Charr Plush Backpack

Charr Plush Backpack

in Charr

Posted by: Ripred.4605

Ripred.4605

Anet… I love you!

Attachments:

Stop calling me a cat! I’m obviously an over sized combat kitten…

Charr Plush Backpack

in Charr

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I wonder what the tiger one looks like.

Charr Plush Backpack

in Charr

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

That is SOOOOO adorable. I’m going to have to buy one now.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Charr Plush Backpack

in Charr

Posted by: wolfshirt.8459

wolfshirt.8459

I need a human plush backpack for my Charr!!

Charr Plush Backpack

in Charr

Posted by: SarahTV.6470

SarahTV.6470

Actually, I was wondering about this. I, as a consumer and as a non-game persona is going “Aww, cute and adorable!”.

However, I think about these things way too much….

Plushies, or Stuffed Animals, as we have called them, all arrive from various places, but if we take the basis to be from taxidermy, it makes a Plush is a representative of a dead creature. We give them to children to help give them comfort and to protect them from imaginary fears, but they still represent a dead thing.

It’s like running around with a dead Charr on your back, and you are trying to make yourself friendly to Charr. Even worse, what if you are Charr wearing this backpack? What the heck does this say about your character? Does that make your character childish? A murderer?

Furthermore, does wearing a plump image of a Charr mean you are ridiculing one of the most powerful races in the world? Would Charr take this as a sign that they rule over all other races? What does this mean?

I just find the ramifications of this, in character, to be interesting and terrifying.

OOC, though, it’s cute.

Charr Plush Backpack

in Charr

RyuDragnier.9476

What if it’s MADE by a Charr?

[hS]

Charr Plush Backpack

in Charr

Posted by: Dafid.8521

Dafid.8521

Plushies, or Stuffed Animals, as we have called them, all arrive from various places, but if we take the basis to be from taxidermy, it makes a Plush is a representative of a dead creature. We give them to children to help give them comfort and to protect them from imaginary fears, but they still represent a dead thing.

It’s like running around with a dead Charr on your back…

just for you to know… plushies can be made by sewing together some pieces of cloth… so it can represent love towards your kids and you give them a friend instead of giving them a dead animal… well… it’s my opinion. :P

Also i saw some pictures on the net… there are different coloured charr backpacks… one of them looks like Tybalt… I wonder how can you get them…

Charr Plush Backpack

in Charr

Posted by: Serpent Eyed.8365

Serpent Eyed.8365

since i saw this, my in-game persona has thought: "What in the twisted realms of The Mists did Evon Gnashblade think, when he brought this to markets? profits of course, since he started selling these after success of Quaggan plushies." If it would have looked more like this real world charr plush, i would not have minded so much, and rather thought of Rytlock chasing Evon for selling those plushies.

The Wandering Centurion

Charr Plush Backpack

in Charr

Posted by: raptor.1064

raptor.1064

ugh it looks so ugly and stupid, I hate it

Charr Plush Backpack

in Charr

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

What if it’s MADE by a Charr?

The description says, “No charr were harmed in the creation of this plushie.”

That is the actual description.

I was annoyed that my plushie won’t show up while I have my sword and shield on unless I’ve got my weapons drawn. When I first appled the skin, I thought I had a glitch – I even took off my shield and it didn’t appear. I only noticed later while doing a dungeon that it had finally appeared.

It’s a little cuter than I wanted, though. hahaha.

Charr Plush Backpack

in Charr

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

I thought the quaggan was way too cutesy for my Charr to wear but I was ecstatic when I saw this in the gem store. It’s awesome

I love it. I just wish the tiger one wasn’t black lion chest only. I never waste my money on that stuff. I’m buying a second regular Charr backpack as soon as I decide what character to give it to.

My only gripe is that he doesn’t have two sets of horns. At least not that I could see.

Charr Plush Backpack

in Charr

Posted by: Sojourner.8356

Sojourner.8356

It looks like a monkey with brain damage to me.
I for one would like to see weapon skins and more armor and clothe skins in the store. Race specific or with different looks depending on the race like the cooks outfit.
But I bet A-net will put them in the chests with a 0,01% chance to drop so we buy more keys like they did with the pink quaggan backpack.

Charr Plush Backpack

in Charr

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

There is indeed a plush tybalt backpack cover. [&AgFomgAA] I want it! Now! It’s too cute!

http://www.gw2db.com/items/74034-plukittenybalt-backpack-cover

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Charr Plush Backpack

in Charr

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

Is that Tybalt one in the game already? It’s probably from the black lion chests :/

Charr Plush Backpack

in Charr

RyuDragnier.9476

If it is already in the game, then ALL OF MY MONEY! ALL OF IT!

[hS]

Charr Plush Backpack

in Charr

Posted by: Oregateau.2814

Oregateau.2814

I really want the tiger one for my tigery charr. It’d be the perfect mini-me. A pity it’s a rare chest drop

Charr Plush Backpack

in Charr

Posted by: caelstraz.6298

caelstraz.6298

Actually, I was wondering about this. I, as a consumer and as a non-game persona is going “Aww, cute and adorable!”.

However, I think about these things way too much….

It’s like running around with a dead Charr on your back, and you are trying to make yourself friendly to Charr. Even worse, what if you are Charr wearing this backpack? What the heck does this say about your character? Does that make your character childish? A murderer?

Furthermore, does wearing a plump image of a Charr mean you are ridiculing one of the most powerful races in the world? Would Charr take this as a sign that they rule over all other races? What does this mean?

I just find the ramifications of this, in character, to be interesting and terrifying.

OOC, though, it’s cute.

The basis for plushies, historically speaking, has nothing to do with taxidermy though. So this whole comparison is inaccurate. Taxidermy was done for show to create trophies for hunters. Toys for children have been made almost as long as humans have been around, using bits of cloth and straw. Dolls have been around far longer and they have nothing to do with representing dead humans. They were just to comfort and entertain children. Plushies evolved from that – like the teddy bear. It was just another form to give to toys for children to enjoy. (example, think about how different the teddy bear, even the first ones, look from an actual bear)

Do you know the history of the Stieff company? A seamstress made an elephant-shaped pincushion as a gift for a friend and kids loved it. Most plush companies have backstories along those lines

From a Charr’s perspective – I don’t think there’s anything wrong with wearing it around a city, or having it at home. It’s a toy, it’s fun, whatever. It might appear childish to some the same way adults with plush backpacks are sometimes considered childish, but I don’t think it would be THAT big of a deal. Now if you tried to wear it into battle…that would be a different story.

Other races wearing it? Well in my headcanon – since there is no backstory to the origin of these plushies as far as I know – Charr started making these for cubs for children to start playing with. Other races liked them and boom! A company and fashion trend was born. As far as the charr are concerned, it’s about as insulting as dolls are to humans. It may be reminiscent of them, but it’s not exactly representative.

Future Blood Legion Imperator
http://praxisguild.com/
“Do not pray for mercy. Your gods are not listening, and I have none.”

Charr Plush Backpack

in Charr

Posted by: Qwyksylver Vyqtunos.6312

Qwyksylver Vyqtunos.6312

When the tybalt back becomes available i will spend whatever is necesarry to get it =)

Raagar Deathclaw-Necromancer | Korgin Shadowmind-Mesmer

Circle of Legends [BOLD]