Beauty and the Charr

Beauty and the Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Redrobin.5627

Redrobin.5627

I was watching Beauty and the Beast other day, and I realized that Beast looked a lot like a charr. Now I don’t know if this has been brought up before but I thought I’d just share it with everyone anyway.

Beast
http://dettoldisney.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/disneythe-beast.jpg

Charr
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/7011/screenshot098j.jpg

Beauty and the Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Hobocop.1508

Hobocop.1508

Maybe a little bit.

Attachments:

Beauty and the Charr

in Charr

Posted by: AuldWolf.7598

AuldWolf.7598

Oh, it’s intentional. The aesthetic of the male charr was obviously nicked straight from Beast, right down to the long, hyena-like body and short legs. There’s no doubt about that. But everything is inspired by something.

Let’s be honest, though… if you could be inspired by boring fantasy races like the Vah Shir, the Kerra, or the Khajiit, or you could be inspired by something like Beast, which would you choose? To be honest, I think their inspiration was well chosen, because at least the charr don’t look like most fantasy races.

Not to mention that Beast was absolutely awesome and a well-loved character in most of my social circles. This made the charr an easy sell (unlike most beast races)!

So… yeah. It’s obvious ‘strongly inspired’ by beast. But then the Khajiit ended up being ‘strongly inspired’ by the Vah Shir and so on. It’s just how things are. Few things are completely unique. But the charr are still very unique compared to most beast races. I can’t really think of one other race in a game that has a visual aesthetic as original as the charr. And I know a lot about that topic.

Beauty and the Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Redrobin.5627

Redrobin.5627

I love the fact that they look like beast. I’m a big Disney fan and I really enjoyed this “little” similarity they have. Just like the asura remind me of Dobby, Stitch, and Yoda.

Beauty and the Charr

in Charr

Posted by: TheCelt.1394

TheCelt.1394

I never played the original Guild Wars, and had never heard of the Charr. But when I first saw the Charr in the Tyria Races trailer in 2011, that was the first connection my brain made, and sold me immediately. It’s probably the most prominent basic root reason I became interested in GW II at all.

“It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument”. -William G. McAdoo