Charr age rates?

Charr age rates?

in Charr

Posted by: Koneko.8420

Koneko.8420

Q:

How quickly do Charr mature and age when compared to the other playable races of Tyria?

Charr age rates?

in Charr

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Charr mature at about the same rate as humans, though they are active in the military from a very young age. Once a cub is weaned, he or she is placed in a fahrar, a group of cubs of similar ages, under the leadership of an older charr, who treats the group as a military unit. This fahrar is the cubs’ first warband, and the ties formed here will continue into adulthood. There is no exact moment when a charr is considered an adult, though most fahrars consider it to be when they no longer need adult supervision and are treated as a full military unit. There is no moment that the charr joins the legions – legion and charr are one in the same.

This was said by Jeff Grubb. There’s also some numbers floating about that full military training would usually take a cub six to eight years. You could thus assume that most Charr mature by the age of 8. However, that doesn’t mean they are the fully grown battle cats we know by then. If you consider they mature like humans, their power would probably peak between 20 and 30 years of age.

As to how old they can become… numbers fluctuate on that. Human can apparently easily live for 100 years, even up to 150 and beyond. Charr’s lifespan is comparable to humans so, take from that what you want.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

(edited by Evans.6347)

Charr age rates?

in Charr

Posted by: dragonrhapsody.6198

dragonrhapsody.6198

Well there is a charr that is about a 100 Still alive at the black citidal

Most men complacently accepts
“Knowledge” as “Truth”…
They are sheep ruled by fear…

Charr age rates?

in Charr

Posted by: Tarreth.8914

Tarreth.8914

Charr’s age MUST be bigger than humans, if Pyre was grandfather of Rytlock… and he lived over 200 years ago.

“We fight to live and we live to fight”

Charr age rates?

in Charr

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

I’m not sure where you got that from, as far as I know Rytlock’s ancestry isn’t mentioned. Kala Scorchrazor was a grandcub of Pyre Fierceshot and she died in 1116, this argues against her being a sister of Rytlock who appears no more than middle aged in 1326 (current year in GW2)

Charr age rates?

in Charr

Posted by: Tarreth.8914

Tarreth.8914

So it might either be that my – socalled – aknowledged with gw lore source just told a random stuff… I’ll check it out.

“We fight to live and we live to fight”

Charr age rates?

in Charr

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Yeah, about the only thing I’ve seen linking Rytlock and Pyre is that they’re both blood legion.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Charr age rates?

in Charr

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

There is one link between them. Rytlock and Pyre are both voiced by the same person: Steve Blum.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.