Coolest endgame armor for Charr

in Charr

Posted by: fall.8736

fall.8736

Hi, I have decided to make my 3rd alt and it’s going to be a Charr, I already have a warrior and elementalist but my real question is, which class should I make my charr? I want some cool looking endgame armor on him aswell. If you have any suggestion please tell me its gonna be a Charr Male btw.

in Charr

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

Heavy T3 armor looks great on charr, and so does the Light armor for CoF.

Playable Tengu please!

in Charr

fall.8736

They sure do, I cant really find any cool endgame for medium armor. or am I wrong?

in Charr

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

They sure do, I cant really find any cool endgame for medium armor. or am I wrong?

There is the Order of whisper’s medium armor. I love the look of it, but it seems dull compared to the other two.

Playable Tengu please!

in Charr

Posted by: Harak.8397

Harak.8397

This is my character currently. Mix of all 3 heavy cultural sets. Few of the dungeon gear looks real good on Charr ( with some exceptions depending on everyone’s tastes obviously ) so I stuck to the cultural ones.

Attachments:

in Charr

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Unfortunately, charr medium armor is beyond pathetic at its current state, my favorite armor is currently inquest and heritage, hiding the helm of course, but there is noooooo outstanding set. :(

If you want looks, go heavy or light. T3 cultural heavy is probably one of the top3 armor sets currently, I love it personally. There are a few other good sets, but you will not have the diversity the other humanoid classes have.

Important note for heavy charr! Some of the chest pieces leave some your upper chest exposed, to the point where your furr color can clash with your armor color and make it look not quite right, keep this in mind and use the pvp locker to preview some sets. If it does look akward, also keep in mind that most of it is hidden by the higher camera angle, but not all.

in Charr

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Unfortunately, charr medium armor is beyond pathetic at its current state, my favorite armor is currently inquest and heritage, hiding the helm of course, but there is noooooo outstanding set.

If you want looks, go heavy or light. T3 cultural heavy is probably one of the top3 armor sets currently, I love it personally. There are a few other good sets, but you will not have the diversity the other humanoid classes have.

Important note for heavy charr! Some of the chest pieces leave some your upper chest exposed, to the point where your furr color can clash with your armor color and make it look not quite right, keep this in mind and use the pvp locker to preview some sets. If it does look akward, also keep in mind that most of it is hidden by the higher camera angle, but not all.

I disagree. I really like all 3 medium armor sets of the Charr cultural armor, and the T3 in particular is one of my favorite armors in the game period. Except for maybe the hoodie on the T2, not a fan of that, though the overall design of the T2 is fine. But different strokes and all that.

in Charr

Posted by: Nitas.4960

Nitas.4960

Heavy is coolest!

Here’s my charr, T3 racial helm and gloves, TA chest and shorts and karma shoulders and boots!

Attachments:

in Charr

Posted by: igibi.4937

igibi.4937

Well i have full tier 3 heavy armor set and my opinion is that its the best looking one.

in Charr

fall.8736

thanks for all the responds, I started another warrior. really looking forward gearing him up at 80, gonna be awesome thanks again.

in Charr

Posted by: Aryto.5873

Aryto.5873

thanks for all the responds, I started another warrior. really looking forward gearing him up at 80, gonna be awesome thanks again.

Good choice. I think Charr heavies look the best. T1, T3, and Vigil heavy armor are my favs. Remember if you have a decent collection of Fine and Normal Transmutation stones and enough money to buy the armor, you can have any or all of these armor looks slapped on your armor sets at any level. When you upgrade your armor, just keep transmuting the look over!

·································•¤¨¨¨¤•·································
A R Y T O . S HA D E S T A L K E R
·································•¤……¤•·································

in Charr

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

I disagree. I really like all 3 medium armor sets of the Charr cultural armor, and the T3 in particular is one of my favorite armors in the game period. Except for maybe the hoodie on the T2, not a fan of that, though the overall design of the T2 is fine. But different strokes and all that.

