Gem Armours on Charr

Gem Armours on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I have 3 Charr Female Characters – thats all I have.

(Almost) None of the armour sets that u can buy for gems are craeted to fit Charr… They clip tails and horns, cut/remove horsn and ears. So does the the latest addition too. (Most of the other armours do too) The female Charr also Always gets the male model of armour.

Those clipping issues should not even exist in a game made so recently!!!

This is THE very reason I don’t buy those sets… They look good on humanoids, but NOT ON CHARR. When will u ever start thinking of Tails Horns and Ears when creating armours!??? I keep getting disapointed EVERY time a new armour set is released….

This makes me so sad! I have almost nothing to choose from due to the ridicolous ammount of clipping and cutting on charr…

Plz Support me if u agree.

Kima & Co

Gem Armours on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Niko Stark.8932

Niko Stark.8932

The Aetherblade armor seems fine on my Charr.

Attachments:

Gem Armours on Charr

in Charr

Frostfang.5109

Thats one of the few exceptions… I’ve had it tooo… But whatabout the rest? Look at my post again… it said “Almost”.

Kima & Co

Gem Armours on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Even this armor clips with the tail. Not to mention you changed the notorious, gigantic, floating shoulder armor. Don’t ignore the issue…

… I still want tengu.

(edited by Hammerguard.9834)

Gem Armours on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Zodiac armor is better than most of them. Tail still clips, but the shoulders are actually quite good. Helm I’m iffy about, but I have smaller horns anyway, so I can just pretend they’re inside the headdress.

Keep in mind, this is the light armor. I haven’t bothered previewing the medium or heavy.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Gem Armours on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Khandarus.2738

Khandarus.2738

They really don’t care, much was evident five months ago in the live panel where they say they pay more attention to human and norn problems cause there is more of them. So its, make it look good on the races people play the most of and kitten the other races.

Gem Armours on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Regh.8649

Regh.8649

They really don’t care, much was evident five months ago in the live panel where they say they pay more attention to human and norn problems cause there is more of them. So its, make it look good on the races people play the most of and kitten the other races.

Sadly this is true… even though in my opinion, its a sad statment since more and more we see ppl that love Charr and just dont play it because of this issues, sometimes it is a real pain to find the perfect armor, just the way you like… just to find out TONS of clipping issues.

And it’s also sad that a race with so much potential created by arenanet from top to bottom (something anyone would be proud of) to fall into this sidekick character. Charrs could even be Anet official mascot!!

Sometimes all it takes to boost a race popularity is a simple official video featuring a proud and fierce warrior doing something heroic or stylish. Give it a shot! why not?
Instead of giving up ans consider it a lost cause of popularity.

I for one cant imagine playing any other plane races, humans, norns, even asura and sylvari fade to the complexity, design and charisma of Charr. Charr is an out of the box race. It’s also the only race where players stay true to their Legions (Blood, Ash and Iron) from the very beginning to the very end, no Order (whispers, Vigil and Priory) is more important than our Legions! they’re sense of duty and loyalty is almost contagious

The only good outcoming from all this, is that we are not the mainstream race, giving us the differentiation factor. And pushes us to the limit of our creativity to make a good looking one

here is mine with mix armors the braham set (shoulders, chest and gloves) and T3 and karma armor

Attachments:

Gem Armours on Charr

in Charr

Frostfang.5109

I have spoken to many ppl who have told they wont roll a charr because armour usually fits poorly. THAT is a very common reason why ppl don’t play charr…. U’re being left with very few good looking options compared to any humanoid race.

Kima & Co

Gem Armours on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: RavenRecoil.6103

RavenRecoil.6103

I love the Charr. It is my favorite race. But as I leveled my Charr ranger to 80 I realized all the armors look good on everyone else but mine. Sadly this is why when i rolled my next toon I choose norn. I couldn’t take the poor look of armor on our Charr. Clipping of the horns really got to me. I don’t care if it looks “bad” have our horns show through the helms! I’m sad because ever since anet announced gw2 and the charr was a playable race I knew I was going to be that race. Not anymore unless they fix this.

I am a hardcore casual player at best!!
Always up wind from my prey. I want them to smell my farts!

Gem Armours on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Some of the Heavy gear is fine.

The rest is absolute kittening trash.

It’s surprising the devs don’t have enough pride in their game to build even half decent looking armours for non-human races, given there was so much care put into the absolutely gorgeous environments.
Did ANet fire the guy who built the Chef’s gemstore outfit? The utter lack of quality makes no sense after they’ve proven great things are possible.

Having characters which look so jarringly ridiculous really kills immersion.
This includes NPCs of course, some look kittening terrible with high res skin textures contrasting violently with their mismatched, poorly coloured rags. So warped and stretched is the clothing that they may as well be wearing 10 square pixels.

(edited by Brew Pinch.5731)

Gem Armours on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

Every time they release new armors in the gem store I get more and more offended that they’re able to take the time to craft armors with such attentions to detail but they can’t be bothered to alter a tail hole or flap to make the ensemble acceptable for charr. I can’t even believe that some of our CULTURAL armors don’t even work for our bodies (see light T3). WTF?

There are a few armors out there that do work if the looks work for you but you really have to take a look around. I would love, love, love to spend real world monies on something nice looking but ANet just refuses to take it.

I swear my money is clean. I only use the litter box with my back paws, not my front claws.

Gem Armours on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: TinaH.3806

TinaH.3806

I just refuse to buy gemstore armor….. Don’t want to entice me to make my charr-s look more awesome, ok, no point in me buying the armor. I do want to support GW2 itself, but its issues like this that’s killing additional interest in this particular race that I love playing…

I play pretty pretty princess with my charr warrior, barely managing my look with my charr engi, and I’m dead afraid to make any light class charr. A friend’s male charr necro has a skirt-thing that literally exposes too much…

Gem Armours on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Try the Magnus Eye Patch everybody, it doesn’t clip or anything, and can look downright perfect on any Charr. Bonus points if they already have a scar over their eye.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Gem Armours on Charr

in Charr

Frostfang.5109

Ryu… Just noticed this too. Fist perfectly actualy – even on the new faces! Good job A-net! Keepo that up, preferebly with all sorts of armours!

Kima & Co

Gem Armours on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Even this armor clips with the tail. Not to mention you changed the notorious, gigantic, floating shoulder armor. Don’t ignore the issue…

If you want to count every single piece of armour, there is hardly any armour that looks good on any race. I personally dislike about every single “helmet” and “shoulder” piece out there. Most shoulders are way too huge and floating, and I like to see the face and hair I choose at character creation.

Anyway, I got the Viper set and it looks awesome on my ranger Charr. It shows the fur and it has no tail clipping issues. (didn’t use the shoulders, nor the monocle and while I do like the gloves, I used another pair to show off a maximum amount of fur….)