Does Anyone Else Think That Warband Member in Personal Story Are...

in Charr

Posted by: SeanNorm.1328

SeanNorm.1328

Weaker than a Human Child?

Now I’m talking about the Personal Story characters that get recruited throughout your personal story, from the one you chose as your sparring partner (Maverick in my case) to every single Charr that joins you!

They deal almost 0 damage to any enemy, not even generic ghosts, and go down with in seconds of entering melee range, even in Maverick(a warrior)’s case?

Then again this seems to suit the majority of the game and Arena Nets idea of making nothing useful so that no single part of the game is more desirable than any other part.
Lookin’ at you Elite Skills >:{

in Charr

Posted by: Ecrulis.2058

Ecrulis.2058

honestly I havent noticed I picked Reeva she seemed a decent fit for my thief and she seems to do alright, not sure about the rest of them

in Charr

Posted by: Shooopa.5632

Shooopa.5632

They do help, but as you go along later into the game they’re less and less helpful thanks to the game’s sudden decision to have undead zerg rush you.

User will be infracted for this post.

in Charr

Posted by: AuldWolf.7598

AuldWolf.7598

Yeah, their power is static. This is actually an issue with every NPC in the game, though. NPCs don’t scale. Which means that most NPCs in zones are dead, rather than patrolling. And most NPCs in storylines die off quickly.

I brought it up in the suggestions subforum. It’s something they need to look at in general.

in Charr

Posted by: Zephire.8049

Zephire.8049

Dinky did alright for me, but he’s more support than the other ones. I picked Reeva on another character and she seems to be alright for the moment, but I’m only level 10 so there’s a lot of room for that to change.

But NPC’s as a whole seem to be rather underpowered much of the time. I just loved the personal story missions where 10+ NPC’s and I got swarmed by undead, I AoE daze the undead on cooldown (so 2 second daze every 10 or 12 seconds) — as well as hit them with weakness and cast boons on the NPC’s — and a minute later three undead are down along with all the NPC’s ?_?

At least ‘bandmates — less than ideal as they may get — are better than Generic NPC #1-10. I’d rather listen to Dinky’s banter and see the other ones I recruited who went and vanished than have a bunch of identical NPC’s that shout the same few lines over and over again.

in Charr

Posted by: Sjach Darasv.3729

Sjach Darasv.3729

The only useful NPC types, the thief ones. The reason they are useful, that constant smokebomb blind the enemy/steath allies move they spam.

~Lone Shadow~

in Charr

Posted by: KablamoBoom.5938

KablamoBoom.5938

Clawspur did a ton of damage for me, when paired with the other older thief you get in the Blood Legion story arc. Alternately, Maverick worked well with my thief as he would take all the NPC damage while I killed everything. Okay, it’s a little cheap just shoving your ‘bandmate in to tank everything but you’ll revive him in the end, right?

in Charr

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Guardian NPCs such as logan and Dinky often pull their weight thanks to the fact they actually have AoE buffs and barrier skills they utilise, so instead of wasting their time doing no damage and dying a lot, they stick to protecting.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Charr

Posted by: Gasu.6254

Gasu.6254

I miss my homie Clawspur. I joined Order of Whispers and haven’t seen him ever since.

Hopefully we will get expansions that allow us to do stuff with our Legion and warband mates.

Would be cool if charr elite ‘Warband support’ called Clawspur to fight with me, hehe

in Charr

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Almost all of the NPCs in the game are useless except the “champion” ones (like Caithe, Rytlock, ect). Story NPCs are a little better typically than the ones you find wandering around the world (who 90% of the time can’t even 1 vs 1 a single enemy and win) but they’re all lackluster defensively and offensively. Heck, even the champions have meh damage output, especially compared to a competent player.

I assume its a concious design choice to make it so that you as the player have a greater impact on the battle and don’t just rely on NPCs to do everything. GW2 definately isn’t the only game to do so, many many games use the same approach to underpowering NPCs so that you can’t cheese battles by running away and letting NPCs do everything for example.

in Charr

Posted by: Marcusdeblack.2307

Marcusdeblack.2307

Would be cool if charr elite ‘Warband support’ called Clawspur to fight with me, hehe

THAT! I was thinking the same. It would be a great idea.

But you know, NPC’s are only to “Be”, we are the heroes. They shouldn’t steal our glory (Like The-One-We-All-Know).

in Charr

Posted by: Fatfox.4915

Fatfox.4915

THAT! I was thinking the same. It would be a great idea.

But you know, NPC’s are only to “Be”, we are the heroes. They shouldn’t steal our glory (Like The-One-We-All-Know).

XD Who ever could you mean?
I wish Dinky would accompany me to Orr, he’d cheer the place up a bit. But yeah, chosen charr as warband support would be amazing. Imagine the armies of Dinkys (Dinkies?) you could make on the maps.