I really like T3 too, and T2 is good also, the hoodie looks out of place, and T1 is very meh to me.
But my biggest problem, is that I am a charr engineer, sitting in the black citadel, the birth place of the engineer profession, the creator of the war machines making the iron legion the greatest and most technologically advanced group of people currently in Tyria and I can choose two armor sets I like, but scream ranger all over the bloody place. I just wish there was a set that looked mechanically advanced and not tribal like the other sets.

in Charr

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

If you have hall of monuments from GW1, the heritage medium armour looks quite nice on Charr I think. Other than that I think the best choice for medium is Arah (hide the mask, that’s awful) the coat is great cos the dragon spine on the back actually runs down your tail. a suit with an armoured tail is epic!

in Charr

Posted by: Kumakichi.2583

Kumakichi.2583

My Mesmer. Screenshot doesn’t do it justice really.

Attachments:

(edited by Kumakichi.2583)

in Charr

Posted by: Deathgrin.8416

Deathgrin.8416

It is not exotic but you can always transmogrief ( or how you want to write it), but dry bones(pvp) or shadow(pve) looks better on light armor wielding charr then on other races.

in Charr

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

CoF set looks pretty medicore, medium duelists is good.

in Charr

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

This is an assortment of armor pieces I’ve found as I’ve played. The top is an exotic karma piece you get from orr after completing certain dynamic event chains—it costs 42,000 karma per piece. The bottoms are given as a reward for some heart quests, although I don’t recall which. The hands and feet are T-2 cultural. It isn’t flashy or super expensive, but it looks good.

Attachments:

(edited by Weindrasi.3805)

in Charr

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Heavy is coolest!

Here’s my charr, T3 racial helm and gloves, TA chest and shorts and karma shoulders and boots!

Niiiiiice!

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Charr

Posted by: Catcrafter.3917

Catcrafter.3917

I see a lot of heavy armor charrs here, so I give you one with light armor.

Attachments:

in Charr

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Here’s my Charr Guardian, I have multiple heavy armor skin sets but I like this one the most as it’s quite refined looking I guess.

Attachments:

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Charr

Posted by: Tarquinius.3876

Tarquinius.3876

This is my only issue with T3 armor. I don’t understand why they felt that it was necessary to leave that section exposed, but it would look so much better if they just covered it up, honestly.

It originally looked so awful with my dye combination that I had to buy a total makeover kit so that the fur would blend better with the armor.

That said, heavy T3 is still probably the best armor set for Charr.

in Charr

Posted by: Ropihl.2150

Ropihl.2150

Light and heavy are awesome for charr. Medium not so much. GW2 medium armor is overwhelmed with the amount of pirate themed gear it’s ridiculous. And I’m no fan of pirates.

I had a hard time trying to find decent charr medium, but I settled for Errol’s Coat for my magic find/grinding set. The tail is actually animated around the back of the garment which is appreciated. And I’m currently working on the Invader pieces you get from WvW badges. Love this set the most so far, very neat looking though the amount of clipping is horrendous.

You can check gear available at the sPvP lockers, but here’s just some small screens of what my charr looks like with them.

Top is Eroll’s coat only, no other parts of the set. Mad King’s Slippers go nice with them, they both have throwing stars on the side.

Bottom is WvW gear, including the coat, shoulders and bracers. Hat (and most hoods and masks) look pretty silly on charr, I think. So I’ve stayed with just the rawhide version. You can preview these yourself at the Armor Vendor guy at the spawn in WvW.

Attachments:

(edited by Ropihl.2150)

in Charr

Posted by: Brumen.9720

Brumen.9720

Light and heavy are awesome for charr. Medium not so much. GW2 medium armor is overwhelmed with the amount of pirate themed gear it’s ridiculous. And I’m no fan of pirates.

I had a hard time trying to find decent charr medium, but I settled for Errol’s Coat for my magic find/grinding set. The tail is actually animated around the back of the garment which is appreciated. And I’m currently working on the Invader pieces you get from WvW badges. Love this set the most so far, very neat looking though the amount of clipping is horrendous.

