Could this be a name for a Charr?

in Charr

Posted by: Charrlizard.8041

Charrlizard.8041

I never bothered to give my Charr a first name, just a title and a last name, so I was wondering, keeping with the whole Greek/roman thing they got going for them, would it be entirely absurd to have a Charr named Alexander? or maybe Alexandros? I know we think of that as a modern human name, but the roots are obvious. Of course, some Charr would probably find such a name weak or slightly comical, since I’m sure there are humans who share it. This would really help me explain why my Charr never gives out his real name, and strikes me as a better excuse than ‘I just couldn’t think of one’.

So. Thoughts?

in Charr

Posted by: Worgrak.3918

Worgrak.3918

If you look at the charr naming, especially for male, its a srong, but harsh sounding sometimes. If you want to stick to roman/greek names, I suggest go for the stronger sounding ones. Since the titles are already roman empire like, its not too far streched ^^
I’d advise to look though the greek and roman mythology, a lot nice names there that could fit a charr ^^

Personally I named my charr Kilgar, though its not a greek/roman sounding name :P

in Charr

Posted by: Aiden.6483

Aiden.6483

I named mine Raghnall. Just cause I brainstormed, and it sounded beastly and Charr-like.

Mediocre multiclasser,
PvP & WvW roaming

in Charr

Posted by: Aryto.5873

Aryto.5873

There’s an NPC in Ashford near the starting area skill challenge with a very Human-sounding name. When you talk with him, he snaps at you to mind your own business.

So I think there’s argument for just about anything. Although if you’ve got something fairly unusual, better have a good story to back it up so you can snap at people not to talk about it too! ;p

·································•¤¨¨¨¤•·································
A R Y T O . S HA D E S T A L K E R
·································•¤……¤•·································

in Charr

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

perfectly reasonable since the greek/roman theme extends to a lot of names as well. and as you said, it is a Helenised name.

in Charr

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

My Charr Engineer is named “Moody Madeye”. From what I can see of the NPC names, that’s a perfectly reasonable Charr name. Most of them have compound word last names, themes along their warband, so mine is the Mad Iron Warband. I don’t see why either Alexander or Alexandros wouldn’t be acceptable. Don’t forget you can put a last name in because spaces are acceptable characters.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

in Charr

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

There’s a lot of good roman names for Charr, “Maximus” obviously suits them.
Remember most male latin names end in us, female in a, so if we had a big female charr she could be “Maxima”.
Atellus = dark haired, good for a black charr, (Albinus = White btw)
Cornelius = Horned, fits any charr.
Malleolus = Hammer, could make a good guardian or warrior with that.
Quadratus = Stocky/ heavy built, similarly Brutus = heavy
Vincentius = Conqueror, I’m sure any charr would like THAT name

(edited by Bathos.6341)