

Regards

Has anyone tried to contact ANet staff directly on the issue? More than once? Because it WILL take more than one try, I guarantee it. I’m trying to figure out the wording to a letter I’m writing to the art director, who said the infamous quote at that Q&A session himself. Forums are useful for communicating with other players, but they’re pretty much useless for talking to ANet themselves. I’m thinking personal messages to as many staff members as one can contact. I don’t live too far from Seattle either. If this continues, I may walk in personally and have a chat with some people. But it’s going to take more than one try. Making a lot of noise once or twice will pretty much do nothing. Silently poking them until they can’t stand it anymore may yield better results.

So. Do you care enough about the charr and their treatment by the armor design team to call them up until they can’t stand the sound of your voice?

I know I do.

Armor Issues...

in Charr

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I don’t get it. What about while this game was in development? Also, even if it is the least played, just the fact that they put more or less effort into a race in the game just shows a lack of passion to me. Really lame if you ask me. It just seems like a very important thing that should not be taken so lightly.

Armor Issues...

in Charr

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

It seems to vary by department, at least at launch. The storylines for charr were among the best in the game, and left me wondering what happened when I got to the higher level story. It’s just the artwork that’s lacking – which wouldn’t be so confronting if you didn’t spend the whole time looking at the results.

Seriously, how hard is it to turn the footprints around the right way?