You can check gear available at the sPvP lockers, but here’s just some small screens of what my charr looks like with them.

Top is Eroll’s coat only, no other parts of the set. Mad King’s Slippers go nice with them, they both have throwing stars on the side.

Bottom is WvW gear, including the coat, shoulders and bracers. Hat (and most hoods and masks) look pretty silly on charr, I think. So I’ve stayed with just the rawhide version. You can preview these yourself at the Armor Vendor guy at the spawn in WvW.

I mostly agree.

Why Anet have Charr so fiew choices with armor? It’s a shame really. There are many fantastic armor sets, light, med and heavy, but only a few fit charr anatomy without clippin and glancin and..
In my opinion medium cultural sets are cool, except T1 ( floatin shoulders), even if last two tiers are very ranger friendly.
The one in the pics is cool too, and makes me wonder if they will ever adapt some more armor pieces to charr tails and horns.
The WvWvW one is so… ! on charr tou i think its a fantastic piece of armor.
When i preview in the Mists with my Norns everything fit so good, not as with a human but good.
Same goes for light and heavy(in a minor way).
I decided to level up another Charr and make a necro. Gone to the Mists and…i mean Arah pieces for example..i find it a fantastic set as a necro, then i saw it on my Charr…

I really hope in the future Anet s gonna make something on this, cause i would really like to play Charrs, and only Charrs.
For now i’ll play Norn

Anyway..
Coolest endgame racial armor is absolutely Heavy one!

Sorry for my poor english

Regards

Charr need no gods !

in Charr

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

Recently finalized Nyoka’s armor set.
Heavy armor
CoF hands
Orrian karma shirt
T-3 pants
T-2 shoes
CoF helm (not seen)

Attachments:

in Charr

Posted by: caelstraz.6298

caelstraz.6298

http://www.gw2armor.com/ is an amazing resource for this kind of thing

Future Blood Legion Imperator
http://praxisguild.com/
“Do not pray for mercy. Your gods are not listening, and I have none.”

in Charr

Posted by: Ropihl.2150

Ropihl.2150

I mostly agree.

Why Anet have Charr so fiew choices with armor? It’s a shame really. There are many fantastic armor sets, light, med and heavy, but only a few fit charr anatomy without clippin and glancin and..
In my opinion medium cultural sets are cool, except T1 ( floatin shoulders), even if last two tiers are very ranger friendly.
The one in the pics is cool too, and makes me wonder if they will ever adapt some more armor pieces to charr tails and horns.
The WvWvW one is so… ! on charr tou i think its a fantastic piece of armor.
When i preview in the Mists with my Norns everything fit so good, not as with a human but good.
Same goes for light and heavy(in a minor way).
I decided to level up another Charr and make a necro. Gone to the Mists and…i mean Arah pieces for example..i find it a fantastic set as a necro, then i saw it on my Charr…

I really hope in the future Anet s gonna make something on this, cause i would really like to play Charrs, and only Charrs.
For now i’ll play Norn

Anyway..
Coolest endgame racial armor is absolutely Heavy one!

Sorry for my poor english

Regards

At the start of the game and a few days in, there wasn’t much in terms of armor being sold, bought or made since the auction house didn’t launch for a few weeks. So I saved up a few gold (which was impossible at that time!) and bought the first and second cultural sets for some interesting armor. I do agree, they are very nice. I particularly like the charr T3 light armor. I have an Ele charr I’m hoping to get it for!

in Charr

Posted by: juxo.7129

juxo.7129

medium vigil (abyss/lipstick):

Attachments:

RETIRED after 2 years and 3500 hours because Anet sucks
#1 PVE Commander EU
Desolation motto: Guests Go Home

in Charr

Posted by: Qwyksylver Vyqtunos.6312

Qwyksylver Vyqtunos.6312

make a charr scholar type charr and class and get norgu or vizier khilbrons armor I promise you’ll look awesome

Raagar Deathclaw-Necromancer | Korgin Shadowmind-Mesmer

Circle of Legends [BOLD]