Can a Charr wield Ebonhawke weapons

in Charr

Posted by: ThFH.6048

ThFH.6048

I really love the ebonhawk rifle skin especially since it is very black, but both my Egineer and Warrior are Charrs form the Iron Legion and Blood Legion. So I am thinking would any Charr even want to use something human made even after they properly changed it to fit the needs of a proud Legionaire?

in Charr

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

I really love the ebonhawk rifle skin especially since it is very black, but both my Egineer and Warrior are Charrs form the Iron Legion and Blood Legion. So I am thinking would any Charr even want to use something human made even after they properly changed it to fit the needs of a proud Legionaire?

It’s not bad I guess. Decent design. They’re learning. They have a thing for birds… but as a ranger, I can understand that.

If there are charr who think so little of themselves as to run around in flame legion trash, I don’t see why you can’t equip ebonhawk gear.

A warband member of mine uses a few. They were a gift to him from his friend. They’re well made and they serve him well far as I can tell.

I prefer skilled norn smiths myself. They handle custom orders better and they steak their reputation on their work. It’s very personal for them.

I like that. I know I’m going to get a superior product as a result.

in Charr

Posted by: dgzsl.3568

dgzsl.3568

That’s why they signed the treaty, so that carrying Ebonhawke weapons will no longer be illegal for Charrs!!!

in Charr

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

I don’t think it was ever illegal, it’s just you used to have to take them from the dead hands of an Ebon Vanguard before rather than buying them!

in Charr

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The Charr are pragmatists above all. If a human-made rifle turns out to be more effective, more reliable or even more aesthetically pleasing than other options, the Charr would not let pride stop them from using it on the battlefield.

in Charr

dgzsl.3568

The Charr are pragmatists above all. If a human-made rifle turns out to be more effective, more reliable or even more aesthetically pleasing than other options, the Charr would not let pride stop them from using it on the battlefield.

But before that they are going to need some good excuses to cover up their own pride. Claim to be using those to see how bad human technology can be, and then secretly cherish that baby like a treasure when no one’s looking.

Excuse my post for that word illegal up there, have been reading up Ascalon history for too long recently and exaggerated things a little too much as a result :(

in Charr

Posted by: ThFH.6048

ThFH.6048

It is not wether or not it is ilegal but would a proud Centurio of the Iron Legion use a human made rifle or would he make his own rifle?

Roleplay wise I would ofcourse have looted it from a dead Ebon Vanguard and maybe even modified it to show them how they should make proper rifles and weapons.

in Charr

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

@dgzsl: Of course. As ThFH suggested, a Charr using an Ebonhawke rifle might make up a cover story about how “yeah, I looted this rifle from the corpse of the first Separatist officer I killed. I’m using it because, uh… it’s a battle trophy. And I’m sure it kittenes off the Separatists to see a Charr using their own weapons. Yeah, that’s it.”

>.>

<.<

in Charr

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I see no problem with a Charr who supports the treaty using Ebonhawke weapons. Could view it as a symbol of support for said treaty.

in Charr

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

It’s a trophy from your victories killing separatists. Display a human head on your wall!

in Charr

dgzsl.3568

Next time when you are having doubts on using that super hot and trending Ebon-rifle that everyone’s been using next door (technically few locatons away), don’t forget that there’s still this!

Attachments:

in Charr

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Charr have no problem using human made weapons:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sohothin

in Charr

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

My charr guardian has used the ebonhawke greatsword skin for two years now.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

in Charr

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

My Charr warrior uses an Ebonhawke Sword as her off-hand weapon, opposite a Legionnaire sword.

in Charr

dgzsl.3568

My Charr warrior uses an Ebonhawke Sword as her off-hand weapon, opposite a Legionnaire sword.

I can imagine the balance of Yin and Yang going on with your swords, what a perfect pair!

in Charr

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

No! How dare you wield Ebonhawke weapons, CHARR?!!
You shall pay for this! You and all of your legion!
I’ll directly command an Ascalonian and Ebonhawke army... prepare for war, kitty kats!!
DIE FILTHY CHARRS!! DIEEEEE!!!!
MUWHHAHAHAHA!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|